Mega dosing collagen peptides works, but it’s expensive

J

Jerryterry129

Zephir
mega dosing as in 100-140g(7scoops)protein of pure collagen a day everyday

Not 40g but 120g+. obviously the more is better

currently there has been no studies done on mega dosing collagen 100g+ everyday

So I decided to do it myself and tried 130g and I imidiantly noticed a difference in my skin and looking younger

the reason mega dosing works is cause of the bioavailability, more of it means more is likely to get to the skin and produce collagen/elastin

It’s expensive as hell though, that’s like 7 scoops collagen a day

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • WTF
Reactions: okwiwhd, coisbhai, barettrealrx and 7 others
how much does this cost you?

i thought collagen supplements were cope

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: barettrealrx and .👽.
Have you researched oral hyularonic acid op?

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: barettrealrx and Deleted member 9670
Works for what?

• WTF
Reactions: barettrealrx
no pics, scientific evidence or proof of anykind
just vibes

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: barettrealrx and Real
It's comparable in cost and protein content to whey.

Should we be having collagen shakes now instead of whey?

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: barettrealrx, niggersodomizer69 and oldcelloser

I do only 1 scoop per day
Mogger move, and thanks
So I decided to do it myself and tried 130g and I imidiantly noticed a difference in my skin and looking younger
great.

How long you do this now???

Did you read up, on common side effects??? anything you can share about that?
the reason mega dosing works is cause of the bioavailability, more of it means more is likely to get to the skin and produce collagen/elastin

yeah. I pay for 500gram around €42
But lukcily, now a budget shop on muh town, is selling it also since last week.
240 gram for only €9. I should just fucking load up only they have in stock.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: barettrealrx, Pumanator and oldcelloser
It's comparable in cost and protein content to whey.

Should we be having collagen shakes now instead of whey?
collagen peptide prtoeine, is for skin.
whey is for "muslce support growth"

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: barettrealrx, oldcelloser and (deleted member)
Have you researched oral hyularonic acid op?
even when that also works well.One need to compund plenty stuff anyway, for ultimate anti-aging looksmaxxing!
That OR... OR.. OR attitude that some dudes have here on this forum when it comes to looksmaxxing, is loser mode imo.

it's ... AND .... AND ..... AND
it's not .... OR .....OR .......OR

• WTF
I read up on dose.
it seems kinda, the MORE the better at this moment. Just need to learn more if tlarger amounts can cause infalmations?

I see studies never went further than15 grams daily

quote:

Hydrolyzed collagen​

Hydrolyzed collagen is one of the most common forms used in supplements, as it’s absorbed more readily than other types. It’s often sold in capsule or powder form, the latter of which you can add to hot and cold beverages, soups, and even baked goods or other foods (3Trusted Source).

A 2019 review of clinical studies found that taking 2.5–15 grams of hydrolyzed collagen peptides each day may be safe and effective (29Trusted Source).

A smaller daily dose of 2.5 grams could benefit joint pain, skin health, and hydration (7Trusted Source, 30Trusted Source, 31Trusted Source).

Increasing this dose to 5 grams per day has shown the potential to improve bone density (18Trusted Source, 32Trusted Source).

Lastly, larger daily doses of 15 grams of these peptides have mostly been used to improve muscle mass and body composition (20Trusted Source, 33Trusted Source).

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh and Real
even when that also works well.One need to compund plenty stuff anyway, for ultimate anti-aging looksmaxxing!
That OR... OR.. OR attitude that some dudes have here on this forum when it comes to looksmaxxing, is loser mode imo.

it's ... AND .... AND ..... AND
it's not .... OR .....OR .......OR
what bro? I never said collagen is bad, or that he needs anything in addition of it, but that he might be interested in hyaluronic acid as well because it is extremely related. Do you even know what it is?

what bro? I never said collagen is bad, or that he needs anything in addition of it, but that he might be interested in hyaluronic acid as well because it is extremely related. Do you even know what it is?
i see. it was not meant for you.
But more in general. That I encounter here alot of guys, not being willing to compound. Whom have an attitude of trying to find just 1 thing that does it all, and excluding all the rest.

