Minoxidil’s affects on Collagen are permanent.

Deleted member 773

Deleted member 773

Looksmaxxing is COPE! (RIP 1-5-19 - 2-17-21)
This is serious. Minoxidil destroyed my collagen and now that I’m off it, it is still bad.

Sometimes I can get a glimpse of high collagen after sun exposure / dermarolling but then it goes back down to being bad. Despite retin-a, vitamin c, water, basically every collagen cope.

Getting on Minoxidol is the biggest mistake of my life tbh. I really hope my skin will one day get back to where it’s supposed to be but I doubt it.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Petsmart
saddest story i’ve read all day

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10107
THERE ARE NO STUDIES PROVING THAT, AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T NOTICE CHANGES
It was probably the alcohol on the formula though, alcohol can fuck up your skin a lot

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and x30001
THERE ARE NO STUDIES PROVING THAT, AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T NOTICE CHANGES
It was probably the alcohol on the formula though, alcohol can fuck up your skin a lot
Fuck you if you're denying the fact that minox degenerates collagen. It not only stops collagen production, but by an insane amount, almost 30%

I have definitely seen the collagen affects on my face. I wouldn't be making so many posts on this if it wasn't true, even my mom said my skin looked like shit.

Did you use it on your hairline?

First of all, that study was In VITRO, not In vivo, second the only studies done about this were related to FIBROSIS

@Zeta ascended thoughts?

@Zeta ascended thoughts?
He has also reported bad skin and low collagen. Go on /r/minoxbeards and look at before-and-afters. Those people are destroying their skin and still deny minoxidil has any affect on collagen.

You guys are forgetting that minoxidil itself is new and not popular. It is not a popular drug and thus studies based on loosely related things are not common yet. Most studies are on how it grows hair, not how it damages the skin. But the studies we do have show it has a huge affect on the skin and stops collagen production by upwards of 30%. Which is basically equal to 10 years of skin aging.
Did you use it on your hairline?
yes, foam version. I put it on after dermarolling often like an idiot and minoxidil goes systemic very easily anyway.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Alexanderr, Zeta ascended and her
fuck man... @jefferson really did you bad

• JFL
Reactions: jefferson
hairline > collagen

• JFL
Reactions: her
He has also reported bad skin and low collagen. Go on /r/minoxbeards and look at before-and-afters. Those people are destroying their skin and still deny minoxidil has any affect on collagen.

You guys are forgetting that minoxidil itself is new and not popular. It is not a popular drug and thus studies based on loosely related things are not common yet. Most studies are on how it grows hair, not how it damages the skin. But the studies we do have show it has a huge affect on the skin and stops collagen production by upwards of 30%. Which is basically equal to 10 years of skin aging.

yes, foam version. I put it on after dermarolling often like an idiot and minoxidil goes systemic very easily anyway.
holy shit

Stop lying you low IQ pathetic collagenless subhuman, show ONE study proving that minoxidil reduces the collagen production on skins by 30%, THERE IS NONE!

• +1
Reactions: crosshold
Stop lying you low IQ pathetic collagenless subhuman, show ONE study proving that minoxidil reduces the collagen production on skins by 30%, THERE IS NONE!
jfl at putting that chemical on ur skin

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
@Zeta ascended thoughts?
Yeah I saw a picture from a year ago where I was really focusing on skin care. And when I saw a recent picture My skin looked like shit and my collagen was nuked. Now I'll only use minox for my hairline. I wouldn't go as far as to say the bad collagen is permanent tho.

• So Sad
Reactions: Alexanderr

there was approximately a 30% inhibition of collagen production with 5 ng/ml bFGF, 0.1 ng/ml VEGF and 100 ng/ml minoxidil

How about you read the whole article??

Moreover, collagen synthesis measured in lattices is reduced to about 50% of that found in monolayer cultures. The influence of growth factors on collagen synthesis by hair dermal papilla cells was investigated. We studied the effects of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and minoxidil on collagen synthesis in monolayers and in lattices. VEGF, bFGF and minoxidil significantly decreased the total amount of collagen. In monolayer cultures, there was approximately a 30% inhibition of collagen production with 5 ng/ml bFGF, 0.1 ng/ml VEGF and 100 ng/ml minoxidil. However, in the lattices this inhibition was reduced to about half. These results suggest that both culture substrate and growth factors influence collagen production by rat hair dermal papilla cells.

Better than finasteride that kills your dick and your brain.
And tbh I've been using minoxidil for 8 years and I'm not seeing much of an effect on my skin other than the physiological ones being 8 years older. My skin still looks much better than guys my age because, contrary to them, I do ablative lasers, TCA peels, retin A 0,05, microneedling, vitamin C, niacinamide, fillers (once per year), I use a face detergent and I don't smoke.

That being said: hair>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>collagen

How about you read the whole article??
If it reduces collagen by such great quantities in labs then I see no reason why it shouldn't decrease it in action too.

This is serious. Minoxidil destroyed my collagen and now that I’m off it, it is still bad.

Sometimes I can get a glimpse of high collagen after sun exposure / dermarolling but then it goes back down to being bad. Despite retin-a, vitamin c, water, basically every collagen cope.

