Metformin for slowing aging?

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
If you want to reduce aging, lower your IGF-1, increase your DNA methylation but not by too much, make sure your estrogen levels are decently high throughout your whole life (not super high but good ranges and make sure your T isn't too high (your T levels shouldn't be high enough that you can see significant muscle growth from solely it alone).

Metformin is pretty good for anti-aging since it reduces blood sugar and IGF-1, but there are better ways to do so in a more controlled environment. As metformin can overly reduce your blood sugar levels and IGF-1 levels, making your quality of life worse, which will ultimately make you wanna KYS.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, autistic_tendencies and Deleted member 1901
Estrogen is needed for my physiological processes in your life.

The decline of estrogen in life is literally associated with everything bad. When women have menopause (estrogen gets low, T gets high), they develop more bone issues, their skin quality gets worse, they aren't as smart as they once were, they are constantly tired, they smell like a balrog.

When we get old, are E2 levels get super low, causing us to live shitty.

• Hmm...
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 1901
Hormones is everything, and once they start going too high or too low, life becomes significantly worse

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
If you want to reduce aging, lower your IGF-1, increase your DNA methylation but not by too much, make sure your estrogen levels are decently high throughout your whole life (not super high but good ranges and make sure your T isn't too high (your T levels shouldn't be high enough that you can see significant muscle growth from solely it alone).

Metformin is pretty good for anti-aging since it reduces blood sugar and IGF-1, but there are better ways to do so in a more controlled environment. As metformin can overly reduce your blood sugar levels and IGF-1 levels, making your quality of life worse, which will ultimately make you wanna KYS.
Veganism mogs for anti aging since it kills igf1

• Hmm...
The decline of estrogen in life is literally associated with everything bad. When women
Women

When we get old, are E2 levels get super low, causing us to live shitty.
When we get old, we are old. That’s why live shitty.

Show me a study where increasing estrogen in a male increases lifespan or reduces mortality rate

This is the lowest iq post i read today , in short you re telling men to castrate themselves . Lowering igf1 has negligible effects , and estrogen is carcinogenic, also it s proved men with low T have a higher mortality rate .

You need a balanced hormonal profile and there are better methods to live longer, such as increasing CO2 tolerance, swimmers libe 10 years more on average .

• +1
Reactions: Osie and Deleted member 1901
This is the lowest iq post i read today , in short you re telling men to castrate themselves . Lowering igf1 has negligible effects , and estrogen is carcinogenic, also it s proved men with low T have a higher mortality rate .

You need a balanced hormonal profile and there are better methods to live longer, such as increasing CO2 tolerance, swimmers libe 10 years more on average .
castration increase lifespan when done before puberty but yeah after puberty lower testosterone is associated with increased mortality but could be due to uncontrolled factors

Lowering igf 1 is good but idk how effective

Now estrogen I’d assume would be bad and lower sex hormones in general good

Estrogen, a hormone that's constantly circulating in our body is carcinogenic? While yes, when it's levels are too high, it can cause breast cancer, that's most common in women, not men, and men is the group I'm referring to.

Lowering IGF-1 levels does not have negligible effects in the long term obviously, Fewer growth factors for cancers and diseases = less chance of disease in most normal cases I feel like (could be wrong). And when did I say to have low T? I said your T levels shouldn't be high enough to the point where it alone can cause muscle growth as we see in men using TRT.

Funnily, I think we have the same opinion but I communicated it poorly, A balanced hormonal profile is key, however, there is certain areas you want above average but still healthy and below average but still healthy.

• +1
Estrogen can be more safely on the higher end for men than for women since we need less estrogen in general than girls. I'm only mentioning having above-average E2 (not to a cancer-causing extent in men obviously) because of the fact that's very important to bone health and mental quality (two things that sharply decline as we age)

Estrogen can be more safely on the higher end for men than for women since we need less estrogen in general than girls. I'm only mentioning having above-average E2 (not to a cancer-causing extent in men obviously) because of the fact that's very important to bone health and mental quality (two things that sharply decline as we age)
im not taking estrogen, jfl at being a tranny to (probably not) live longer

i help my bones with exercise and my brain by slowing aging through multiple lifestyle habits

• +1
Reactions: Osie
castration increase lifespan when done before puberty but yeah after puberty lower testosterone is associated with increased mortality but could be due to uncontrolled factors

Lowering igf 1 is good but idk how effective

it says the average death age of an eunuch is 70yrs , but you cant really draw any conclusion on 1 review alone
Estrogen, a hormone that's constantly circulating in our body is carcinogenic? While yes, when it's levels are too high, it can cause breast cancer, that's most common in women, not men, and men is the group I'm referring to.
Yes it is , in men as well, it s a toxic hormone that causes many problems and should be kept low .
“It is known that before menopause, African-American women have a higher breast cancer risk than whites, as well as higher estrogen levels,” Setiawan says. “It would be interesting to find out why their elevated rates do not persist after menopause, despite having comparatively higher estrogen levels.”

DO you also notice how women dont age like fine wine?

I suggest you learn more esoteric knowledge here https://raypeat.com/articles/aging/aging-estrogen-progesterone.shtml
Lowering IGF-1 levels does not have negligible effects in the long term obviously,
It s again about having that optimal range

I tried using Metformin for a while all it ended up doing was give me brutal stomach pains and stuff like that so I just stopped taking it altogether, plus I was worried about the flat muscles part due to carb shuttling and maybe the potential lowered T.
However it does seem to be good for anti aging.

This guy uses it as well.

