Measurement of Success

PseudoMaxxer

PseudoMaxxer

It’s over.
I was thinking about this earlier in my way to the office, I think I measure my success in the wrong way.

I measure it by saying “muuuh a how much money am I making outside of work? 0? fucking loser just give up” and then I get depressed and feel like there’s no way out.

What I should really do is measure myself on something that I can do rn, for examples, amount of hours worked outside of my job per week.

For example, I use my weekends to totally relax, I go out, I eat good food, watch movies, play video games, even have me a glass of wine here and there on some weekends, so those are off the chart.

But, calculated my daily possible hours of work and they are 3, I got 3 hours of work that I can do If I REALLY squeeze my sleeping time, exercise (which i’m not doing rn, I got fat) and work.

So, from today, i’m going to measure my self and my working quality on 2 things:

1- Hours of work outside of my 9-5
2- Number of times I went to the gym per week

These two measurements will keep me going and give me a realistic number to look at.

I obviously can’t measure the money I make if my business is not even launched, I don’t even have an Idea of how i’m gonna do it, I’ll just measure my efforts instead of results.

That’s in my opinion way healthier than asking myself “what color is your bugatti”.

• +1
Reactions: wsada and yyy
It's possible to work hard and for many hours on paper but in reality you're just spinning your wheels. It's still better than doing nothing of course and you do need to get those hours in, but imo the main measurement should be goal based

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
You shouldn't work outside of work but use the money you make inside of work to invest that way you can make passive income, it may not be immediate since you'd most likely have to raise enough capital to invest or take out a loan.

• +1
It's possible to work hard and for many hours on paper but in reality you're just spinning your wheels. It's still better than doing nothing of course and you do need to get those hours in, but imo the main measurement should be goal based
Yeah but until I know what my goal is, I can’t do that.

For now I have to measure my willingness to sit down to try to find a way out.

You shouldn't work outside of work but use the money you make inside of work to invest that way you can make passive income, it may not be immediate since you'd most likely have to raise enough capital to invest or take out a loan.
That’s good advice but i’m not going to work a 9-5 for 40 years, that’s not it.

I’m focusing on my income rn.

Yeah but until I know what my goal is, I can’t do that.

For now I have to measure my willingness to sit down to try to find a way out.
In that case set the goal to learn a skill of your choosing, figure out the milestones towards its mastery and keep track of your progress. Some skills though, like negotiation, are learnt on the job. But if that's what you choose, I'm sure there are ways to simulate various negotiation situations and practice to get better at them.

When you build up your skillset, you build leverage. Same hours of work will bring more value, thus more money.

• +1
In that case set the goal to learn a skill of your choosing, figure out the milestones towards its mastery and keep track of your progress. Some skills though, like negotiation, are learnt on the job. But if that's what you choose, I'm sure there are ways to simulate various negotiation situations and practice to get better at them.

When you build up your skillset, you build leverage. Same hours of work will bring more value, thus more money.
Got it, i’ll figure out what Im gonna do and then figure out the milestones and break them down to track my progress.

Thank you.

• +1
Reactions: Soter
I was thinking about this earlier in my way to the office, I think I measure my success in the wrong way.

I measure it by saying “muuuh a how much money am I making outside of work? 0? fucking loser just give up” and then I get depressed and feel like there’s no way out.

What I should really do is measure myself on something that I can do rn, for examples, amount of hours worked outside of my job per week.

For example, I use my weekends to totally relax, I go out, I eat good food, watch movies, play video games, even have me a glass of wine here and there on some weekends, so those are off the chart.

But, calculated my daily possible hours of work and they are 3, I got 3 hours of work that I can do If I REALLY squeeze my sleeping time, exercise (which i’m not doing rn, I got fat) and work.

So, from today, i’m going to measure my self and my working quality on 2 things:

1- Hours of work outside of my 9-5
2- Number of times I went to the gym per week

These two measurements will keep me going and give me a realistic number to look at.

I obviously can’t measure the money I make if my business is not even launched, I don’t even have an Idea of how i’m gonna do it, I’ll just measure my efforts instead of results.

That’s in my opinion way healthier than asking myself “what color is your bugatti”.
Just say that you dont have a Bugatti, brokie :lul:

• WTF
Imagine telling that to any person with avg salary.

Thats when we know you are 15

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and Soter
Where is the time you consume in a week to fuck and hang around with women