Maxillary Skeletal Expansion is Cope

I agree people think mse will ascend them but it doesn't work like that. I look at mse as a way to improve slight flaws. Nobody has ever ascended from mse imo

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth, curryslayerordeath, Barbarossa_ and 1 other person
MSE provides a good base to looksmaxxing, especially if you have a low FWHR, not an end all be all. Also taking a quick glance at those results. Most if not all of them didn’t even use MSE, upper jaw widening does not automatically mean Maxillary Skeletal Expansion, MSE's weaker predecessors can also be used (MARPE, SARPE, etc). In this case most of them used a smile distractor JFL

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Alexand, Darkstrand, ascendingautist and 1 other person
I dont think any of those are mse results, mse was supposed to expand your entire midface not just upper jaw itself.

But then again, I never saw a breathtaking mse result either

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and PubertyMaxxer
I dont think any of those are mse results, mse was supposed to expand your entire midface not just upper jaw itself.

But then again, I never saw a breathtaking mse result either
These are used for upper jaw widening not just teeth arch, if they dont work mse doesnt either,

It by itself was never expected to ascend you, its one thing in addition to many other things

• +1
Reactions: Warlow and Darkstrand
Look at those underwhelming results

None of those people had MSE
These are used for upper jaw widening not just teeth arch, if they dont work mse doesnt either,
Absolutely nothing you can currently do surgically can widen the upper structures of the maxilla and by extension the zygos like bone-anchored expansion does.

• +1
Reactions: kota, Deleted member 685, forwardgrowth and 4 others

there are 2 types of procedures to widen the palate, SARPE (Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion) and MARPE (Microimplant Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion)

Every SARPE procedure is just meant to change ur palatal width (so your crowded teeth can fit in or your smile appear wider). They cut your palate at the LEFORT I AREA and then they make a cut at the midpalatal suture plus usually use an hyrax device to widen the palate, if the lefort 1 area is separated from your upper maxilla during the procedure you aren't getting changes in the upper maxilla. All these "smile distractors" procedure are more or less the same, they all need a cut at the lefort 1 area because the device isn't rigid enough.

Then there are MARPE procedures, MSE is simply the most advanced form of MARPE on the market. The screws penetrate deeper into your palate and the expansion is way more parallel at the midpalatal suture (instead of a pacman shape) and vertically aswell (talking about the lefort 1 area), MSE practitioners refer to this as "bicortical engagement". Since there is no lefort 1 cut involved in the process, you also get some midface expansion although much less than on the midpalatal suture.

Every cases on the site you linked were treated with a device that falls in the first category but as @Ataru said, you won't get Freddie Ljungberg's cheekbones with MSE alone but it's still a must for many peoples on this forum.

@PapiMew

• +1
Reactions: kota, Administrator, forwardgrowth and 1 other person
there are 2 types of procedures to widen the palate, SARPE (Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion) and MARPE (Microimplant Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion)

Every SARPE procedure is just meant to change ur palatal width (so your crowded teeth can fit in or your smile appear wider). They cut your palate at the LEFORT I AREA and then they make a cut at the midpalatal suture plus usually use an hyrax device to widen the palate, if the lefort 1 area is separated from your upper maxilla during the procedure you aren't getting changes in the upper maxilla. All these "smile distractors" procedure are more or less the same, they all need a cut at the lefort 1 area because the device isn't rigid enough.

Then there are MARPE procedures, MSE is simply the most advanced form of MARPE on the market. The screws penetrate deeper into your palate and the expansion is way more parallel at the midpalatal suture (instead of a pacman shape) and vertically aswell (talking about the lefort 1 area), MSE practitioners refer to this as "bicortical engagement". Since there is no lefort 1 cut involved in the process, you also get some midface expansion although much less than on the midpalatal suture.

Every cases on the site you linked were treated with a device that falls in the first category but as @Ataru said, you won't get Freddie Ljungberg's cheekbones with MSE alone but it's still a must for many peoples on this forum.

@PapiMew

Havent seen a good result besides jawhacks yet

Havent seen a good result besides jawhacks yet
Im planning on getting it because my upper palate is alot narrower than my lower, to improve nasal breathing, to hopefully make my bizygomatic width even with my bigonial, and most importantly to face pull to fix my class 3 so i can improve my shit forward gorwth and correct my downwords growth

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Well everyone has their own goals and desires. MSE + FacePulling will fulfill mine. It will definitely help most if not all patients that use it and depending on your goals It’s you that want to go further. For me, I just want a wider midface, no dark circles and Sagittal growth. All that can be achieved with MSE+FP for me atleast

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
None of those people had MSE

Absolutely nothing you can currently do surgically can widen the upper structures of the maxilla and by extension the zygos like bone-anchored expansion does.
View attachment 307104
He didn't even realize this. People are so easy on coming to quick conclusions

defrancq performs sarpe, not a single one of those results is mse...
Here is a pic on how defrancq's smile distractor is installed, u can see there would be no improvement in zygos from it as they are separated.
Dr-Joel-Defrancq-1438111937055220400_7765-300x200.jpg

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: kota
Well everyone has their own goals and desires. MSE + FacePulling will fulfill mine. It will definitely help most if not all patients that use it and depending on your goals It’s you that want to go further. For me, I just want a wider midface, no dark circles and Sagittal growth. All that can be achieved with MSE+FP for me atleast
Post pics
Im planning on getting it because my upper palate is alot narrower than my lower, to improve nasal breathing, to hopefully make my bizygomatic width even with my bigonial, and most importantly to face pull to fix my class 3 so i can improve my shit forward gorwth and correct my downwords growth
Post after

• +1
Reactions: GetThatBread