Melatonin dosage

B

becomingnearperfect

CaharaPilled
I have had the shittiest sleep schedule for the past few years and wanna take melatonin to try and get into the rhythm of sleeping and waking up early. I have two questions regarding melatonin

1) How much melatonin should I take before going to bed

2) How often should I be taking melatonin

read
Read it and it doesn’t answer my questions regarding melatonin

• +1
Reactions: IanIachimoe2491
Melatonin won’t help you sleep because it makes you constantly get out of bed to piss.
What are you talking about ? Melatonin is literally a hormon thats produced when its dark to help you sleep in

• +1
Reactions: IanIachimoe2491 and becomingnearperfect
What are you talking about ? Melatonin is literally a hormon thats produced when its dark to help you sleep in
Mostly a personal anecdote. Used to take melatonin thinking it would help me attain deeper sleep, but ended up making it worse due to having to get up frequently to piss as I felt tingly ( felt like urine was stuck in my penis ).

IMO, if you do not have a medical reason to take melatonin, it should be avoided.

• +1
Reactions: becomingnearperfect
Mostly a personal anecdote. Used to take melatonin thinking it would help me attain deeper sleep, but ended up making it worse due to having to get up frequently to piss as I felt tingly ( felt like urine was stuck in my penis ).

IMO, if you do not have a medical reason to take melatonin, it should be avoided.
first time of hearing such a side effect

Should I be taking this everyday or only when I need it?
If you can normally sleep a normal 7~9 hours, just sleep naturally without it. If you want a quick way to fix sleep schedule, just do an all-nighter for a day.

• Hmm...
If you can normally sleep a normal 7~9 hours, just sleep naturally without it. If you want a quick way to fix sleep schedule, just do an all-nighter for a day.
ive tried all nighters and they honestly dont do shit and i just feel horrible during school. I think i might just use melatonin for like 5 days max to fix my sleep schedule and then use it sparingly only if i really need it

Its dangerous, upto to you if you gonna ignore me warning and do it
I asked why and u didnt say anything. Every source that ive looked at says its alright but you just shouldnt exceed 10 mg so im curious to see why you say so

I asked why and u didnt say anything. Every source that ive looked at says its alright but you just shouldnt exceed 10 mg so im curious to see why you say so
Melatonin is a hormone and you shouldn’t mess with your hormones unless you really have especially if you are young. Trying melatonin for a short period shouldn’t have any issues, but honestly it isn’t even that useful & you are better off fixing your bed time with natural methods.

• +1
Melatonin is a hormone and you shouldn’t mess with your hormones unless you really have especially if you are young. Trying melatonin for a short period shouldn’t have any issues, but honestly it isn’t even that useful & you are better off fixing your bed time with natural methods.
*have to

I mean I already have it so I might as well try it for a short period but I see your point. However I will say that I’ve literally tried like every natural method and shit doesn’t work

I mean I already have it so I might as well try it for a short period but I see your point. However I will say that I’ve literally tried like every natural method and shit doesn’t work
Okay, but don’t expect it to be some miracle pill and fix all your problems.
If you start to depend on unnatural things, it is only going to cause easily-avoided problems in the future.

If I were you, I would just exercise, eat balanced diet, wake up & lay down at same time everyday, stop looking at electronics at nighttime, and maybe get some good curtains.

I hope you get some good sleep soon!😙

• +1