Making friends is hard for me because I expect people to approach me first

D

Deleted member 2846

Kraken
All the friends I’ve made have either been through sports, people inviting me to hang with them, or getting “adopted” into a friend group

Making friends in college is hard for me bros :feelsbadman:

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444, Deleted member 616, Velvet and 4 others
yea you gotta go out and get it in college

join social clubs or groups frequent the cafe for any events and get involved in your schools community

if you want even join a fraternity

i sometimes use meetme or apps like that to meet people tbh

talk to people who seem chill in class its not high school people will actual be ok with you talking to them lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Same. I also wasted opportunities because I didn't feel cool enough to chill with the people who reached out to me.

Last edited:
All the friends I’ve made have either been through sports, people inviting me to hang with them, or getting “adopted” into a friend group

Making friends in college is hard for me bros :feelsbadman:
Wanna be friends?

I actually always approach. No matter girl or dude. I even talk on subway to random person. I just cant care less about those shit since I almost killed myself

Yeah i almost never initiate conversation

yea you gotta go out and get it in college

join social clubs or groups frequent the cafe for any events and get involved in your schools community

if you want even join a fraternity

i sometimes use meetme or apps like that to meet people tbh
Yeah, I know, I joined a spikeball club and there’s a practice today so I’m going to that. It’s hard because I heard all the people hanging out and chilling in their dorms but Im such an introvert at first it’s hard to get myself out there if there’s not an “excuse” to talk to people (like class, sports, clubs)

I suicide rushed the most popular frat here and I got invited to the “invite only” event but I legit didn’t talk to enough people because I thought I would get in because I knew the recruit president LOL. Plus, frats aren’t really my thing tbh.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2581
i bet 99% of people think this way, just saying

• +1
Reactions: Ghostcel
Yeah, I know, I joined a spikeball club and there’s a practice today so I’m going to that. It’s hard because I heard all the people hanging out and chilling in their dorms but Im such an introvert at first it’s hard to get myself out there if there’s not an “excuse” to talk to people (like class, sports, clubs)

I suicide rushed the most popular frat here and I got invited to the “invite only” event but I legit didn’t talk to enough people because I thought I would get in because I knew the recruit president LOL. Plus, frats aren’t really my thing tbh.
yeah man its rough the first year in it took me three months to build a sizable friend group but it just escalates after that cause people keep introducing me to people

your already taking steps just keep doing it till you find some people you actually like

yeah man its rough the first year in it took me three months to build a sizable friend group but it just escalates after that cause people keep introducing me to people

your already taking steps just keep doing it till you find some people you actually like
Lol thing is I’m a sophomore jfl. I have some acquaintances but not an actual solid friend group ya know

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2581
i never initiate cause i don’t want to be ridiculed, i know my place

Lol thing is I’m a sophomore jfl. I have some acquaintances but not an actual solid friend group ya know
oof yeah you gotta hope on that fast if your a sophomore cause you know how friend groups get built up during the first two years

• +1
Wanna be friends?

giphy.gif

I actually always approach. No matter girl or dude. I even talk on subway to random person. I just cant care less about those shit since I almost killed myself
Near death experiences change a lot of people. Good on you though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Well you might remember from before but I was struggling to make friends in college. Now, I just started talking to people and asking to hang out and I have made around 10 friends that way. But the problem is I'm always the one asking to hang out and they don't ask me out.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2581 and Deleted member 2846
Just ask then If they want to bonemass together

• +1
Well you might remember from before but I was struggling to make friends in college. Now, I just started talking to people and asking to hang out and I have made around 10 friends that way. But the problem is I'm always the one asking to hang out and they don't ask me out.
That’s the thing. People don’t really ask to hang, I always do it. Maybe I’m not close enough with them yet for them to feel comfortable

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2581
But the problem is I'm always the one asking to hang out and they don't ask me out.
Then they are not friends.
The eventual harassment charges will really push you to suicide.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MammothActuary, Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 616
yeah, as well as everybody thinks that everybody knows about the ketchup stain on their pants, or everyone is staring at their acne

they're really not

Op is definitely a bottom. Wear shorter shorts you will make more "friends" soon

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and fukmylyf
Same tbh.
It's not that I expect them to approach tho, it's more that I'm too shy to do it

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3142