Meditation is fucking impossible

Akhi

Akhi

cavill enthusiast
So I‘ve been trying to do 10 minutes of meditation daily for two months but I don‘t progress at all

Its literally impossible for my mind to calm down

I cant focus for 1 min and my brain starts going into hyperactive mode again

this is what i have to endure 24/7 all day everyday and theres no way to change myself

im so tired man

fuck this how did i deserve this bullshit

can any hindus help me out?

@DalitBoss @brahminboss @Jason Voorhees @Gengar

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Gengar, |Daddy_Zygos|, deadstock and 2 others
So I‘ve been trying to do 10 minutes of meditation daily for two months but I don‘t progress at all

this is what i have to endure 24/7 all day everyday and theres no way to change myself

im so tired man

Meditation is cope imo

Do journaling for self-reflection + logging and archiving thoughts :Comfy:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Charisma, ey88, autistic_tendencies and 1 other person
Meditation is indian buddhist voodoo shit how does closing your eye listening to “1 hour meditation relaxing for stress and wellbeing” do something

• Ugh..
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
Meditation is cope imo

Do journaling for self-reflection + logging and archiving thoughts :Comfy:
I do that shii too but my main goal is to be more present in daily life

• Woah
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
Listen to binaural beats or bbc asmr

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: MA_ascender, primqwe, N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and 1 other person
Meditation is indian buddhist voodoo shit how does closing your eye listening to “1 hour meditation relaxing for stress and wellbeing” do something
its not

the benefits of meditation are well studied

your comment makes it obvious that you dont really understand what meditation is

• +1
Reactions: twojei, hypernormie and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
I do that shii too but my main goal is to be more present in daily life
Then I can't really help, sorry man. I don't meditate :Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: Akhi
Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

• JFL
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and deadstock
how does closing your eye listening to “1 hour meditation relaxing for stress and wellbeing” do something

This sentence perfectly captures why it doesn't work for you

You are non-sentient, sub80 IQ and unable to think past one dimension :feelskek:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MA_ascender and Akhi
If you can’t sit and focus on your breathe for 10 minutes you unironically might have something wrong with your brain

• +1
Reactions: twojei, autistic_tendencies and Akhi
If you can’t sit and focus on your breathe for 10 minutes you unironically might have something wrong with your brain
i have adhd yes ik it makes it harder but is it supposed to be THAT hard??

This Indian voodoo shit literally prevents dead bodies from decaying for weeks and scientists can’t figure out how

• +1
Breathe through your nose

i have adhd yes ik it makes it harder but is it supposed to be THAT hard??
Idk, I don’t have ADHD you might actually need medication if your brain is working against you that hard

that seems like a legit disability

• +1
It's ok to have thoughts flooding in, just observe them and watch them pass by like cars on a highway (I've never meditated a second in my life)

• JFL
Reactions: Akhi and hypernormie
you just have to realise when you think of other shit and refocus on your breath

i quit doing i though bcs its mostly cope

• +1
what makes you think its cope
it has benefits but i only care about looks and it doesn't do anything for that

fuck is meditating gonna do, seems like some hippy gay shit, just deal with it brah and become careless let nothing bother you

it has benefits but i only care about looks and it doesn't do anything for that
it helps with rizz cuz youre more present and smooth type shii

obviously you wont ascend from enlightening

• +1
Reactions: shia.jihadist
fuck is meditating gonna do, seems like some hippy gay shit, just deal with it brah and become careless let nothing bother you
you cant relate to me, incel

it helps with rizz cuz youre more present and smooth type shii

obviously you wont ascend from enlightening
yeah but idgaf about rizz because im not looksmaxxing for dating

if you are then it helps though
prevents overthinking too

• +1
just think about your next thought and your mind goes blank lmfao

• Woah
If you want some advice from a dindu, go ask your whore of a mother.

• JFL
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and Akhi

im so tired man

Accept that it is literally imposible for your mind yo calm down, and start from there.

Accept you can't focus for more than one minute without your brain going into hyperactive mode again.

Accept this is what you have to endure 24/7 all day everyday and there IS a way to change yourself.

Accept you're tired and feel tired of this bullshit.

Have you accepted all of that? Then let it go, without putting any pressure on yourself, and also let go of the 'Meditation should be this or that', 'Meditation should feel like this or that', 'Meditation HAS to be enjoyable', no, it doesn't have to.

Remember, there is no "self" in charge of the mind and therefore nobody to blame when we fail to force the mind into submission, and that's exactly your problem, you WISH your mind to be a certain way when meditating, you have the EXPECTATION meditation should feel good. Let go of the expectation that tells you that meditation should feel good if you want to feel good.

• Love it
Never began for ADHDcels :lul:

• +1
Accept that it is literally imposible for your mind yo calm down, and start from there.

Accept you can't focus for more than one minute without your brain going into hyperactive mode again.

Accept this is what you have to endure 24/7 all day everyday and there IS a way to change yourself.

Accept you're tired and feel tired of this bullshit.

Have you accepted all of that? Then let it go, without putting any pressure on yourself, and also let go of the 'Meditation should be this or that', 'Meditation should feel like this or that', 'Meditation HAS to be enjoyable', no, it doesn't have to.

Remember, there is no "self" in charge of the mind and therefore nobody to blame when we fail to force the mind into submission, and that's exactly your problem, you WISH your mind to be a certain way when meditating, you have the EXPECTATION meditation should feel good. Let go of the expectation that tells you that meditation should feel good if you want to feel good.
Really helpful advice.

You seem like you've already progressed far, have you?

• +1
Reactions: twojei
Really helpful advice.

I don't know dude, I tend to meditate sometimes, but lately I have been failing to make into a habit. Most of what you read up there was what I learned from reading r/meditation, and the part of the 'self' I read it on 'The Mind Illuminated'.

I really think we need teachers when practicing meditation so that they can helps us to progress faster with implementing certain changes in our thought processes as the ones I taught you above. I recommend you read r/meditation sometimes, there is really good advice there and try reading a book as the one I mentioned above.

Really helpful advice.

And don't forget to have compassion for yourself. What is compassion? Understanding. Understand about what? About the fact that you shouldn't be angry nor blame yourself for the fact that you have ADHD because this is something you were born, but not something you wished to be. So there is not need to be frustrated, being angry might be okay, but you have to move on, because if not, then it just slows down your progress.

@Gengar Isn't Hindu btw

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
Neither am I

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
no meditation for your mandible

if you truly have the right mindset then meditation is easy, also you have to control your breathing. 5 seconds in, 7 seconds hold, 8 seconds out. i once meditated for 2 hours straight just to see how long i could do it and it isnt as hard as you think