Modafinil experience

Neurose

Neurose

I'm pretty self-aware so I'll have to say I'm immune to placebo a lot of the time.

I took 200 mg and I didn't really feel anything until 2 hours later. I made sure to be drinking loads of water to not get a headache.

I didn't have a goal in mind when I took it but I just went on to have the best brain-defogged time in a while, my mind was racing in a good way, slightly and I did several tasks I put off for a while and had the drive to see stuff through and my thoughts were more coherent and elaborate, unlike my recent low effort procrastinating nature because I'm too lazy to do stuff, on the contrary more eager to do stuff and follow through. I felt like my normal self in ideal conditions, a more productive mindset - on an active day I feel the same way.

I had the best workout in a long while and finished several long standing tasks and had the best social interaction ever in a while but I feel these were premeditated because I know it was New Year and that I took modafinil.

The effect was however, mild and not any different to the random spouts of motivation I have where I feel exactly the same way, still significant though.

I'd rather not depend on this drug for these effects and be self-sufficient and induce a better drive and mindset in another ways by not slacking and getting myself in a strict routine and making productivity and accomplishment of tasks a habit, instead of being dead weight and not wanting to do anything - ldaring, lack of physical activity, mindless browing, suboptimal diet, shirking my duties to accomplish goals, minimal social interactions are very likely reasons contributing to this state and the root cause which must be fixed rather than covering it up with Modafinil.

Late after, I got tired but when I shut my eyes I couldn't sleep, like having to pee and the sensation disappearing when you get to the door. Not awake, but not sleeping, this is what I imagine insomnia feels like.

I ended up sleeping at 9 AM and woke up at 6 PM and didn't feel nearly as sleepy as I do the next day either. Although it did ruin my sleep cycle which wasn't great to begin with.

I also felt slightly jittery and my heart was a little racy but not a big deal.

It's worth taking, definitely helpful but I'm not gonna take it again unless I have to.

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike, Spinc, Butthurt Dweller and 1 other person
@Spinc @AbandonShip @Native @Butthurt Dweller

• +1
Reactions: Butthurt Dweller
Tbh 200 might be too much for some people. I get too anxious at that dose, 100mg is the same benefit with less anxiety. Also I don't know if everyone gets anxious on moda but I definitely do

Tbh 200 might be too much for some people. I get too anxious at that dose, 100mg is the same benefit with less anxiety. Also I don't know if everyone gets anxious on moda but I definitely do
I feel like lower than this dose I wouldn't experience anything and it would be akin to placebo / ashwagandha

I feel like lower than this dose I wouldn't experience anything and it would be akin to placebo / ashwagandha
Everyone's different in that regard. The reason I tell people to try to use a lower dose is because if it causes anxiety, that might lead to brain fog and inability to focus because you're so anxious.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Neurose
@Spinc @AbandonShip @Native @Butthurt Dweller
interesting thread, i have some coming in the mail its good to know what to expect

• +1
Reactions: Spinc, WadlowMaxxing and Neurose
Thanks for the report. Sounds pretty decent. Unfortunately I couldn't get a doctor's prescription, so might have to find some other way.

interesting thread, i have some coming in the mail its good to know what to expect
Where did you get yours from?