Math Quiz #2 (If You Win, You'll Get A Prize) [Test Demo] [5/4/23]

D

Deleted member 25938

. . .
Since the geography quizzes seem pretty popular, I'm gonna also try out a math quiz and see how well that'll fare too. This quiz is still in "beta mode," so the questions will be fairly easy this quiz. However, the reward will be less than what it might be later on.

There will be 6 questions total.

Section 1 consists of 3 multiple choice questions. 1 mark will be awarded for each question correct. If you get all 3 marks, I will +1 react three posts you have made in the past. Pen and paper are allowed for this section. However, a calculator is not allowed.

Section 2 consists of 3 free response questions. 2 marks will be awarded for each question correct. Partial credits (e.g., 4 marks + 1 mark) will not be awarded unless indicated otherwise with the abbreviation (pc). If you get all 6 marks, I will +1 react six posts you have made in the past. Pen, paper, and a calculator are allowed for this section.

Please don't use the internet to solve these questions. A calculator should serve you well.

The maximum score for this quiz is 9 marks.

Section 1

1)
What is the haversine of π/3 radians?

a) 1/2
b) sqrt(2) / 2
c) 1/4
d) sqrt(3) / 2

2) Assuming n is a subset of all integers, what is the sum of the harmonic series from n = 3 to n = 6 ?

a) 47/60
b) 28/30
c) 57/60
d) 119/120

3) A rabbit is at a position x inside an enclosed tunnel. It moves 2 meters forward, 5 meters back, and 1 meter forward again. What is the magnitude of the rabbit's displacement, in meters?

a) 3
b) 2
c) 8
d) 5

Section 2

4)
For the following sets A = {a, b, e, g, h, j, l, m, q, s, t, x }, B = {b, c, d, e, k, m, n, o, p, s, t, v, z}, and universal set U = all letters of the alphabet, what would be the resulting set of elements from the operation U - (A ∩ B) - B' ?

5) What is the name of the paradox in which a three-dimensional figure can have a finite volume while also having an infinite surface area?

5) Every Friday, Fatima has a set routine for the day. In the morning, she bikes 2.1 km from her home H to her school S. After school ends. she pedals back to H to drop her stuff off and back to S, where there is an intersection with a sharp right turn of 39 degrees. She turns right and bikes for 3.4 km to the local mosque M for afternoon service. After service, she exits M, making another sharp right in the direction to her home. Before she arrives home, however, she takes another sharp right turn, stopping at a supermarket G one third of the way from the mosque to her home to pick up groceries.

A diagram, not to scale, of Fatima's journey looks like this:

PXL 20230505 040501449

Using the given information, calculate x, to three significant figures.

Is this better, or is it still too easy, or is it too hard? @apemaxxed @Psychophilly @Lone Wolf @PointOfNoReturn @thecel @slayer69?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn and thecel
1) What is the haversine of 60 degrees?

a) 1/2
b) sqrt(2) / 2
c) 1/4
d) sqrt(3) / 2
C
2) Assuming n is a subset of all integers, what is the sum of the harmonic series from n = 3 to n = 6 ?

a) 47/60
b) 28/30
c) 57/60
d) 119/120
C
3) A rabbit is at a position x inside an enclosed tunnel. It moves 2 meters forward, 5 meters back, and 1 meter forward again. What is the magnitude of the rabbit's displacement, in meters?

a) 3
b) 2
c) 8
d) 5
B
Section 2

4)
For the following sets A = {a, b, e, g, h, j, l, m, q, s, t, x }, B = {b, c, d, e, k, m, n, o, p, s, t, v, z}, and universal set U = all letters of the alphabet, what would be the resulting set of elements from the operation U - (A ∩ B) - B' ?
c, d, e, k, n, o, p, v, z
Could have easily fucked this up by mistake lmao not realizing a letter.
5) What is the name of the paradox in which a three-dimensional figure can have a finite volume while also having an infinite surface area?
Painters paradox
5) Every Friday, Fatima has a set routine for the day. In the morning, she bikes 2.1 km from her home H to her school S. After school ends. she pedals back to H to drop her stuff off and back to S, where there is an intersection with a sharp right turn of 39 degrees. She turns right and bikes for 3.4 km to the local mosque M for afternoon service. After service, she exits M, making another sharp right in the direction to her home. Before she arrives home, however, she takes another sharp right turn, stopping at a supermarket G one third of the way from the mosque to her home to pick up groceries.

A diagram, not to scale, of Fatima's journey looks like this:

View attachment 2184282

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn and Deleted member 25938
What's the prize

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and PointOfNoReturn
C

C

B

c, d, e, k, n, o, p, v, z
Could have easily fucked this up by mistake lmao not realizing a letter.

Painters paradox

You got 5 marks total (3 from Section 1, 2 from Section 2). You missed Questions 4 and 6 (from what I worked out, at least).

