Minoxidil can make alcohol 10x more potent

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
This is my personal experience. Shortly after I started using Minoxidil about year ago, I noticed my alcohol tolerance had suddenly dropped significantly! I suddenly was drunk af after just 1-2 beers which wasn't normal at all for me (would need 3-4 beers in a row to even feel anything before).

My explanation for this is that both Minoxidil and alcohol are potent vasodilators (substances which expand the blood vessels) which can lower the blood pressure significantly when used together. Minoxidil was invented as a blood pressure medication and even though I'm using it topically, I'm very sure that it's also absorbed systemically to some degree. I also noticed that drinking makes my hands and feet swell a lot sometimes which is a symptom of vasodilation. My alcohol tolerance has increased after using Minox for almost a year of course but it's still way lower than before.

The good thing is, I'm saving lots of money because I need to drink way less to get drunk on Minoxidil. This is a huge benefit imo.
The bad thing is that it's sometimes hard to dose alcohol correctly because my alcohol tolerance fluctuates unpredictably.

Tl;dr: Minoxidil can be a strong potentiator of alcohol.

Minoxidil has a million different sides, yet the only ones listed on the drug are... skin irritation?

Minoxidil has a million different sides, yet the only ones listed on the drug are... skin irritation?
Yes, it's def a strong substance. The alcohol potentiator effects are only my personal experience.

That's a good side effect then

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
explains my i got drunk on 1 beer thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Bewusst
Beer increases estrogen which is destructive to looksmaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100
  • +1
Reactions: 6ft8InTheNetherlands
Going to a doctor Thursday to see how I can reverse my minoxidil side effects

may need a cell transplant or some shit

edit: wrong thread my bad

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: LordNorwood
Going to a doctor Thursday to see how I can reverse my minoxidil side effects

may need a cell transplant or some shit
Ever thought about the possibility that increasing age might be the cause for your worsened skin instead of Minox? My skin hasn't been the way it looked when I was 15 even before I hopped on Minoxidil. It's normal to experience worse skin after puberty tbh. Maybe you're projecting all your problems on Minoxidil (just maybe). Minox may have accelerated the occurence of your problems but not caused it in the first place.

It's been noted anecdotally before that hardcore alcoholics tend to have better hair. Wonder if that has anything to do with your observations.

minoxidal is like satans liquid ass prank for norwooders

• JFL
It's been noted anecdotally before that hardcore alcoholics tend to have better hair. Wonder if that has anything to do with your observations.
Well, alcohol is a vasodilator which means increased blood flow. So it's definitely not an absurd assumption that alcoholics might have better hair or experience hair loss less often/later than non-alcoholics. This is all theoretical of course.

• +1
Well, alcohol is a vasodilator which means increased blood flow. So it's definitely not an absurd assumption that alcoholics might have better hair or experience hair loss less often/later than non-alcoholics. This is all theoretical of course.
l citruline and nitric oxide are good for bloodflow. being low bf and active asf + high T on top of this should make you a blood flow machine
get the nitric oxide from beetroots and the l citruline from citruline malate

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
l citruline and nitric oxide are good for bloodflow. being low bf and active asf + high T on top of this should make you a blood flow machine
get the nitric oxide from beetroots and the l citruline from citruline malate
Ik, I use Minoxidil only for beard growth. Not for hairloss or anything. Wanna quit once my beard is dense enough and less patchy because it's making booze problematic sometimes. I've never been this drunk before and it can be quite frightening to experience such drops in blood pressure.