mixing music can be the most annoying shit

D

Deleted member 30552

i make something on speaker, mix it on headphones and it sounds absolute insane in the headphones, just to play it on my speaker and certain things are too quiet and then all of the ratios are all fucked up and turn things up will clip it
. shit makes me insane. always make music on a speaker, it always ends up sound best

• Hmm...
Reactions: Gonthar
i make something on speaker, mix it on headphones and it sounds absolute insane in the headphones, just to play it on my speaker and certain things are too quiet and then all of the ratios are all fucked up and turn things up will clip it
. shit makes me insane. always make music on a speaker, it always ends up sound best
This was known for a long time, I remember seeing a documentary about Michael Jackson and when he would record his songs, he would also play them back on a cheap radio, then adjust the mixing and instruments, to make sure the song still sounds good for the majority of people who can't afford fancy sound systems...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30552
This was known for a long time, I remember seeing a documentary about Michael Jackson and when he would record his songs, he would also play them back on a cheap radio, then adjust the mixing and instruments, to make sure the song still sounds good for the majority of people who can't afford fancy sound systems...
making good sounds while retaining the volume of shit is one of the most annoying things in existence. i can take 20+ hours doing shit and realize its just way to quiet for my liking and turning it up makes it sound like shit

RAGE inducing fam

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
let me hear your work

• Woah
because headphones have colored frequency responses so the music you hear while mixing will differ alot on a neutal pair of speaker.
you have to mix/master on a pair of flat studio monitors inside an acoustically treated room to have the best results.

• +1
let me hear your work
i will upload two songs in a min in vocaroo and post it deleting soon quick after though
because headphones have colored frequency responses so the music you hear while mixing will differ alot on a neutal pair of speaker.
you have to mix/master on a pair of flat studio monitors inside an acoustically treated room to have the best results.
yeah i know this is ideal, cant be assed though to do that. i make it work with my janky ass set up . i def will in the future tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23239
let me hear your work
just some experimental side projects here, not completely mixed or finished (advised to use headphones or speakers)

not gonna show anybody my vocal tracks till i get i better mic tho

but u can probaly hear the difference in volume, i majorly fucked this up. i guess its alr tho

Last edited:
  • +1
secnond song

@Makhachev

bro that shit is wack i hope you can rap or sing , good luck

• JFL
whats whack about it bud

give feedback dont just yap
bro idk i dont have a good musical ear
some shit sounds out of place , what even you tried to make? a background theme music for youtube videos? its like a beat that joeyy would refuse to rap on even if you pay him 10 grand

• Hmm...
bro idk i dont have a good musical ear
some shit sounds out of place , what even you tried to make? a background theme music for youtube videos? its like a beat that joeyy would refuse to rap on even if you pay him 10 grand
like i said its not completely finshed and its called EDM music. you proly wont like it if you dont have a music producer ears, its not for rapping over. clearly you cant respect the insane detail i put into it, not everything is supposed to sound "in place" its for organic effect i hand placed every single little notation and fucking sound with even quantizing. some shit fucked up too when i uploaded it. its fun tracks for producers tbh i guess a smooth brain wouldnt get it

but my vocal tracks are less dance EDM and more hip hop

• +1
well actually its not bad but some shit of it rapes my ear , too sharp sometimes

well actually its not bad but some shit of it rapes my ear , too sharp sometimes
yes its ear rape too rough he needs to smooth it out

• +1
Reactions: fuse
yes its ear rape too rough he needs to smooth it out
you dont know anything about music tho
dylan boy is next superstar, i want to be his manager

• JFL