Metabolic Adaptation

Z

zoomerstein

Iron
Is metabolic adaptation to cutting calories a thing? Been fasting on and off for a few weeks now and my weight loss seems to have stalled. Do i just need to get more active/keep pushing or should I eat regularly but low cal to keep my metabolism higher?

Going to keep starving until 10% bf till then

Is metabolic adaptation to cutting calories a thing? Been fasting on and off for a few weeks now and my weight loss seems to have stalled. Do i just need to get more active/keep pushing or should I eat regularly but low cal to keep my metabolism higher?

Going to keep starving until 10% bf till then
Yes, it is a real thing.
It occurs if you do fasting or cutting for long enough (approximately more than 2 to 3 months at minimum).

Yes, it is a real thing.
It occurs if you do fasting or cutting for long enough (approximately more than 2 to 3 months at minimum).
How do I correct it? I feel like my metabolism is already rock bottom. Do i need to do a multi month reverse diet to maintenance?

How do I correct it? I feel like my metabolism is already rock bottom. Do i need to do a multi month reverse diet to maintenance?
Quite the opposite.
Even eating normally for 3 to 5 days will get you back on track. Not completely but it's good enough.
Have you been water fasting?

Quite the opposite.
Even eating normally for 3 to 5 days will get you back on track. Not completely but it's good enough.
Have you been water fasting?
Yeah, did 8.5 days two weeks ago and now im spacing in like 2 48 hour fasts a week. Lifting/NEAT have gone down the drain though.