Getting on Minoxidol is the biggest mistake of my life tbh. I really hope my skin will one day get back to where it’s supposed to be but I doubt it.
Lifeisgood72

If it reduces collagen by such great quantities in labs then I see no reason why it shouldn't decrease it in action too.

Looks like you haven't read the article... I guess I gonna have to make a thread about this whole shit because no one here actually read this article and keeps pushing this non-sense.

Hint: The study only studied dermal papillae cells, not skin.

Well, shit, man.

Looks like you haven't read the article... I guess I gonna have to make a thread about this whole shit because no one here actually read this article and keeps pushing this non-sense.

So do you think the collagen affects I had were just random? Or a coincidence? This is the video that originally introduced it to me, and you can see the guy's skin looks a lot worse compared to before he started it

Last edited:
If it was that easy to get a fin prescription online, Imma get a retin-a prescription easily.

If it was that easy to get a fin prescription online, Imma get a retin-a prescription easily.
Just buy retin-a from alldaychemist, its like $30 with shipping included. About 3x cheaper than a prescription.

So do you think the collagen affects I had were just random? Or a coincidence? This is the video that originally introduced it to me, and you can see the guy's skin looks a lot worse compared to before he started it

the lighting is different and in the first video he wasn't tanned, in the second he was tanned

i personally don't think he changed much other than the physiological aging process....collagen synthesis start to decrease in the early/mid 20's....so it's pretty normal

I also use retin A but for collagen the best is laser.....one CO2 ablative laser and you'll get all the collagen you want. Microneedling at more than 1,5mm also stimulates good collagen (not as much as laser of course). Retin A is good (I use it) but it's less powerful than the other two

legit, they are talking about a loss of collagen in HAIR cells. fuck the people on this site are retarded

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100
legit, they are talking about a loss of collagen in HAIR cells. fuck the people on this site are retarded
I know it affects collagen in the skin though because for about a week after I quit it my skin looked fucking AMAZING and was high collagen until eventually it dropped back to shitty levels.

Fuck you if you're denying the fact that minox degenerates collagen. It not only stops collagen production, but by an insane amount, almost 30%

I have definitely seen the collagen affects on my face. I wouldn't be making so many posts on this if it wasn't true, even my mom said my skin looked like shit.
Subhuman making shit up to rationalize his crap genetics. “I aged wrong”

• JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer
Subhuman making shit up to rationalize his crap genetics. “I aged wrong”
Go fuck yourself I had perfect skin before minoxidil and was certainly better looking than you.

damn. Was about to use it for my eyebrows

If you used on your face you did a stupid move, it's not the minoxidil that fuck up your skin, it's the fact that to be absorbed it has a lot of alcohol on its composition, it basically drys your skin and that's why trying to increase your collagen levels is useless, because you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist (loss of collagen) that study even talks about another study in vitro but with human skin, the loss of collagen was like 5%, I'm pretty sure 10 minutes a day of red light or derma rolling, or even stone (quartzo if I'm not wrong) rolling increases your collagen enough to neutralize that minimal loss, but it won't help with the dryness caused by the alcohol.

So you'd have been better of using some hydration cream while you were using minox instead of trying to raise your collagen. I still don't recommend using on your face though, because you'll need to wait a couple of hours until it's absorbed, until then your skin will be dry af
damn. Was about to use it for my eyebrows

Don't use minoxidil on eyebrows, bimatoprost 0.03%/Latisse has much better results (scientifically proven)

If you used on your face you did a stupid move, it's not the minoxidil that fuck up your skin, it's the fact that to be absorbed it has a lot of alcohol on its composition, it basically drys your skin and that's why trying to increase your collagen levels is useless, because you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist (loss of collagen) that study even talks about another study in vitro but with human skin, the loss of collagen was like 5%, I'm pretty sure 10 minutes a day of red light or derma rolling, or even stone (quartzo if I'm not wrong) rolling increases your collagen enough to neutralize that minimal loss, but it won't help with the dryness caused by the alcohol.

So you'd have been better of using some hydration cream while you were using minox instead of trying to raise your collagen. I still don't recommend using on your face though, because you'll need to wait a couple of hours until it's absorbed, until then your skin will be dry af
Let me make something clear, I am damn near 2 months off of the minoxidil. I haven't used it since LATE JUNE. The first week off of it my skin experienced an extreme INCREASE in collagen and looked amazing and everyone treated me better and complimented my skin. Then it returned to looking bad again very quickly. I'm now 6 weeks off of it and my skin still looks bad. I know for a fact it is a lack of collagen making my skin look bad.

When I dermaroll (which I do 1x a week) my skin looks fantastic for about 24hrs then goes back to normal. Retin-a used to be very effective for me but I think it's gone bad now since I left it open overnight (doesn't really seem to have any collagen boost for me anymore and some acne is coming back). I've ordered a new tube. Vitamin C, Aloe Vera, and everything else seem to have little effect on my skin. I used to have very good looking skin without the use of any collagen increasing products. I am convinced that Minoxidil aged my skin and slowed down collagen synthesis, whether my skin will return to normal or not has yet to be seen.

Last edited:
82 days off minox, skin still hasn't recovered. Maybe slight improvements? Doubt it.

• So Sad
Reactions: Peachy
People tell me i look 30 when i am 19 nad i never applied on my cheecks that part looks good and the jaw looks really bad it literally made me age a lot lot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23391