Methylphenidate side effects?

D

Deleted member 21863

‏‏‎ ‎
I hope it won't cause heart palpitations or anything, I'm taking it with a beta blocker (propranolol) because Im prone to these kind of symptoms

How often do u use it and how do u feel like on it? Is it going to fuck up my sleep quality even if I take it early in the day?

@TsarTsar444 @BrahminBoss @Nad

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
@Alexanderr

Becoming a functioning member of society

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence
@Alexanderr
I only took methylphenidate a few times before switching over to dextroamphetamine. Personally, I didn’t experience heart palpitations, but there are adrenergic effects, of course, like increased heart rate & blood pressure. Methylphenidate from what I recall isn’t nearly as intense as dextroamphetamine so you should be fine. I distinctly recall it blunting my emotions though. Just keep the dosage low and have at least three days of non-use each week.

Is it going to fuck up my sleep quality even if I take it early in the day?
Dextroamphetamine (not methylphenidate but they’re similar) will fuck up my sleep schedule (not quality though) if I take it after 2PM.
You’re pretty much guaranteed to stay up at least 12h after taking it (though oddly enough sometimes it actually makes me a tad sleepy and wanting to take a nap).
You’d have to watch out most for tolerance though, because if you take too much and build up tolerance early, it’s hard to ever get the same feeling again (if not impossible) without increasing the dosage, which leads to a perpetual cycle.

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence
@Alexanderr Meanwhile I barely feel awake with Modafinil+Soriamfetol+Baclofen at night to consolidate sleep.