Minoxidil VS laser hair removal

spermium

spermium

Sperming out
Did any of you concurrently do laser therapy or IPL while being on oral/topical Minoxidil ?

Is the removal still effective or can Minoxidil undo it, and if so to what extent ?

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7 and Lonenely sigma
As far as I understand it, laser hair removal literally destroys your hair follicles. Minoxidil can't do shit since there are no follicles from which your hair can grow

• +1
Reactions: ForeskinCarbonAlloy and Jonas2k7
Did any of you concurrently do laser therapy or IPL while being on oral/topical Minoxidil ?

Is the removal still effective or can Minoxidil undo it, and if so to what extent ?
What a stupid question bro (still rep me pls as I'm answering u)

You know what minox does (enhances absorption of vitamins and minerals to the hair root) which makes it stronger bla bla faster hair growth etc. So of course it would counteract the IPL.

As far as I understand it, laser hair removal literally destroys your hair follicles. Minoxidil can't do shit since there are no follicles from which your hair can grow
No it doesn't, u need a lot of sessions for that and it could regenerate again but a lot slower the more sessions you do

• +1
Reactions: halloweed and Lonenely sigma
I think it just damages them, the follicle becomes dormant, but still exists underneath your skin but min has shown to reanimate follicles that were long gone, hence the doubt.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma and Jonas2k7
Been using minox on my scalp and it's absurdly OP nigguh

I hadn't even been very consistent but I've got a second hairline and a yung nigga will be aging backwards

Attachments

• 20241020_090510.jpg
    20241020_090510.jpg
    864.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: halloweed

I hadn't even been very consistent but I've got a second hairline and a yung nigga will be aging backwards
Guy isn’t even receeding and is using minox. HOW GREEEEDY

• JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx

Im still nw0 I'd take it just for the mogger lashes/brows. I IPLed my neck with a cope home device I'm afraid that shit will grow all the hair back

Guy isn’t even receeding and is using minox. HOW GREEEEDY
Jfl

I don't looksreact.

I looksmax.

Go on, wait until you're balding to fix the balding, not me :ogre:

• +1
Reactions: halloweed
Jfl

I don't looksreact.

I looksmax.

Go on, wait until you're balding to fix the balding, not me :ogre:
Nah I was joking i’m doing the same thing as you currently.

• JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
I dont understand ur question bro

To what extent can Minoxidil undo the effects of laser hair removal
To no extent, laser hair removal litterly does what it says. So because minoxidil works only on existing hair follicles there is nothing minoxidil will do in that case.

What a stupid question bro (still rep me pls as I'm answering u)

You know what minox does (enhances absorption of vitamins and minerals to the hair root) which makes it stronger bla bla faster hair growth etc. So of course it would counteract the IPL.

No it doesn't, u need a lot of sessions for that and it could regenerate again but a lot slower the more sessions you do
Brother is it possible to grow hair somewhere that doesn’t have any ability to grow hair?

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7
litterly does what it says.
It doesn't, it just deactivates the follicle, forces into a dormant state. It's not like your whole follicle was excised out of your skin.

My worry is that the Minoxidil will just keep turning the follicles back on.

Have you taken min whole doing laser hair removal?

Brother is it possible to grow hair somewhere that doesn’t have any ability to grow hair?
No you can't create follicles out of nowhere

It doesn't, it just deactivates the follicle, forces into a dormant state. It's not like your whole follicle was excised out of your skin.

My worry is that the Minoxidil will just keep turning the follicles back on.

Have you taken min whole doing laser hair removal?
I really dont get why you even would do this. By first deactivating the hair just to want to reactivate it but also not reactivating it?

I really dont get why you even would do this. By first deactivating the hair just to want to reactivate it but also not reactivating it?
I'd take min to get autistic tier lashes/brows but Ive done ipl on my neck which is now 100% smooth.

Im wondering what effect the min will have on my now dormant neck hair

I'd take min to get autistic tier lashes/brows but Ive done ipl on my neck which is now 100% smooth.

Im wondering what effect the min will have on my now dormant neck hair
U are taking oral minoxidil or topical?

If you mean areas where it is impossible to grow hair like on the nose or under eye area then no

If you mean like areas in your beard where no hair follicles are then yes

Never taken either, I'd take the oral one tho
With the topical, I could probably guarantee nothing would happen. But with the oral I really wouldnt know. I’d advise contacting ur surgeon that removed it.

With the topical, I could probably guarantee nothing would happen. But with the oral I really wouldnt know. I’d advise contacting ur surgeon that removed it.
I didn't have any surgeon remove it I just blasted my neck with an ipl home device jfl

Topical is harmful to the eyes

I didn't have any surgeon remove it I just blasted my neck with an ipl home device jfl

Ur eyes in specific or do you mean in general, because I personally use minoxidil daily on eyebrows without any side effects.

Ur eyes in specific or do you mean in general, because I personally use minoxidil daily on eyebrows without any side effects.
It's bad if it gets into the pupil. Did your lashes grow from just applying it on the eyebrows ??

It's bad if it gets into the pupil. Did your lashes grow from just applying it on the eyebrows ??
My eyelashes not, but my eyebrows did. But if u are planning on growing the eyelashes then u would need the oral indeed.

My eyelashes not, but my eyebrows did. But if u are planning on growing the eyelashes then u would need the oral indeed.
And I would like I said contact a medical professional to verify if it grows ur neck hair back again.

And I would like I said contact a medical professional to verify if it grows ur neck hair back again.
They know shit, this is not a standard practice. There's 0 data reports on this. All we can do is gather evidence from people who did it themselves

Yo insane i was looking around for this, so I wanted to start oral minoxidi, but my body gets hella hairy so I was thinking to buy a top notch DIY IPL this black friday.

SO, I want to know if u arent experiencing more hair after ipl treatment. ( btw im just looking to have medium amount of hair, im not tryin rid my entire body of hair)

They know shit, this is not a standard practice. There's 0 data reports on this. All we can do is gather evidence from people who did it themselves
I might look into this at my university with a plastic surgeon, if u plan on starting oral mino. Could u share ur experience with me?

Yo insane i was looking around for this, so I wanted to start oral minoxidi, but my body gets hella hairy so I was thinking to buy a top notch DIY IPL this black friday.

SO, I want to know if u arent experiencing more hair after ipl treatment. ( btw im just looking to have medium amount of hair, im not tryin rid my entire body of hair)
Never took min so I got not clue I'm also wondering this.

There used to be a thread from over a year ago of a guy who had extreme hyperthricosis from oral min and was looking to get all of his shit lasered but never had a follow up thread as far as I know

I might look into this at my university with a plastic surgeon, if u plan on starting oral mino. Could u share ur experience with me?
I'll just make a thread in case I ever do this

• +1
Reactions: BeatleJuiceFanBoy10
cope , laser doesnt fully kill the follicle, minoxidil would make it regrow
trust me i tried laser, electrolysis everything...

cope , laser doesnt fully kill the follicle, minoxidil would make it regrow
trust me i tried laser, electrolysis everything...
Brutal, so you were on Minoxidil and laser failed you ? Was it an IPL home device or was is at a clinic ? And how much min are you on ?