Mewing (sorry): Face looks normal, until I put my teeth together?

T

theanonymousone

Bronze
Hi, sorry for another mewing thread, but I have an issue; when my jaws/teeth are apart and relaxed, my face looks normal, but if I put my molars completely together like some people say you are supposed to, I have to bring my lower jaw back a bit, which not only feels a little bit unnatural, but it makes my lower jaw look recessed and my face look kind of weird. I heard some people say that not everyone should have their teeth together, maybe I should just leave my jaws relaxed and just focus on the tongue?

My main worry is this; if I keep mewing with my teeth together, will my face somehow grow into that position permanently, where my lower jaw looks recessed? Is it possible that I'm actually recessing something? Is that even possible?

Thanks

• +1
Reactions: cutecel, maxmendietta and Deleted member 1774
Sounds like you have some sort of malocclusion. Do you have an underbite?

• +1
Reactions: Administrator and theanonymousone
Sounds like you have some sort of malocclusion. Do you have an underbite?
The strange thing is that my bite looks perfect when my teeth are together, but if I relax everything it seems like my front top and bottom teeth end up pointing at each other but not touching, with freeway space. And the position that feels the MOST natural for my tongue is actually slightly touching the front incisors.

bump, i have the same problem, answers please

• +1
Reactions: cutecel and theanonymousone

No, mewers have been spreading BS like this for a long time. Having your teeth that close all the time will lead to bruxism and wearing down the teeth which eventually gives you that short lower 3rd appearance old people have.

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone

No, mewers have been spreading BS like this for a long time. Having your teeth that close all the time will lead to bruxism and wearing down the teeth which eventually gives you that short lower 3rd appearance old people have.

Thanks

So the resting position I described with my upper and lower incisors lined up pointing at each other, but separated by freeway space is correct since that's where they end up when I'm relaxed? With my tongue on the palate of course

Thanks

So the resting position I described with my upper and lower incisors lined up pointing at each other, but separated by freeway space is correct since that's where they end up when I'm relaxed? With my tongue on the palate of course

Yes there should be a gap of a few mm, most people would look retarded as fuck if they walked around with back molars touching all the time not to mention the headaches, TMJ/TMD and grinding. Interestingly I remember a case on the great works forum or lookism about this topic that showed an example of a woman who's maxilla had shortened and CCW rotated due to bruxism at night time, it should be noted however that it wasn't a good look as the rest of her face didn't catch up.

Here are posts from traditional orthodontists and dentists regarding teeth positioning at rest (I know mewers don't trust these people but the literature supports them)

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
it means you have maloclusion and your face got fucked up from you mouth breathing, having mouth open all the time, tongue posture, posture. hard mew and posture up, nigga

Thanks for all the replies, sorry to bump this, but speaking of bruxism and stuff, it's ok if my masseters flex at the height of a swallow, right? When the very back of the tongue pushes up to block the airway?

Also, about chin tucks; I get the feeling that something around the masseter area is activated when I chin tuck, I'm not sure what that is exactly, it actually feels like it might be above the masseters and not the masseters themselves, is this ok too? When I chin tuck the sound in my ears actually changes tone.

Last edited: