Making your shoulders wider is a TOP priority

WrathOfOlives

WrathOfOlives

Iron
Forget what bros say about chest and arms, training your shoulders (side delts) is the main thing to having a good looking body.

Here's a photoshop to make my shoulders more narrow:

As you can see, in the second pic I look a lot more frail, less imposing and I even give the impression of being shorter. It also makes my head look more like a bobble head and less proportioned to my body.

For this reason you want to essentially prioritize side delts, not chest and arms.

This is a sidedelt maxxed physique:

This is a chest maxxed physique:

Even if you have narrow shoulders, you should still be working on side delts to give you the illusion of wider clavicles.

I made a vid about expanding my thoughts on this:

• +1
Reactions: jinnu, Pride, shieldzz and 3 others
typical graycel water moment

Water + genetics will dictate where you disproportionally gain muscle tissue. Simply throwing more volume at a muscle will taper off in ROI once you hit max recoverable weekly volume for that muscle group. Besides, the delt itself and the side delt specifically is a very small muscle comparatively.

Realistically anyone with a decent program will already be doing side laterals and will get front delt activation indirectly literally just by pressing (incline bp, regular bp) thereby getting 80-90% of potential gain for that muscle group.

You should watch Reinaissance Periodization on YT.

Your neck post was good tho.

TLDR: you cannot side-delt "MAXX" fraud a wide frame. You either have a wide frame e.g. length of clavicles + bidelt, or you don't.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: framemoggerr and RealNinja
TLDR: you cannot side-delt "MAXX" fraud a wide frame. You either have a wide frame e.g. length of clavicles + bidelt, or you don't.
Agreed. Side delts aren’t going to grow so much that a framelet gets broad shoulders. Even if you’re on roids it’s still a small muscle.
Realistically anyone with a decent program will already be doing side laterals and will get front delt activation indirectly literally just by pressing (incline bp, regular bp) thereby getting 80-90% of potential gain for that muscle group.
Rear delts are important for aesthetics as well. They make your shoulders look way rounder and fuller from the side. Most people have underdeveloped rear delts, so their shoulders just taper off and look flat at the back. Spam reverse pec deck, your rear delts aren’t going to get big enough from rows

• +1
Reactions: blknswag
water

but repping for effort because of that amazing high quality video 😍

• +1
Reactions: Kofri727
Nice thread

lats are importat too