Mewing maxilla question

Solstice
Does mewing move/rotate the maxilla only forward or both forward and laterally? Edit: before you say cope, I mean in kids and such — like theoretically.

Last edited:
These graycels, dude.

Dude how many times do people have to explain that mewing is cope. It doesn't work. Get surgeries

• +1
Reactions: chadpreetcel123, CursedOne, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
i may be low iq but not so low iq that i thought mewing would give me slayer bones

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Mewing doesn't rotate your maxilla in any way whatsoever

Does it widen the maxilla though
In theory yes, since it expands your palate it also widens your maxilla, cheekbones and orbitals

In theory yes, since it expands your palate it also widens your maxilla, cheekbones and orbitals
It expands your alveolar bone and teeth AT BEST, which is dental changes not skeletal changes and you’re always gonna have a chance of teeth tipping or pushing the molars only instead of the alveolar bone.
Widening the maxilla costs you to split your midpalatal suture. which no amount of mewing will give you.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Julius
It expands your alveolar bone and teeth AT BEST, which is dental changes not skeletal changes and you’re always gonna have a chance of teeth tipping or pushing the molars only instead of the alveolar bone.
Widening the maxilla costs you to split your midpalatal suture. which no amount of mewing will give you.
What about when you are still developing like a kid?

What about when you are still developing like a kid?
When you’re like 8 and below and consistently doing it sure.

Does mewing move/rotate the maxilla only forward or both forward and laterally? Edit: before you say cope, I mean in kids and such — like theoretically.
It’s all cope

These graycels, dude.

Dude how many times do people have to explain that mewing is cope. It doesn't work. Get surgeries
Depends on how old he is, if he is in his mid teens or younger it could still work