Masking and Autism

D

Deleted member 32410

I have always masked to survive. I think since I was a kid I was brutally bullied so at like 10ish years old I started masking.

I think I’m decently good at it since it’s become autopilot but it’s numbing since I’m never my real self

It’s so extreme now that I even mask to myself. Like I’ll do autistic things like randomly say weird shit when I’m alone or just small stuff like this and it’s this weird moment where

I just snap out of the masking and it’s like wtf who am i

At this point even when I’m going to get diagnosed for ADHD/OCD I never try to get diagnosed officially for autism because I’m too scared to hear that I am

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: Xangsane
I have always masked to survive. I think since I was a kid I was brutally bullied so at like 10ish years old I started masking.

I think I’m decently good at it since it’s become autopilot but it’s numbing since I’m never my real self

It’s so extreme now that I even mask to myself. Like I’ll do autistic things like randomly say weird shit when I’m alone or just small stuff like this and it’s this weird moment where

At this point even when I’m going to get diagnosed for ADHD/OCD I never try to get diagnosed officially for autism because I’m too scared to hear that I am

“No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.”​

― Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

• +1
Reactions: sozz and Deleted member 32410
unlucky spawn gg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32410

“No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.”​

― Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
Real.

I always feel this urge to just LDAR even when I am successful in NTworld because it’s like okay can I have a break now? Haha

At what point does your mask become the real you and your autistic “real” self is the mask? From a psychoanalytical perspective, you did what you had to do to survive by masking and hiding your autism, which is honestly not something someone pretty autistic would do.

just for food for thought OP.

• +1
Reactions: sozz and Deleted member 32410
  • +1
At what point does your mask become the real you and your autistic “real” self is the mask? From a psychoanalytical perspective, you did what you had to do to survive by masking and hiding your autism, which is honestly not something someone pretty autistic would do.

just for food for thought OP.
It’s not debilitating autism for sure.

that’s actually pretty insightful. Yeah maybe I shouldn’t trip myself out over this whole false identity and double life thing. It can’t be that disparate–that is, the autistic secretive me and the external fake me.

being mental can be an ultimate if channel correct spells look at ye
It is it made me naturally looksmax oriented.

10 yrs old: Try to act human, understand human behavior

This leads to

13: alr “blackpilled” aka truth pilled and know looksmaxxing the only way (I have decent upper mid base)

I’m now 20. I think this is the pipeline for many users here

It’s not debilitating autism for sure.

that’s actually pretty insightful. Yeah maybe I shouldn’t trip myself out over this whole false identity and double life thing. It can’t be that disparate–that is, the autistic secretive me and the external fake me.
Good answer. Truth is everyone is fucking autistic behind closed doors JFL. Just be glad that you aren’t so retarded to lack self awareness.

how can you not be in this crazy world we live in right now.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 42240 and Deleted member 32410
It is it made me naturally looksmax oriented.

10 yrs old: Try to act human, understand human behavior

This leads to

13: alr “blackpilled” aka truth pilled and know looksmaxxing the only way (I have decent upper mid base)

I’m now 20. I think this is the pipeline for many users here
i'm 21 and was the average looksminned nerd until 20 my spawn was lucky but i also put some effort and i can guarantee the core of this forum is the truth

• +1
nah it'd be liberating

all that weird shit finally explained, finally a socially acceptable excuse nigga

someone says you're weird, normies laugh at you
you reply with "I have autism"
suddenly the npcs are at your side and the other dude gets attacked for being an inconsiderate ableist pos or whatever

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL

Life is so luck based it's insane, you can be the child of two famous, attractive actors in a first world country or you can be born in the slums of Mumbai as a sub-5 5'3 autist. Fucking brutal