Minoxidil and eyebrow growth...

EverythingMattersCel

EverythingMattersCel

that bitch
I have been applying minoxidil religiously to my eyebrows for the past month.

I'm trying to increase eyebrow density and horizontal length.

Only seen minor changes so far. How long does it usually take to work?

Tretinoin works synergistically with minox to enhance efficacy, so I have mixed my minox with tret. I might microneedle the lateral brow with my derminator too.

Anyone here got some lifefuel before and afters?

minox will thin your skin and suck out the last drop of collagen, oldtimer

• Hmm...
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
Try castor oil first, I had good results from it within about 6 weeks. If that doesn't work then try minox, it just can have sides.

minox will thin your skin and suck out the last drop of collagen, oldtimer
That's already been debunked. Only oral minox drops collagen and even then the effects are minor (i.e. u lose more collagen from drinking caffeinated beverages than minox).

Besides, the systemic effect of topical minox is less than 0.1%. Even if collagen loss was localised there are many ways to counter it:

1) Lifestyle factors:
- Low stress (i.e. low cortisol)
- Lots of sleep
- Healthy diet
- Exercise

2) Skincare routine:
- Microneedling
- Retinoids
- Vit C
- Copper Peptides
- Matrixyl 3000

u get the point...

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and SkullDynamics
Try castor oil first, I had good results from it within about 6 weeks. If that doesn't work then try minox, it just can have sides.
Minox in theory should be much stronger than castor oil. 18 months ago I did a month-long experiment of applying castor oil to my eyelashes... made 0 difference. Gave up on it.

The empirical evidence for castor oil is also shaky at best.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and SkullDynamics
This never worked for me. When eyebrows are maxxed, you are done.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Milk and EverythingMattersCel
Minox in theory should be much stronger than castor oil. 18 months ago I did a month-long experiment of applying castor oil to my eyelashes... made 0 difference. Gave up on it.

The empirical evidence for castor oil is also shaky at best.

Obviously minox is stronger but it also has downsides unlike castor oil, which is why it should be tried first. A month isn't long enough. Took me 6 weeks to see some changes, and about 3 months to fill out the edges of my brows.

This never worked for me. When eyebrows are maxxed, you are done.
Damn, sucks. My eyebrows are around 60-70 percentile in thickness and length. Not so much thickness, but long eyebrows are such a halo. Even increases your perceived palepbral fissure length and looks striking. Trying to get to 95+ percentile length. Gonna require microneedling I think. Throw the book at it. I will needle them tonight.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero