Models and smoking

rares54

rares54

I visit on here once a month
If bones are law, and smoking erodes bones and lowers bone mass. Why do top tier models smoke,

Bones are the most important for modelling so why?

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
JoinedSep 6, 2023Posts1,179Reputation909

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer, sportsmogger and mtcut3plush
its an appetite suppressant and helps them stay lean

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, PseudoMaxxer, iam good boy and 6 others
It isn't going to cause significant bone loss in their career, most won't even model past like age 25

• +1
Reactions: TheMaxxer333, horsefacin, lowiqNormie and 1 other person
how do you live?

they probably only smoke for the camera to look cool

like seriously. Do you think O'pry and Chico really rape their collagen by smoking offscreen? I doubt it.

I know barrett does smoke sometimes. After all, he was scouted out for modeling while stealing cigs as a kid, and i know delon smoked back when people didn't understand how bad it was for the body.

However the majority of models probably don't smoke frequently

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: aleksander, Deleted member 23558, PseudoMaxxer and 5 others

like seriously. Do you think O'pry and Chico really rape their collagen by smoking offscreen? I doubt it.
Yeah search it up, opry has been smoking since ages

Smoking doesn't erode your bones lmao.

it dont affect how bones look?
it also burns away facial fat pads so it even out until they all look like shit
by that time they are aready too old to model

• +1
Reactions: aleksander and Deleted member 32485
it dont affect how bones look?
bruh are you retarded or what so you think smoking wil somehow make your bones shrink whats ur IQ

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin
  • +1
Reactions: aleksander
0.01 mm of eroded bonemass is not noticeable irl

• +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF and horsefacin
probably in developmnetal years but after the bones are formed there's no way to shrink them unless surgically
You mean that the bones that are already there won't shrink, but it will fuck with the formation of bone if you're still developing right?

I'm still developing thats why im asking

smoking fucks your collagen levels, which has its advantages and disadvantages. less collagen= muh hollow cheeks even at around 25% bf,but smile lines and wrinkels are gonna form premature. Smoking is also good for decreasing appetite, which helps you to stay lean. (Speaking from own experience)

You mean that the bones that are already there won't shrink, but it will fuck with the formation of bone if you're still developing right?

I'm still developing thats why im asking
xactly

bruh are you retarded or what so you think smoking wil somehow make your bones shrink whats ur IQ
On god the only real risk is collagen like others have said here - but im sure there’s lots of ways to counteract that and still get the benefits of nicotine

I know barrett does smoke sometimes. After all, he was scouted out for modeling while stealing cigs as a kid, and i know delon smoked back when people didn't understand how bad it was for the body.

However the majority of models probably don't smoke frequently

smoking fucks your collagen levels, which has its advantages and disadvantages. less collagen= muh hollow cheeks even at around 25% bf,but smile lines and wrinkels are gonna form premature. Smoking is also good for decreasing appetite, which helps you to stay lean. (Speaking from own experience)
Less collagen doesnt cause hollow cheeks 😂 its the subcutaneous fat levels that determines hollowness of cheeks, which changes with age

Less collagen doesnt cause hollow cheeks 😂 its the subcutaneous fat levels that determines hollowness of cheeks, which changes with age
the part with the subcutaneous fat levels is true, but less collagen also causes hollow cheeks, otherwise i wouldnt be 15 with hollow cheeks at around 25% bf

Attachments

• CB2ED314-72DE-4159-97B2-3310EAFDD9DB.jpeg
    CB2ED314-72DE-4159-97B2-3310EAFDD9DB.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 0
the part with the subcutaneous fat levels is true, but less collagen also causes hollow cheeks, otherwise i wouldnt be 15 with hollow cheeks at around 25% bf
Youre 15, your collagen levels are high. If anything, you having hollow cheeks at 25 bfp proves more collagen = more hollow cheeks. And this makes sense, because more collagen means you will have stronger cheekbones/maxilla/mandible and less bone degradation, skin thats more tightly wrapped around your face, etc. all these contribute to more hollow cheeks. Conversely when you have low collagen levels, your bones degrade, your skin sags, all this causes you to look bloated and less defined.

Things like smoking can give people hollow cheeks btw, but its not due to collagen changes. Its usually because long term smoking causes healthy cells to die quicker, which speeds up metabolism. Plus like OP mentioned, nicotine is an appetite suppressant.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: rares54
They don’t know most models don’t looksmax like us there naturally born good looking so there not worried about maintaining there looks by not smoking or doing drugs and drinking but it does affect them as they get older look at gandy

If bones are law, and smoking erodes bones and lowers bone mass. Why do top tier models smoke,

Ask rameriz

Coping mechanism

Tbf a teen who smokes could benefit from in increase in test causing more prominent bones