Mirror or camera

Baldingman1998

Baldingman1998

Kraken
Which one is real? I look gigachad in mirror but 1 psl in pictures. Which one is real?!?!

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
I look decent in the mirror, ok in some selfies but asymmetrical af in rear camera photos, not sure whats going on.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382, CursedOne and Baldingman1998
Even though there's not much difference between how you look irl and your selfies, your mind is accustomed to seeing your mirror image (exposure effect). That clouds your judgement and makes you less objective about your own looks.

Try getting a true mirror, or flipping your mirror selfies (take pics with proper lighting) to see your trueself.

We tend to ignore/overlook our assymetric features, blemishes and other falios bc we're so used to seeing em (same thing happens with people you interact with on almost day to day basis, you soon start overlooking how subhuman they really are).

Be careful, it's a pure suifuel experience.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1140, Deleted member 6382, inceletto and 1 other person
Which one is real? I look gigachad in mirror but 1 psl in pictures. Which one is real?!?!

• JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998
Just take a candid photo with natural sunlight

It’s interesting how you perceive yourself completely different in mirror vs pics but people you know look almost the same for the most part

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1140 and Baldingman1998
It’s interesting how you perceive yourself completely different in mirror vs pics but people you know look almost the same for the most part
So which one do you think is the real you

Pictures.

The mirror flips the image. Photos flip the image too, but most modern phones already unflip it back automatically. You can’t even tell the difference between the flipped or unflipped images of others, but for yourself it makes a huge difference.

You are more comfortable looking at the flipped version of yourself because that’s the image that you look at the most every day in the mirror. You’re just more used to it and your brain does an involuntary cope.

But when you see your unflipped image that you’re not used to, your brain doesn’t activate the cope and you judge yourself just as you would judge any other person.

So the real you is the one on pictures.

• So Sad
you wont go from gigachad to subhuman like that , if you truly are good looking with good ratios even tho the front camera fucks your fwhr a little bit you will still always look good

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 2012
You look something like in between mirror and camera, just take a photo using laptop camera from distance

you wont go from gigachad to subhuman like that , if you truly are good looking with good ratios even tho the front camera fucks your fwhr a little bit you will still always look good
Ye

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7863 and Baldingman1998
Mirror but flipped. Phone camera pictures are almost always lens-distorted to some degree. The only benefit of photos is that you can see yourself from different angles that you can’t see in the mirror. You also often tend to fool yourself with mirror reflections and subconsciously disregard angles/expressions that make you look worse and identify yourself with those where you look better or position yourself in a way that makes you better looking.

The best looksmaxxing advice I can give you is to focus the most on improving symmetry and proportions, i.e. fixing failos, rather than creating halos. Balance is key.

• +1
Mirror but flipped. Phone camera pictures are almost always lens-distorted to some degree. The only benefit of photos is that you can see yourself from different angles that you can’t see in the mirror. You also often tend to fool yourself with mirror reflections and subconsciously disregard angles/expressions that make you look worse and identify yourself with those where you look better or position yourself in a way that makes you better looking.

The best looksmaxxing advice I can give you is to focus the most on improving symmetry and proportions, i.e. fixing failos, rather than creating halos. Balance is key.
How to get more symmetry? Isn't it genetic?

How to get more symmetry? Isn't it genetic?
Surgery for the most part. Uneven eyebrows? Botox/browplasty/grooming/transplant. Uneven jaw? Filler/implant. One eye hooded? Blepharoplasty. You get the idea. Millimeters can make a drastic difference in overall appearance

• Love it