Banned

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Just take both theory

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
TL;DR MK-7
I have austimaxxed this question.
On one hand, MK-4 is the one you get from animal foods (liver, eggs, butter from grassfed cows, etc...), MK-7 is the one from fermented foods (natto especially).
Usually you want vitamins from animal sources as a general rule, because those are in their bioavailable form, and ones that comes from vegetables are trash that either don't get absorbed or require conversion in the body with a big question mark on how much % is actually usable.
But on the other hand, vitamins from fermentation should also be bioavailable, because that's where we get most of our vitamins from (our intestine's bacteria ferment stuff, and we reap the vitamins).
Fortunately, in the case of K2, we have a study that was designed specifically to answer this question: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/1475-2891-11-93

I'll skip to the conclusion
MK-4 was not detectable in the serum of all subjects at any time point. Consecutive administration of MK-4 (60 μg; 135 nmol) or MK-7 (60 μg; 92 nmol) for 7 days demonstrated that MK-4 supplementation did not increase serum MK-4 levels. However, consecutive administration of MK-7 increased serum MK-7 levels significantly in all subjects.

So use MK-7 if you're supplementing.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: magnificentcel
TL;DR MK-7
I have austimaxxed this question.
On one hand, MK-4 is the one you get from animal foods (liver, eggs, butter from grassfed cows, etc...), MK-7 is the one from fermented foods (natto especially).
Usually you want vitamins from animal sources as a general rule, because those are in their bioavailable form, and ones that comes from vegetables are trash that either don't get absorbed or require conversion in the body with a big question mark on how much % is actually usable.
But on the other hand, vitamins from fermentation should also be bioavailable, because that's where we get most of our vitamins from (our intestine's bacteria ferment stuff, and we reap the vitamins).
Fortunately, in the case of K2, we have a study that was designed specifically to answer this question: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/1475-2891-11-93

I'll skip to the conclusion
So which one is it, lets say you just eat nato, how much do you need to consune for 1000 micro gram of k2.

Second question:
Is 1000 micro gram enough to consume daily?

So which one is it, lets say you just eat nato, how much do you need to consune for 1000 micro gram of k2.

Second question:
Is 1000 micro gram enough to consume daily?
MK-7
100mcg should be enough unless you're megadosing D3 (> 10.000 IU daily), to get 1000 of MK-7 you'd have to slam 10 pills a day.
I don't bother trying to get this from natto directly because I don't think it's feasible to eat natto every day.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913
MK-7
100mcg should be enough unless you're megadosing D3 (> 10.000 IU daily), to get 1000 of MK-7 you'd have to slam 10 pills a day.
I don't bother trying to get this from natto directly because I don't think it's feasible to eat natto every day.
Are you currently megadosing?

tren

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: patricknotstar, magnificentcel and WadlowMaxxing