Mature hair line or am I balding

N

NotBlueFox

Iron
Not sure if its just cope but im I have a really big forehead and I (think) I have had this hair line for most of my life and its just been covered because I used to have a comb over but now trying out different hair styles the past two years its become really annoying and it really limits me.

Yes, I do have a bold patch on pic three because of a scar there from when I was little. I got onto minoxidil and microneedling and did that for about three weeks, then stopped because I had to buy new needle things since I lost it. Yeah just curious if I am balding or not. Also, balding doesn't really run in my family at all.
IMG 0303 3
IMG 0305 2
IMG 0304 2

Also, I'm getting a nose job soon. I know you can't really see it in these photos, but there is quite a big bump at the top of my nose from playing rugby, and I also can't breathe that well, so I'm getting it fixed.

Not sure if its just cope but im I have a really big forehead and I (think) I have had this hair line for most of my life and its just been covered because I used to have a comb over but now trying out different hair styles the past two years its become really annoying and it really limits me.

Yes, I do have a bold patch on pic three because of a scar there from when I was little. I got onto minoxidil and microneedling and did that for about three weeks, then stopped because I had to buy new needle things since I lost it. Yeah just curious if I am balding or not. Also, balding doesn't really run in my family at all.
View attachment 3188715View attachment 3188717View attachment 3188716

Also, I'm getting a nose job soon. I know you can't really see it in these photos, but there is quite a big bump at the top of my nose from playing rugby, and I also can't breathe that well, so I'm getting it fixed.
balding

progressing to nw1

• +1
Reactions: NotBlueFox

View attachment 3188715View attachment 3188717View attachment 3188716

IMO it does look like you have some temporal thinning which would indicate norwood 1. This is the most comprehensive video on hair loss I've found

Around the 4 minute mark he talks about at home tests, I would start by comparing the hair follicle thickness of hairs you're shedding and go from there. Topical finasteride and RU 58841 have great results if you're worried about sides. People also supposedly have good results applying GHK-cu topically as well but that will be an expensive option. Some people like @Clavicular recommend preventative fin either way, because DHT will reduce your skin elasticity and isn't necessary past puberty (not sure about the last claim, would love to see some more research about that). Once again if you are worried about sides or don't want to nuke your DHT you can start by going topical and seeing if it works for you.

Forgot to add, being hypo/hyper thyroid can also exacerbate hair loss, I would look into that as well.

Last edited:
IMO it does look like you have some temporal thinning which would indicate norwood 1. This is the most comprehensive video on hair loss I've found

Around the 4 minute mark he talks about at home tests, I would start by comparing the hair follicle thickness of hairs you're shedding and go from there. Topical finasteride and RU 58841 have great results if you're worried about sides. People also supposedly have good results applying GHK-cu topically as well but that will be an expensive option. Some people like @Clavicular recommend preventative fin either way, because DHT will reduce your skin elasticity and isn't necessary past puberty (not sure about the last claim, would love to see some more research about that). Once again if you are worried about sides or don't want to nuke your DHT you can start by going topical and seeing if it works for you.

balding

progressing to nw1
Jesus christ shut the fuck up, OP literally said he’s had this hairline his whole life and doesn’t have a family history of balding. Just cause you have to suffer doesn’t mean he does

Jesus christ shut the fuck up, OP literally said he’s had this hairline his whole life and doesn’t have a family history of balding. Just cause you have to suffer doesn’t mean he does
Not sure why you're sperging at me, he asked for our opinions and I also provided a bunch of information on how he can determine it himself.

Not balding at all, that’s a normal hair line.

na I appreciate it because it is good just to take precaution just in case. It's better to be safe than sorry, especially with hair, as it like hella important, as I'm sure you know

Forgot to add, being hypo/hyper thyroid can also exacerbate hair loss, I would look into that as well.

I have this hair stuff https://www.biovea.com/au/product/detail/219/minoxidil-5-for-men-6-x-60ml-bottles-6-month-supply. Is that something you would recommend for me or not?

Also, just now, running my hands through my hair a few times, I had a few pieces fall out, and they all seem to be about the same thickness but definitely different sizes and colours, but that could be just because my hair reacts to sunlight and what is "being hypo/hyper thyroid can also exacerbate hair loss"