Minoxidil + tret routine

Matheus

Matheus

Mistral
Since you should use minox 2 times per day (beard + eyebrows) when do you apply tret? Can you do in the evening tret + (20min waiting) + moisturizer + minoxidil in this order? And morning moisturizer + sunscreen + minox ?

• JFL
Reactions: HeavenAdmιn
Moisturizer and sunscreen last. In my experience min foam is absorbed faster than retionid creams, so I put it first (a break between applying them).

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: HeavenAdmιn and Matheus
Moisturizer and sunscreen last. In my experience min foam is absorbed faster than retionid creams, so I put it first (a break between applying them).

So minox and then tret and then moisturizer in the evening, and minox then moist then sunscreen in the morning right? I've read minox requires 4 hours to be absorbed

• JFL
So minox and then tret and then moisturizer in the evening, and minox then moist then sunscreen in the morning right?
Yes. Use foam min for faster drying.

I've read minox requires 4 hours to be absorbed
Yes, most of it is abosrbed after 4 hours. Don't wash your face before applying tret.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Matheus and HeavenAdmιn
Since you should use minox 2 times per day (beard + eyebrows) when do you apply tret? Can you do in the evening tret + (20min waiting) + moisturizer + minoxidil in this order? And morning moisturizer + sunscreen + minox ?
use 5% minox and apply it only once everyday. It has a half life of 19-21 hours so you're good.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope, Deleted member 4645 and Matheus
use 5% minox and apply it only once everyday. It has a half life of 19-21 hours so you're good.
Yeah only once seems good already. Morning I suppose is better

Yes. Use foam min for faster drying.

Yes, most of it is abosrbed after 4 hours. Don't wash your face before applying tret.

But if it takes 4 hours to be absorbed then I can't put anything on it until 4 hours after right? Btw I misclicked on AllDayChemist and bought liquid does it longer?

This. Minox doesn't actually need to be applied 2 times a day.

• Love it
Half life doesn't play such a role because it's not taken systemically. Some people get better results with twice/day application.

• +1
Reactions: Matheus and HeavenAdmιn
But if it takes 4 hours to be absorbed then I can't put anything on it until 4 hours after right? Btw I misclicked on AllDayChemist and bought liquid does it longer?
I'm not sure how tret is going to affect min. It makes sense to wait as long as possible. Practically I think 1 hour is good enough. Many times I don't wait for that long and I see the benefits from both medications.

• +1
Reactions: Matheus
this is my routine
any opinion what i can improve?

Morning
-wash face
-apply moistuirizer
-apply suncream
-wait 20 min
-apply minox

Evening
-wash face
-tretinoin
-apply moistuirizer

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645
Is thir routine legit?

Morning
-wash face
-apply moistuirizer
-apply suncream
-wait 20 min
-apply minox

Evening
-wash face
-tretinoin
-apply moistuirizer

Tbh that's exactly what I wanted to do. The other guy said that it's better like that for morning :
- wash face
- minox
- wait 1h
- apply moist
- apply sunscreen

Idk though, ask them @poplo @Ioan

• +1
Reactions: lasthope and Deleted member 4645
this is my routine
any opinion what i can improve?

Morning
-wash face
-apply moistuirizer
-apply suncream
-wait 20 min
-apply minox

Evening
-wash face
-tretinoin
-apply moistuirizer

I'd first apply minox, then the moisturizer and sunscreen. Minox is absorbed quite rapidly, while the sunscreen is actually leaving a layer on your skin.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
I'd first apply minox, then the moisturizer and sunscreen. Minox is absorbed quite rapidly, while the sunscreen is actually leaving a layer on your skin.
yeah but normaly you dont apply sunscreen where you apply minox? I still absorb the minox since i got some side effects from it

So you wash face, apply minox then wait how long before applying moisturizer and sunscreen?

This. Minox doesn't actually need to be applied 2 times a day.

I agree. Minox is quite brutal for the body. You should apply low dosage but long term.
Even 1ml/day is a lot to take in

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645
I agree. Minox is quite brutal for the body. You should apply low dosage but long term.
Even 1ml/day is a lot

1ml is actually ok, you can still go a bit lower, but above that you're gaining very little though.

• +1
yeah but normaly you dont apply sunscreen where you apply minox? I still absorb the minox since i got some side effects from it

So you wash face, apply minox then wait how long before applying moisturizer and sunscreen?
@Ioan is one hour enough between minox and moist + sunscreen?

@Ioan is one hour enough between minox and moist + sunscreen?

According to this dermatologist, 30-40 should be plenty for Minox to be absorbed.

• +1