Mirror mirror on the wall (how you really look to other people)

D

Deleted member 28939

Iron
If you want to see unfrauded image of yourself, you need two mirrors. One mirror on the wall and other mirror in your hand.
Through the mirror in your hand, look at your image in the wall mirror. This is how you look to others. By turning the angle, you can see your real side profile and backside as well.
When you normally look straight into a mirror, the picture is literally mirrored, it doesn't exist in real life. That's not how you look to others.
The difference is huge if your face is not 100% symmetrical, and it most likely isn't. Also if you do this in front of a larger mirror, it's a great way to see how fucked up your posture really is.
Always use two mirrors to see how you really look from the perspective of others.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: angelo, poopoohead, materialistic and 4 others
K

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: poopoohead, garoupilled_ and Slob
Yes and no. Cuz you are used to a mirrored version of yourself since that’s what you’ve been seeing every time there is a mirror. So when you see the unmirrored version, you’ll look really off and the asymmetrical will be exaggerated. So those who are used to seeing you will kind of see you how you see the mirrored image, whilst strangers will see you in a way intermediate to how you see yourself in mirrored and unmirrored.

• +1
Reactions: Marsik, Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 1140 and 3 others
your face isn't more asymmetrical in real life dumbass, it's literally just the same but flipped

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
your face isn't more asymmetrical in real life dumbass, it's literally just the same but flipped
That's not what I meant you fucking dickhead :D Your face is asymmetrical. You been used to seeing it one way. But the real image is other way. So you might be surprised to learn how you really look "flipped".

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
That's not what I meant you fucking dickhead :D Your face is asymmetrical. You been used to seeing it one way. But the real image is other way. So you might be surprised to learn how you really look "flipped".
the thing is that it works both ways. Have you ever looked at any person you know through a mirror? You will notice their asymmetries because you're not used to seeing them flipped, but IRL you don't notice them normally

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover and SntDomistheRealChad
the thing is that it works both ways. Have you ever looked at any person you know through a mirror? You will notice their asymmetries because you're not used to seeing them flipped, but IRL you don't notice them normally
Jesus :D if you don't understand, it's ok

candid photos and videos is how you actually look

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Allornothing
candid photos and videos is how you actually look
Yes, because they are usually not mirrored, like a mirror image. But they have distortion, depending on the lens.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and SntDomistheRealChad
Yes, because they are usually not mirrored, like a mirror image. But they have distortion, depending on the lens.
cope, candid photos and videos are usually taken from a large enough distance that muh distortion doesn't matter
it's not 2012 anymore, modern phones have really good cameras, the distortion argument is one of the biggest copes in the world
candid photos/videos from 6+ ft away is how you look to other people, it's the most accurate way to gauge your looks

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Elvisandreaa
cope, candid photos and videos are usually taken from a large enough distance that muh distortion doesn't matter
it's not 2012 anymore, modern phones have really good cameras, the distortion argument is one of the biggest copes in the world
candid photos/videos from 6+ ft away is how you look to other people, it's the most accurate way to gauge your looks
Yes, selfies are still horrible usually, but like you said from a distance, candid photos are decent.

Regular selfie in average lighting should be fine. This just lets you see your asymmetries more clearly since you are less used to it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444
Regular selfie in average lighting should be fine. This just lets you see your asymmetries more clearly since you are less used to it.
No, selfies are pretty bad. You see people complaining all the time how they look bad in selfies but ok in the mirror. Using two mirrors lets you see true to life image, in motion.

I always take pics in a flipped image lmao

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Allornothing
No, selfies are pretty bad. You see people complaining all the time how they look bad in selfies but ok in the mirror. Using two mirrors lets you see true to life image, in motion.
This is for the reason I mentioned. Most people are coping because the mirror makes them get used to their asymmetry from a laterally inverted view. The selfie just “flips” this and shows you exactly how you look to other people. It’s pretty much exactly the same as the mirror reflection but your brain more greatly perceives assymetry since it is not as used to selfies (no lateral inversion). Symmetry is a big factor in how good you look.

Selfie and mirror reflection are both exactly how you look if we were being objective, but because the brain gets used to assymetry and ignores it, selfies are more accurate from an subjective perspective. The double mirror method you mentioned is legit but it should be pretty much the same as selfies imo.

This is for the reason I mentioned. Most people are coping because the mirror makes them get used to their asymmetry from a laterally inverted view. The selfie just “flips” this and shows you exactly how you look to other people. It’s pretty much exactly the same as the mirror reflection but your brain more greatly perceives assymetry since it is not as used to selfies (no lateral inversion). Symmetry is a big factor in how good you look.

Selfie and mirror reflection are both exactly how you look if we were being objective, but because the brain gets used to assymetry and ignores it, selfies are more accurate from an subjective perspective. The double mirror method you mentioned is legit but it should be pretty much the same as selfies imo.
I hear you, but the main problem with selfies is the horrible lens distortion. Like the other dude said, candid pic from a distance is ok. But a close up selfie just bends these incel faces too much. Mirror gives you an accurate image, and using two gives you the view from another person's perspective. It's really the best method to see how your hair is from all angles for example. And again it's true to life, and in motion. You can speak and make faces and really soak in that suifuel.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
I hear you, but the main problem with selfies is the horrible lens distortion. Like the other dude said, candid pic from a distance is ok. But a close up selfie just bends these incel faces too much. Mirror gives you an accurate image, and using two gives you the view from another person's perspective. It's really the best method to see how your hair is from all angles for example. And again it's true to life, and in motion. You can speak and make faces and really soak in that suifuel.
I honestly almost roped the first time I did the double mirror method. I look better now.

• +1
Reactions: SntDomistheRealChad and Deleted member 28939
I honestly almost roped the first time I did the double mirror method. I look better now.
thankfully i figured this out a long time ago so i was able to fix asymmetries

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28939 and Allornothing
Yes and no. Cuz you are used to a mirrored version of yourself since that’s what you’ve been seeing every time there is a mirror. So when you see the unmirrored version, you’ll look really off and the asymmetrical will be exaggerated. So those who are used to seeing you will kind of see you how you see the mirrored image, whilst strangers will see you in a way intermediate to how you see yourself in mirrored and unmirrored.
High iq

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
If you want to see unfrauded image of yourself, you need two mirrors. One mirror on the wall and other mirror in your hand.
Through the mirror in your hand, look at your image in the wall mirror. This is how you look to others. By turning the angle, you can see your real side profile and backside as well.
When you normally look straight into a mirror, the picture is literally mirrored, it doesn't exist in real life. That's not how you look to others.
The difference is huge if your face is not 100% symmetrical, and it most likely isn't. Also if you do this in front of a larger mirror, it's a great way to see how fucked up your posture really is.
Always use two mirrors to see how you really look from the perspective of others.
This is true. The only thing I would say is not to panic over how bad your asymmetries could scare you. I think that's what happened to Zac Efron and he felted himself hard. The posture one is massive though, it's how I found out I had scoliosis. It looked like I was literally falling over when seeing myself in a video because the asymmetry was so obvious, and my curve is mild (20 degrees). These little details are very important but often overlooked by the average normie, someone may have all the right features but still isn't sexy for some reason, this reason is usually bad posture but it's hard to notice. It will effect the way you walk, breath, stand, overall height, and ultimately your confidence as all of these things are thrown off.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28939
was about to post this, good summary

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Another huge blackpill dropped by Savitri Devi. Thanks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28939