I personally do know HA. I "injected" myself a few times with HA, and have it in some skincare product. I not yet added it to supplement list, becuse I have quit alot of suppllements already.

• +1
Reactions: alainchalamet
i see. it was not meant for you.
But more in general. That I encounter here alot of guys, not being willing to compound. Whom have an attitude of trying to find just 1 thing that does it all, and excluding all the rest.

I personally do know HA. I "injected" myself a few times with HA, and have it in some skincare product. I not yet added it to supplement list, becuse I have quit alot of suppllements already.
Yes for sure I agree with you, no point arguing with those. Ok interesting about injecting HA, did you do it in trouble areas or something? Get any results?

I've recently been thinking about taking things orally instead of topically (minoxidil, low dose isotretinoin instead of tretinoin cream etc) and that's why I've been thinking about oral HA seeing as it is in a lot of skincare stuff.

. Ok interesting about injecting HA, did you do it in trouble areas or something? Get any results?
fillers = HA. Fillers is for adding volume in troubled areas basically. It's also good for collagen.
Risk of filler injections is ending up ugly bloathed, so minimum amount imo.
Fillers is imo not a good thing for anti aging mainly. but decenetish ofr some flaws in face managing to be less ugly.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
fillers = HA. Fillers is for adding volume in troubled areas basically. It's also good for collagen.
Risk of filler injections is ending up ugly bloathed, so minimum amount imo.
Fillers is imo not a good thing for anti aging mainly. but decenetish ofr some flaws in face managing to be less ugly.
Ah yeah I know it's used for that, just have heard people injecting it in knee/ shoulders when they have pain so thought it could have been for that, whatever. So what I think I read was some people felt oral HA sort of plumped up their skin a bit and reduced wrinkles, not really sure about it though (haven't looked into it much yet).

Ah yeah I know it's used for that, just have heard people injecting it in knee/ shoulders when they have pain so thought it could have been for that, whatever. So what I think I read was some people felt oral HA sort of plumped up their skin a bit and reduced wrinkles, not really sure about it though (haven't looked into it much yet).
i also heard that, but haven't read up on it yet.
I can imgaine HA supplement, improvig hdration in skin. Since that is what it does

• +1
Reactions: alainchalamet
Fuck that must cost a fortune. I’ve been eyeing with pure collagen peptides but 20 day ration of 15g/day is 25$

• +1
Reactions: Eren, Schizoidcel and oldcelloser
Kinda doubt. Collagen protein is broken down the same way as meat, in to amino acids. If the body has a surplus of collagen aminos, does it produce more collagen with it? That's usually not how the body works, and if you're on a high protein diet you're probably getting an excess of collagen aminos anyway. I think this will probably only help people who aren't getting enough protein

If it works, eating gelatin is the same thing for 1/10th the price. It's just collagen

• +1
Reactions: Gandy, Pumanator and Gonthar
does it really? :Comfy: let me know and tag me dude if it works, i look 40 at 34, ive been told and my lack of looksmaxxing early is costing me a lot :cry:
found the most cost efficient one on amazon

Amazon product ASIN B071ZQW4C4it would come down to 3$/ day if you'd use 100 grams per day
but as someone here said you'd have to replace your whey or whatever with this as it upps your calories pretty good :feelskek:

I do only 1 scoop per day

Mogger move, and thanks

great.

How long you do this now???

Did you read up, on common side effects??? anything you can share about that?

yeah. I pay for 500gram around €42
But lukcily, now a budget shop on muh town, is selling it also since last week.
240 gram for only €9. I should just fucking load up only they have in stock.
it basically is just protein what side effects could the're be? :feelskek:
anyways i need everything that i can throw at my never ending rozacea make no mistake
it should cost about 20$/ 500 grams, look what ive posted above

How do you eat/drink it?

