MARPE or jaw surgery

I

Iden

Bronze
I have a unilateral crossbite with a functional shift, a recessed maxilla, left and right antegonial notches and once the mandible hits the notch, it has the most horrendous drop and cucking my chin it's awful. My maxilla is narrow and has crowding and the right lateral incisor on the maxilla is crooked. From the left side of my lateral incisor to the right is crooked. I have upper airway resistance, which inclined me to mouth breath as a child, causing all of these issues. Should I go to a expert MSE provider like Ilya Lipkin or Ting, and get MSE to fix my airways and possibly end up an ogre, or go do bimax or whatever surgery can fix the downward growth my anterior jaw has. My primary objective is to get forward growth of the maxilla and to fix the gonial angle of my mandible

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
I'm in the same exact situation as you with the crossbite and awful bite that cucks my chin even though it's quite large. But I never mouthbreathed and I have a good gonial angle. Bumping your thread for good measure.

How old are you? I got surgically assisted MSE rn, then I plan to do djs after 2 years. Hey, you will most likely need to undergo an orthodontic treatment before djs. Otherwise your bite is not going to be proper and it will cause you terrible joint problems. I myself had a crossbite and my maxilla was 10mm narrower than my mandible, rn I'm undergoing MSE, then braces for 1 or 2 years and finally djs to seal the deal. Do you own research on this I might be mistaken, but it is usually how it goes.

How old are you? I got surgically assisted MSE rn, then I plan to do djs after 2 years. Hey, you will most likely need to undergo an orthodontic treatment before djs. Otherwise your bite is not going to be proper and it will cause you terrible joint problems. I myself had a crossbite and my maxilla was 10mm narrower than my mandible, rn I'm undergoing MSE, then braces for 1 or 2 years and finally djs to seal the deal. Do you own research on this I might be mistaken, but it is usually how it goes.
Right now im 17, i got a sticky life situation, and I'll be able to start MSE around 19/20 after wageslaving around to get the best provider, don't want to fuck my face up. Let me know how it goes for you, pm'ing me would be best. I'm very invested to see how it goes down.

• +1
I'm in the same exact situation as you with the crossbite and awful bite that cucks my chin even though it's quite large. But I never mouthbreathed and I have a good gonial angle. Bumping your thread for good measure.
It's bad bc I don't have any ridiculously bad failos that are unfixable, like height, or a frame issue. It's just my maxilla and my downgrown mandible. Maybe when you were younger you did, depending on where you lived. New England was a nightmare for stuffy noses, allergies and other things + modern society not giving your face the stimulus it needs. I was also a picky eater, which fucked me. I was really good looking as a child, however much that can mean.

• +1

What is going on with your nose/alar base and paranasal area? As well as your cheekbones? I'm worried about the widening of the nose and the possible asymmetries.

What is going on with your nose/alar base and paranasal area? As well as your cheekbones? I'm worried about the widening of the nose and the possible asymmetries.
cheekbones have improved slightly, I always used to look like a beaver and now that the cheekbones have widened a little, the fat seems to have spread out and my face looks way leaner even though I gained a little weight. I have only expanded by 4mm so far so cannot say what the final outcome will be, so far I look better than I used to so I'm very happy. My eyes still look tired but it is not as bad as it used to be. Regarding my nose. My nose was always very slim and very tiny compared to the rest of my face. I might be imagining but I think it got slightly wider, but I wanted to it to get wider so It's not a problem for me. MSE is kind of hit or miss. I do not notice much facial asymmetry tbh and I don't care if it causes asymmetry because I plan to get djs after anyways. The thing to watch out for is downwards movement of the maxilla. When you get MSE, try to mew, or else the suture is loose and it will swing down. You can however, use this to your advantage, if you MEW the maxilla will go also move forwards and not only downwards. This might give you more cheekbone prominence and reduce scleral show (but it will not be significant if you're an adult) Nothing is 100% guaranteed with MSE really. This method is fairly new and the best thing you can do to achieve ANY results is to go to an experienced provider.

A little update here, I started turning the device again, for some reason my zygos widened drastically, I do not know why this happened at this time particularly but my face looks way better/leaner even though I weigh more now. My eye area was so bad that whenever I would touch my cheekbone area there would just be meat and it was a little painful to touch because there was literally 0 bone there. Now it has gotten wayy better, I very happy with the results so far, it expanded symmetrically and without any major issues. But keep in mind that my upper jaw was 10mm or 1 whole centimeter narrower than my lower jaw so I looked like an anomaly almost. For the record, my implant is fully bone borne. It literally does not touch teeth so it is considered to be a BAME (bone anchored maxillary expander). I would say I went from a 5.8/10 to a 7.5/10 in terms of facial attractiveness. I don't know much about MSE myself but I think BAME is best for skeletal changes. I think my variant is the best because I got a surgical split which ensured symmetrical split of the suture and then they installed BAME which maximized skeletal changes. So if anybody has the same problem as me I would recommend to go the same route.

A little update here, I started turning the device again, for some reason my zygos widened drastically, I do not know why this happened at this time particularly but my face looks way better/leaner even though I weigh more now. My eye area was so bad that whenever I would touch my cheekbone area there would just be meat and it was a little painful to touch because there was literally 0 bone there. Now it has gotten wayy better, I very happy with the results so far, it expanded symmetrically and without any major issues. But keep in mind that my upper jaw was 10mm or 1 whole centimeter narrower than my lower jaw so I looked like an anomaly almost. For the record, my implant is fully bone borne. It literally does not touch teeth so it is considered to be a BAME (bone anchored maxillary expander). I would say I went from a 5.8/10 to a 7.5/10 in terms of facial attractiveness. I don't know much about MSE myself but I think BAME is best for skeletal changes. I think my variant is the best because I got a surgical split which ensured symmetrical split of the suture and then they installed BAME which maximized skeletal changes. So if anybody has the same problem as me I would recommend to go the same route.
thanks for the update, can you DM me photos of the before and after, if a BAME gave you that much improvement it might for me 2