Maxillofacial Surgeon appointment.

Haseeb

Haseeb

Silver
I have an appointment with an entire board of doctors consisting of an orthodontist, a maxillofacial surgeon and a couple more doctors. For context I have an overbite with overjet (brutal). My lower jaw has almost perfectly straight tooth but I have a narrow pallete with slight crowding and stuff.

What should I know before the appointment so I don't get some useless appliance which will transform my face into a fucking balloon. Attached a brootal lateral ceph x ray.
IMG 20240606 214549 883

What I noticed:

Recessed maxilla(I was a total mouth breather) that's all pretty much explains everything else like flat philtrum hooked nose, setback jaw recessive chin and everything.

• +1
Reactions: igniteisbad
Solution
BlackpillRemedy
IMG 4783
IMG 4785
IMG 4784

SNB should be 2 degrees below SNA max, so you have an overbite.

Gonial angle: Normal ((121.8 ± 6.2), high (> 128), and low angle (< (115.6)

The image is a bit rotated/you’re assymetrical so i can’t really measure it got sure, but i made this approximation
IMG 4788

It’s within normal here but i cannot guarantee it to be accurate. If your gonial angle is normal as suggested by my measurement, you might only need monomaxillary surgery, moving exclusively the jaw. If the angle is not normal you’ll need bimax to adjust the occlusal plane.

Case closed :yes:
IMG 4783
IMG 4785
IMG 4784

SNB should be 2 degrees below SNA max, so you have an overbite.

Gonial angle: Normal ((121.8 ± 6.2), high (> 128), and low angle (< (115.6)

The image is a bit rotated/you’re assymetrical so i can’t really measure it got sure, but i made this approximation
IMG 4788

It’s within normal here but i cannot guarantee it to be accurate. If your gonial angle is normal as suggested by my measurement, you might only need monomaxillary surgery, moving exclusively the jaw. If the angle is not normal you’ll need bimax to adjust the occlusal plane.

Case closed :yes:

• +1
Reactions: neverchadlite, Haseeb, jisko32 and 1 other person
Solution