Metformin yes or no?

6ft8InTheNetherlands

Gold

Looking to start a discussion on metformin for longevity benefits for people without diabetes.

I have been taking it for years. Reconsidering it now due to the recent data that's come out saying exercise plus metformin do not have a synergistic effect, but quite the opposite.

@Alarico8 @Seth Walsh

you'll have pretty bad digestive issues if you take metformin.

I wouldn't condone the usage of it tbh.

I heard it impairs effect of exercise. Basically muscles don't get as inflammed and don't grow as much.

I think it's kind of a meme. You really think Sinclair looks 20-30 years younger? (no cope)

He does not.

He looks like an old dude. Maybe he looks 5-10 years younger his age, but that is common for many people who look after themselves.

If you want to look legit 20-30 years younger there is only one right now:
multiple organ transplants from young, healthy donors

There was this 55 yr old women on a Russian TV show who had had kidney transplants and something else from young male donor and she looked like 35 after the transplants.

Only case I know.

Also, that asian model.

50-year-old-photographer-asian-do-not-age-chuando-tan-10-5975de9eb5676__700.jpg

He is 50 or so and he definitely is doing something he isn't telling the normies. It is not just genetics.

Compare him to Sinclair lol

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 34
  • +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84
I heard it impairs effect of exercise. Basically muscles don't get as inflammed and don't grow as much.

I think it's kind of a meme. You really think Sinclair looks 20-30 years younger? (no cope)

He does not.

He looks like an old dude. Maybe he looks 5-10 years younger his age, but that is common for many people who look after themselves.

There was this 55 yr old women on a Russian TV show who had had kidney transplants and something else from young male donor and she looked like 35 after the transplants.

Only case I know.

Also, that asian model.

He is 50 or so and he definitely is doing something he isn't telling the normies. It is not just genetics.

Sinclair looks mid-late 30’s to me

He does not.

Only case I know.

Also, that asian model.

Sinclair looks very young for 50+ and I'm sure he doesn't even do everything to preserve his skin , no skin routine, spf, laser, barely trains, etc. Also metformin isn't made to keep you looking 25 forever. Need much more than that.

Metformin does seem to block the increase of stamina during cardiovascular exercise and muscle gains though. And can have negative effects on mitochondrial respiration.

if you're in your teen years then no it messes with your thyroid, u need good thyroid for proper igf-1 levels