Mewing question

Solstice
When I begin mewing I smile wide and swallow and then I hold it there and that is supposed to be the correct mewing position. However, the very back of my tongue blocks my airway. To do this correctly, do I position my tongue slightly away so I can breathe?

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv and Mouthbreath
Obviously you do bc you mew smh
Jfl nigga idk what mewing is
my recessed ass didnt even know i had a tongue until i turned 30

• JFL
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Simply strive to reach up and back with your posterior tongue until you can feel all the muscles behind your jaw contract. This effort is what is going to keep the head upright.

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman trash and 000
I cant breath either if i put the whole of my tongue on the top of my mouth. I keep the tongue as back as i can, while still able to breath though. Every now and then i hold my breath and just push with all the force i have for like 30 seconds.

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv and 000
The truth is, your mandible is too recessed which makes your tongue closer to the back of your nasal pharynx/oral pharynx area. So ideally, you need to move your mandible forward for you to breathe with the back tongue up. No problem

• +1
Reactions: alex569
the position where your airway is blocked is the correct position, you are too recessed. if you become less recessed you will be able to breathe while holding that position.

• +1
The truth is, your mandible is too recessed which makes your tongue closer to the back of your nasal pharynx/oral pharynx area. So ideally, you need to move your mandible forward for you to breathe with the back tongue up. No problem
my mandible isn't recessed my maxilla is

• Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss
  • So Sad
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Will I eventually be able to keep 100% of my tongue up there with still breathing?

ITS FUCKING OVER

MEWING WONT SAVE YOU, GET IMPLANTS OR SURGERY OR FILLERS JFL AT MEWING IDIOT COPERS IT WONT CHANGE SHIT

• +1
ITS FUCKING OVER

MEWING WONT SAVE YOU, GET IMPLANTS OR SURGERY OR FILLERS JFL AT MEWING IDIOT COPERS IT WONT CHANGE SHIT
It’s better to mew than not to mew still

Keep mewing, overtime your airway will increase making mewing easier and easier.

• +1
Reactions: maxmendietta
When I begin mewing I smile wide and swallow and then I hold it there and that is supposed to be the correct mewing position. However, the very back of my tongue blocks my airway. To do this correctly, do I position my tongue slightly away so I can breathe?
that's the right way to mew but it's just not sustainable if you can't breathe. I have the same problem.All you can do is push the backmost part of your tongue, while still allowing yourself to breathe. Hopefully over time, you may be able to push from further back. That's what I'm trying