Masseter Asymmetry

Perfectumbrain

Perfectumbrain

Banned
Does chewing gum turn it off? The masseter on the left side of my face is 2 times more developed than the right side and this is asymmetrical. Can I make it symmetrical with gum? (High IQ)

Just chew on right side then :feelsuhh:

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and Perfectumbrain
were you dropped as a baby or something...?

• +1
Reactions: Perfectumbrain
were you dropped as a kid or something...?
yes i fell on the pavement, right side of my face and i've never chewed with my left side in my life

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: oldcelloser, BearBoy, Deleted member 12669 and 2 others
I have the same thing. I grew up in some shithole Slavic village where people were still eating the same food devoid of any nutrition that they ate during communism. Just soft dumplings, soup, and bread. Probably explains why my jaw is narrow as fuck and terrible facial development.

The perfect brain at it again

• JFL
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, StrangerDanger, BearBoy and 1 other person
I have the same thing. I grew up in some shithole Slavic village where people were still eating the same food devoid of any nutrition that they ate during communism. Just soft dumplings, soup, and bread. Probably explains why my jaw is narrow as fuck and terrible facial development.
What's the likelihood of your body being unable to develop your jaw a couple of milimeters in width when that shitty diet was good enough to nourish your growth to 6'7 of stature? The jaw bone itself doesn't require mechanical stimulation to grow, the alveolar bone does, however, which is why soft food gives people a fucked, crowded palate. I also grew up on shit soft food and my bigonial (and all other lower third measurements) is 99th percentile, but my teeth are crowded

when you realize Meeks grew up in a shithole crackwhore slum to a heroin addicted mom that likely drank alcohol while pregnant and didn't meet her folate/zinc/magnesium/omega 3 blah blah blah intake, you stop believing in bullshit like this especially when its unnecessarily mentally crippling and makes you feel regretful over something you had no control over

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, Perfectumbrain, SOS-Sonic and 2 others
What's the likelihood of your body being unable to develop your jaw a couple of milimeters in width when that shitty diet was good enough to nourish your growth to 6'7 of stature? The jaw bone itself doesn't require mechanical stimulation to grow, the alveolar bone does, however, which is why soft food gives people a fucked, crowded palate. I also grew up on shit soft food and my bigonial (and all other lower third measurements) is 99th percentile, but my teeth are crowded

when you realize Meeks grew up in a shithole crackwhore slum to a heroin addicted mom that likely drank alcohol while pregnant and didn't meet her folate/zinc/magnesium/omega 3 blah blah blah intake, you stop believing in bullshit like this especially when its unnecessarily mentally crippling and makes you feel regretful over something you had no control over
Yeah, I also think environmental factors are pretty much bullshit when it comes to face, height, frame, etc but it's worth some speculation tbh. I have an asymmetric jaw and also only chewed on one side of my face during most of my upbringing.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
Yeah, I also think environmental factors are pretty much bullshit when it comes to face, height, frame, etc but it's worth some speculation tbh. I have an asymmetric jaw and also only chewed on one side of my face during most of my upbringing.
I also chewed only on my left side throughout childhood and most of my adolescence due to having cavities on my right jaw but being terrified of the dentist. Ironically, the side i didn't chew on has a smaller antegonial notch, better ramus definition, more robust mid-mandible, but slightly smaller masseter. It probably does cause asymmetry in the palate though, the side i didn't chew on is slightly more crooked

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Perfectumbrain, ManzareK and Deleted member 7725
I also chewed only on my left side throughout childhood and most of my adolescence due to having cavities on my right jaw but being terrified of the dentist. Ironically, the side i didn't chew on has a smaller antegonial notch, better ramus definition, more robust mid-mandible, but slightly smaller masseter. It probably does cause asymmetry in the palate though, the side i didn't chew on is slightly more crooked
Yeah, strange. It's worth researching if faces depend on development at an earlier age than height. I moved out of that shithole right before puberty so I was eating McDonald's, burgers, and other caloric dense foods during puberty so could've contributed to my height. My face was already fucked when I was like 10 years old when I moved to US, orthodontist already told me I would need teeth pulled out and years of braces since my teeth were completely crowded and crooked.