Last edited:
You got 5 marks total (3 from Section 1, 2 from Section 2). You missed Questions 4 and 6 (from what I worked out).
Do you mean 4?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
1) What is the haversine of π/3 radians?
a) 1/2
b) sqrt(2) / 2
c) 1/4
d) sqrt(3) / 2
1/4
a) 47/60
b) 28/30
c) 57/60
d) 119/120
57/60
a) 3
b) 2
c) 8
d) 5

4) For the following sets A = {a, b, e, g, h, j, l, m, q, s, t, x }, B = {b, c, d, e, k, m, n, o, p, s, t, v, z}, and universal set U = all letters of the alphabet, what would be the resulting set of elements from the operation U - (A ∩ B) - B' ?
A intersection B = {b, e, m, s, t}
B' = {a, f, g, h, i, j, l, q, r, u, w, x}
Resultant set = {c, d, k, n, o, p, y, z}
Gabriel's Horn aka G-Horn aka the infinite G aka math that fucks u in the ass
6) Every Friday, Fatima has a set routine for the day. In the morning, she bikes 2.1 km from her home H to her school S. After school ends. she pedals back to H to drop her stuff off and back to S, where there is an intersection with a sharp right turn of 39 degrees. She turns right and bikes for 3.4 km to the local mosque M for afternoon service. After service, she exits M, making another sharp right in the direction to her home. Before she arrives home, however, she takes another sharp right turn, stopping at a supermarket G one third of the way from the mosque to her home to pick up groceries.
0.872km

• +1
  • +1
What's the prize
Section 1 consists of 3 multiple choice questions. 1 mark will be awarded for each question correct. If you get all 3 marks, I will +1 react three posts you have made in the past. Pen and paper are allowed for this section. However, a calculator is not allowed.

Section 2 consists of 3 free response questions. 2 marks will be awarded for each question correct. Partial credits (e.g., 4 marks + 1 mark) will not be awarded unless indicated otherwise with the abbreviation (pc). If you get all 6 marks, I will +1 react six posts you have made in the past. Pen, paper, and a calculator are allowed for this section.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21661
1/4

57/60

A intersection B = {b, e, m, s, t}
B' = {a, f, g, h, i, j, l, q, r, u, w, x}
Resultant set = {c, d, k, n, o, p, y, z}

Gabriel's Horn aka G-Horn aka the infinite G aka math that fucks u in the ass

0.872km
You got 5 marks (3 from Section 1, 2 from Section 2). You also missed Questions 4 and 6.

math that fucks u in the ass
Mirin mathematical sodomy.

Universal Studios more like universal set.
OHHH I just realized my mistake with question 6 too jfl. Forgot to take the root.

• Woah
  • JFL
@apemaxxed @slayer69 are these problems a good difficulty level? Or could they be more varied?

You got 5 marks (3 from Section 1, 2 from Section 2). You also missed Questions 4 and 6.
how?
how is question 4 wrong?
i wrote the sets too and it does check out

and about 6th one
MS = 3.4km
and HM is basically Sin 51 degrees of MS
sin 51 degrees = 0.77
0.77 * 3.4= 2.618 = HM
1/3 of HM = 1/3 * 2.618 = 0.872km (required answer)
where did i go wrong?

@apemaxxed @slayer69 are these problems a good difficulty level? Or could they be more varied?
not difficult just calculative and time consuming

• +1
Fuck I messed up the wording of Question 4. I meant to say (B' ∩ U), making the whole operation U - (A ∩ B) - (B' ∩ U).

It's over.

At least this is a trial quiz.

• JFL
how?
how is question 4 wrong?
i wrote the sets too and it does check out
You typed y instead of v
and about 6th one
MS = 3.4km
and HM is basically Sin 51 degrees of MS
sin 51 degrees = 0.77
0.77 * 3.4= 2.618 = HM
1/3 of HM = 1/3 * 2.618 = 0.872km (required answer)
where did i go wrong?
You need to use law of cos. You assumed it's a right triangle when we don't know

• +1
Nah it's not difficult but you know how it goes with math quizzes. Silly mistakes can easily fuck things up especially when I try to mostly do things in my head like here.
I think questions like the one I posted were good, if you want you can post geography quizzes while I post math ones.

• +1
  • JFL
{ c, d, k, n, o, p, v, z}

My corrected answers. I know they won't count but whatever
Yeah Question 6 is correct now. As for Question 4... well, you know the deal. I believe it's correct as I wrote it though.

• +1
Nah it's not difficult but you know how it goes with math quizzes. Silly mistakes can easily fuck things up especially when I try to mostly do things in my head like here.
I think questions like the one I posted were good, if you want you can post geography quizzes while I post math ones.
Mirin mental math hard.

Yeah, I'm fine doing geography quizzes while you do the math ones tbh. My math knowledge isn't at a worthy enough level yet.

• +1
Mirin mental math hard.

Yeah, I'm fine doing geography quizzes while you do the math ones tbh. My math knowledge isn't at a worthy enough level yet.
Honestly geography quizzes work a lot better. Calculations that require time vs quick trivia.
Jfl at our autism though. Only now have I realized how spergy you need to be to make such quizzes on an incel forum

• JFL