Low dose accutane (5-10mg) can you get hair loss?

NorwoodMilitant

NorwoodMilitant

Diamond
I want to jump on accutane to finally clear my skin and keep it clear, but I already have MPB and I cant afford to have any hair thinning. Thoughts?

20 MG a day for 6 months made my frontal hair thinner. No norwooding but thinner front hair. One of things that I wish I went back in time and stop trying is accutane tbh hair is really Important(started thining at 19 and no hairless history in my family dad or mom. My hair was 10/10 and my dad's hair now mogs me in his 50s. My hair is still really nice but thinner and worse than before.

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodMilitant
Im on it. It's a gamble. I'm going to stop eventually once I get my hands on clascosterone cream which is a new anti acne drug that works by stopping sebum production. It's the first topical product that directly inhibits sebum unlike differin Retin-A etc.

• +1
Im on it. It's a gamble. I'm going to stop eventually once I get my hands on clascosterone cream which is a new anti acne drug that works by stopping sebum production. It's the first topical product that directly inhibits sebum unlike differin Retin-A etc.
What about addressing things like back acne and Fordyce Spots? I feel like accutane mogs in that sense, where it just clears your whole body and you can just eat what you want without getting acne

if I took 10mg surely hair loss would be rare?

It would be rare but it's still a possibility. You are right in the fact that it does clear everything as well as face. Even at times where I could almost have clear skin on my face I had serious acne on my back. Accutane clears all.

However, hair loss could still be a possibility.

I'd research as much as possible.

Go on Google and type in "low dose accutane forums" and read people's experiences.

Acne.org forum has a bunch of good ones.

Best of luck bro.

• +1
It would be rare but it's still a possibility. You are right in the fact that it does clear everything as well as face. Even at times where I could almost have clear skin on my face I had serious acne on my back. Accutane clears all.

However, hair loss could still be a possibility.

I'd research as much as possible.

Go on Google and type in "low dose accutane forums" and read people's experiences.

Acne.org forum has a bunch of good ones.

Best of luck bro.
Thank you bro. That thread you made really got me interested in it. The piece of mind of being able to eat anything I want + have clear skin/body would be life changing. I’ve been using retin A for a good while now and seen results from it but as you mentioned, I still feel oily at times and the results are inconsistent with irritation and bad eating causing break outs.

I could always try 10mg accutane and if I experience hair loss a few months in (even tho I’m on minoxidil and finasteride) I’ll just stop.

How old are you bro?

I want to jump on accutane to finally clear my skin and keep it clear, but I already have MPB and I cant afford to have any hair thinning. Thoughts?
Just try it and if u get it then stop , jfl at ur inhib

Just try it and if u get it then stop , jfl at ur inhib
Fuck up, I’m already nw2.5 at 19 with diffuse hair thinning, I can’t afford to lose more hair

Your going to lose it anyways

• JFL
Reactions: thecaste