How do you eat/drink it?
I mix it, with tea and coffee.

I am now, 2.5 months in. Doing 20-30 gram of collagen peptides daily.
Results? A little bit softer, etc. skin. I used to be on 10 gram daily before.

I can't fathom, how to get to like 100 gram daily. Pretty brutals on stomach also.

Maybe I could try to add, it to muh cold water intakes?
I should experiment with it, for like 1 month orso. Just for knowing what happens when do it. I think I will try to upp it. to 6 scoops, aka 60 gram daily. Seeing what happens

I mix it, with tea and coffee.

I am now, 2.5 months in. Doing 20-30 gram of collagen peptides daily.
Results? A little bit softer, etc. skin. I used to be on 10 gram daily before.

I can't fathom, how to get to like 100 gram daily. Pretty brutals on stomach also.

Maybe I could try to add, it to muh cold water intakes?
I should experiment with it, for like 1 month orso. Just for knowing what happens when do it. I think I will try to upp it. to 6 scoops, aka 60 gram daily. Seeing what happens
I just mixed 30 grams with a glass of milk and it tastes pretty shitty. It said that I wouldn't taste it on the packaging, etc.
I thought "Let's just mix it with milk. It's the resource that protein is often extracted from." But no, I CAN taste it, which is why I asked.

So you recommend tea?

i just read.

collagen peptide maxxers.
We need to get enough vitamine C also, for it to help it's most best.

"Vitamin C is crucial for collagen synthesis, so you should also be sure to eat foods rich in this vitamin, such as citrus fruits, broccoli, and bell peppers"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12330
I just mixed 30 grams with a glass of milk and it tastes pretty shitty. It said that I wouldn't taste it on the packaging, etc.
yeah. it affects taste.
I use about 10 gr till now per cup of tea, coffee, milk, etc.. And than it's not much noticed with taste, a little bit but not alot.
But when dumping 30gr. insto a glass, I bet is gonna taste like shit
I thought "Let's just mix it with milk. It's the resource that protein is often extracted from." But no, I CAN taste it, which is why I asked.
So you recommend tea?
yeah, but you can mixx it with everything, basically.

I just brothmax :owo:

ANYONE, knows the baseline natural collagen production by body. at age 20?????

I know, how much decline happens with age.
But i dunno the peak baseline natural collagen production at lets say age 18. Like x amount of grams per day.

BECause. If we know that. Than we can also know, how much we need to compensate??

lighter

I also read.different types of collagen.
At least 28 different types of collagen exist, but types I, II and III form the bulk of the collagen in your body (between 80-90%)

i use Bovine mostly.
Bovine (beef) collagen is a type 1 and 3 collagen product sourced from cow hides. It is relatively inexpensive and is typically used to improve gut and joint health. Marine (fish) collagen is made from fish skin and scales and contains primarily type 1 collagen. Marine collagen has high bioavailability

sources: https://vitamindwiki.com/Off+topic:+Skin+aging+reversed+with+by+oral+collagen+–+trials+and+reviews

ANYONE, knows the baseline natural collagen production by body. at age 20?????

I know, how much decline happens with age.
But i dunno the peak baseline natural collagen production at lets say age 18. Like x amount of grams per day.

BECause. If we know that. Than we can also know, how much we need to compensate??

lighter

I also read.different types of collagen.
At least 28 different types of collagen exist, but types I, II and III form the bulk of the collagen in your body (between 80-90%)

i use Bovine mostly.
Bovine (beef) collagen is a type 1 and 3 collagen product sourced from cow hides. It is relatively inexpensive and is typically used to improve gut and joint health. Marine (fish) collagen is made from fish skin and scales and contains primarily type 1 collagen. Marine collagen has high bioavailability

sources: https://vitamindwiki.com/Off+topic:+Skin+aging+reversed+with+by+oral+collagen+–+trials+and+reviews

Did you have any chance to calculate it so far?

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
Immediately meaning how long? One day? A week? How much younger did you look?

• WTF