Nigga what, your T levels should be high enough to enable you to build muscle and due to that reason your estrogen levels should be high, your estrogen shouldn't be high via some backdoor where you're low t or just average t with high e2 that's much worse for aging since fat distribution is largely dictated by t levels and muscle mass as well. Both of them are important for aging properly.

• +1
I tried using Metformin for a while all it ended up doing was give me brutal stomach pains and stuff like that so I just stopped taking it altogether, plus I was worried about the flat muscles part due to carb shuttling and maybe the potential lowered T.
However it does seem to be good for anti aging.

Nigga what, your T levels should be high enough to enable you to build muscle and due to that reason your estrogen levels should be high, your estrogen shouldn't be high via some backdoor where you're low t or just average t with high e2 that's much worse for aging since fat distribution is largely dictated by t levels and muscle mass as well. Both of them are important for aging properly.
high t serves no purpose for longevity only for short term health is my conclusion

• +1
Reactions: CoffeeCel
high t serves no purpose for longevity only for short term health is my conclusion
Yes that's true but average t with high e is much worse, maybe not for anti aging just for the current circumstances compared to say high t and high e. Being over the reference range is ofcourse heavily tolling on aging metrics.

• +1
Damn, I should've never said anything, this is not my area of expertise.

Sorry for the bad explanation of my reasoning, but I was trying to say that your T levels shouldn't be high enough where you are growing muscle from it solely like we see in bodybuilding TRT dosages. It can be moderately high, but we want to avoid the deleterious effects that come with high T.

Having average-to-moderately high T levels and having above-average E levels does not mean you will become fat or have increased fat distribution in my opinion. If that was the case, black people (the group of people who most commonly have that combination) would be much fatter on average I think, as africans carry much higher E levels than any other race but don't have disproportionately high fat distribution.

• +1
Yes that's true but average t with high e is much worse, maybe not for anti aging just for the current circumstances compared to say high t and high e. Being over the reference range is ofcourse heavily tolling on aging metrics.
low t low e low dht is ideal imo

• Love it
Damn, I should've never said anything, this is not my area of expertise.

Sorry for the bad explanation of my reasoning, but I was trying to say that your T levels shouldn't be high enough where you are growing muscle from it solely like we see in bodybuilding TRT dosages. It can be moderately high, but we want to avoid the deleterious effects that come with high T.

Having average-to-moderately high T levels and having above-average E levels does not mean you will become fat or have increased fat distribution in my opinion. If that was the case, black people (the group of people who most commonly have that combination) would be much fatter on average I think, as africans carry much higher E levels than any other race but don't have disproportionately high fat distribution.
Oh then I agree with you that's my point as well, ofcourse testosterone even in some amount is anabolic and that's important, as long as you have good t levels endogenously produced, it's fine.

And my point regarding the e levels was, having above average t and e both is really good, compared to just average t and high e since the ratio of t to e is more important for overall mental and physical health more so than anti aging than just the numbers themselves.

• +1
Reactions: Osie
bryan johnson takes estradiol, the "non-feminizing" estrogen

idk what to think of that

bryan johnson takes estradiol, the "non-feminizing" estrogen

idk what to think of that
I think he does it cus there is definitely some evidence that estrogen is good. But I don't get why he'd need to supplement estradiol since he's already decently high t, plus is using stuff like dhea which raise e as well, jfc he's probably tranny maxxing under the rhetoric of anti aging..

• +1
And an important note as well is that I don't really know how much your food affects your hormone levels but people from Japanese and similar regions are known to eat alot of "estrogenic" food items and they tend to age alot more gracefully than other races.

• +1
I think he does it cus there is definitely some evidence that estrogen is good. But I don't get why he'd need to supplement estradiol since he's already decently high t, plus is using stuff like dhea which raise e as well, jfc he's probably tranny maxxing under the rhetoric of anti aging..
yes, he paints his nails too.

i dont agree a lot with his approach to anti age maxxing

i believe he lifts too much weights and should walk more, he should not increase sex hormones, he should do extended fasting, he should eat meat a few times per week, he should cycle some of his supplements

• +1
yes, he paints his nails too.

i dont agree a lot with his approach to anti age maxxing

i believe he lifts too much weights and should walk more, he should not increase sex hormones, he should do extended fasting, he should eat meat a few times per week, he should cycle some of his supplements
He definitely should do that, especially the cycle supplement part, dude takes ashwagandha and other cope shit year round. But regardless his health metrics do seem to be effectively improving so there is definitely progress anyways.

• +1
And an important note as well is that I don't really know how much your food affects your hormone levels but people from Japanese and similar regions are known to eat alot of "estrogenic" food items and they tend to age alot more gracefully than other races.
plant estrogens are usually less potent than estrogen, so it could decrease estrogenic in women because it can act as a competitive inhibitor

i think japanese culture they live longer becasue they have a tradition where they only eat until they are a certain percentage full and eat seafood like fish (omega 3) and shellfish (taurine) and seaweed

• +1
plant estrogens are usually less potent than estrogen, so it could decrease estrogenic in women because it can act as a competitive inhibitor

i think japanese culture they live longer becasue they have a tradition where they only eat until they are a certain percentage full and eat seafood like fish (omega 3) and shellfish (taurine) and seaweed
Theyd just replace the function of normal estrogen if you consume it in excess which is what most Japanese do especially the high isoflavone soy and reservaterol content, but I'm still doubtful on the effect food actually has on hormone levels especially such examples since there seems to be conflicting research.

• +1
what senolytics would/do you use?
Dastnib and Quecertin

You’re not meant to take them everyday. They’re meant to be taken as a detoxing tool in flushes.

• +1
I’m not sure how to get dasatinib
Rapamycin is another one. The best thing to do is to go to indian suppliers. Some of them can be shady tho.

• +1