Maxilla

Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

Gwenocracy
The ‘ maxilla ’ is the term used to define the upper jaw, which in fact is made up of the two maxillae, each consisting of a body and four processes . The body is roughly pyramidal in shape

Its interior is hollowed out by the maxillary paranasal air sinus , alternatively termed the maxillary antrum . The upper (orbital) surface of the body occupies the floor of the orbit; the posterior surface provides the anterior wall of the infratemporal fossa, the medial surface is a major structural component in the wall of the nasal cavity and the anterior surface forms the curved external surface of the upper jaw .

Above the incisor teeth the anterior surface has a shallow depression termed the incisive fossa . Lateral to this is a ridge termed the canine eminence , formed by the root of the canine tooth, which separates the incisive fossa from the further lateral and deeper canine fossa . Above the canine fossa is the infraorbital foramen . The anterior surface ends medially at the pear - shaped piriform (anterior nasal) aperture, inferior to which the maxillae form a median projection, the anterior nasal spine .

The four maxillary processes are:

• The zygomatic process : This projects laterally from the
body, forming the anterior part of the zygomatic arch.

• The frontal process : This projects upwards to articulate with
the frontal bone, and forms the lateral wall of the nose, articulating medially with the nasal bone .

• The palatine process : Th s projects medially to articulate
with that of the opposite side, together forming the anterior
three - quarters of the bony palate ; the posterior one - quarter
is formed by the horizontal plates of the palatine bones. The
bony palate provides the roof of the oral cavity and the floor
of the nasal cavity. The right and left sides of the bony palate
are separated by the median suture .
The posterior border of the bony palate has a median projection, termed the posterior nasal spine .

The bony palate, together with its covering
mucous membrane, is termed the hard palate .

The hard palate is arched more by the downward projecting alveolar
processes of the maxillae than by any upward concavity of
the palatine processes.

• The alveolar process : This projects downwards, forming the alveoli (sockets) for the roots of the maxillary teeth. The
alveolar process ends posteriorly at the maxillary tuberosity , a prominent rounded eminence located behind the last
molar tooth.

• +1
Reactions: Manana, Deleted member 32804, becomingnearperfect and 4 others
just use pics next time nigga

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: shahid khan, ymb, ItsOver999 and 5 others
[W]hy should the Palatine Boors be suffered to swarm into our Settlements and, by herding together, establish their Language and Manners, to the Exclusion of ours? Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs any more than they can acquire our Complexion?
Which leads me to add one Remark, that the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny; Asia chiefly tawny; America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians, and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who, with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we, in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? Why increase the Sons of Africa, by planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32804 and Tabula Rasa
Yes
I have recessed upper Maxilla (udereyes) but forward lower Maxilla (lips/nose area)

• +1
Reactions: Willmogulater, Deleted member 32804, BongMog and 2 others
Very nice thread! and helpful for the newcels.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32804, becomingnearperfect and Tabula Rasa
Yes
I have recessed upper Maxilla (udereyes) but forward lower Maxilla (lips/nose area)
I think I have the same issue as you. at least from what I have noticed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32804
Water for any established members
And you shouldn't be helping clueless newcels

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32804 and Tabula Rasa
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32804, becomingnearperfect and Rimaxtis
Fuck off chat gpt

• Hmm...
Reactions: Tabula Rasa
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 32804, becomingnearperfect, Rimaxtis and 1 other person
Screenshot 2023 08 03 20 29 41 557 edit comandroidchrome

• JFL
Reactions: Tabula Rasa, Rimaxtis and becomingnearperfect
I have a very good jaw for my age so why i have recessed upper maxilla

• Hmm...
Reactions: Tabula Rasa
Tales from ChatGpt