Moggernese Flashcards: Subjects, Objects, Verbs, Conjugation of Tenses

D

Deleted member 25938

. . .
Hey guys, instead of completely and unilaterally lecturing y'all on Moggernese stuff, boring you to drooling and daydreaming about creampieing your oneitis, I decided on a better, more interactive way for y'all to learn the language... flashcards!!!

(Thanks to @Beastimmung for that idea, it's not an Anki Deck but it's in similar vein.)

Today, these flashcards will go over the glue of the language: subjects, objects, verbs, and conjugation of tenses!

Now, what do I mean by "subjects" and "objects"?

Well, by that I'm referring to the building blocks of sentence structure. The subject does the action, while the object receives the action.

Remember in English (or insert other language) class when you learned about SVO, SOV, VSO, etc. structure? These are acronyms for the order in which the subject (S), object (O), and verb (V) are located within a sentence.

And guess what? Moggernese uses SVO structure, just like in English. Makes things a heck of a lot easier.

Anyway, to the flashcards!

Subjects

This set contains the basic subjects used in Moggernese:

Objects

This set contains the basic objects used in Moggernese:

Verbs

This set contains some verbs commonly used in everyday (including in the context of the forum) scenarios:

Conjugation of Tenses

In many languages, when an action is being expressed in different timeframes, verbs are written differently. In English, there is a difference between the present tense "eat" as opposed to the composed past tense "ate," for example.

In Romance languages, verbs are conjugated into their respective tenses based off of the infinitive form, which has its own stem. For example, in French the infinitive "manger" is conjugated to the present tense "mange/manges/mange/mangeons/mangez/mangent" by dropping the -er stem in the infinitive and adding the stem matching with the according subject.

Moggernese follows the Romance style of conjugation, mainly due to its effective systematization of defining tenses. However, Moggernese does not have different stems for different subjects except for two verbs: "to be" (bishiron) and "to be able to" (koogiron).

This set contains the conjugations for all tenses:

If you're unsure about what the tenses mean, refer to this thread:

This set contains the irregular conjugations for bishiron:

And finally, this set contains the irregular conjugations for koogiron:

Hope you enjoy! If you have questions, feel free to ask me. Obrimogpog huig durk seegen jig!

@BongMog @Beastimmung @apemaxxed @emeraldglass @TRUE_CEL @Xangsane @Hoso @aspiringexcel @Rt-Rust1 @Octillionaire @RR2XCUP @PointOfNoReturn @lunin7 @slayer69 @Trilogy @garoupilled_ @mrriceguy @Jungcuck @thecel

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Magnum Opus, rand anon, Xangsane and 10 others
Kys

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, Deleted member 16369 and Deleted member 25938
How many words have you came up with, so far? Are you going to continue developing it? Are the grammatical rules identical to english?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aspiringexcel and Deleted member 25938
How many words have you came up with, so far? Are you going to continue developing it? Are the grammatical rules identical to english?
So far, I have around 1060 words in the lexicon. I'm gonna continue adding to it for sure.

The grammatical structure of Moggernese is more or less identical to English (there are some nitpicky things I still need to sort out, such as whether to hyphenate inverted sentences), but the conjugations are more akin to French.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: aspiringexcel, Deleted member 16369 and Elvisandreaa
least autistic .org user

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25938, Deleted member 21467 and aspiringexcel
Hey guys, instead of completely and unilaterally lecturing y'all on Moggernese stuff, boring you to drooling and daydreaming about creampieing your oneitis, I decided on a better, more interactive way for y'all to learn the language... flashcards!!!

(Thanks to @Beastimmung for that idea, it's not an Anki Deck but it's in similar vein.)

Today, these flashcards will go over the glue of the language: subjects, objects, verbs, and conjugation of tenses!

Well, by that I'm referring to the building blocks of sentence structure. The subject does the action, while the object receives the action.

Remember in English (or insert other language) class when you learned about SVO, SOV, VSO, etc. structure? These are acronyms for the order in which the subject (S), object (O), and verb (V) are located within a sentence.

And guess what? Moggernese uses SVO structure, just like in English. Makes things a heck of a lot easier.

Subjects

Objects

Verbs

This set contains some verbs commonly used in everyday (including in the context of the forum) scenarios:

Conjugation of Tenses

In many languages, when an action is being expressed in different timeframes, verbs are written differently. In English, there is a difference between the present tense "eat" as opposed to the composed past tense "ate," for example.

In Romance languages, verbs are conjugated into their respective tenses based off of the infinitive form, which has its own stem. For example, in French the infinitive "manger" is conjugated to the present tense "mange/manges/mange/mangeons/mangez/mangent" by dropping the -er stem in the infinitive and adding the stem matching with the according subject.

Moggernese follows the Romance style of conjugation, mainly due to its effective systematization of defining tenses. However, Moggernese does not have different stems for different subjects except for two verbs: "to be" (bishiron) and "to be able to" (koogiron).

Hope you enjoy! If you have questions, feel free to ask me. Obrimogpog huig durk seegen jig!

@BongMog @Beastimmung @apemaxxed @emeraldglass @TRUE_CEL @Xangsane @Hoso @aspiringexcel @Rt-Rust1 @Octillionaire @RR2XCUP @PointOfNoReturn @lunin7 @slayer69 @Trilogy @garoupilled_ @mrriceguy @Jungcuck @thecel
mirin

don’t add too much though or else the language will get fucked up like this

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
So far, I have around 1060 words in the lexicon. I'm gonna continue adding to it for sure.

The grammatical structure of Moggernese is more or less identical to English (there are some nitpicky things I still need to sort out, such as whether to hyphenate inverted sentences), but the conjugations are more akin to French.
First you made a geography quiz for autists on an obscure forum on your birthday and now this.

Youre literally not even bad looking you could slay on tiktok while lipsyncing to audios.

Beyond over for mentalcels

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25938

Subjects

Objects

Verbs

Conjugation of Tenses

This nigga actually made the flashcards i thought its a joke

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14693, Deleted member 21467 and Deleted member 25938
mirin

don’t add too much though or else the language will get fucked up like this

Interesting vid, watching some of it rn.

Also mirin your sig hard jfl.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21467

• JFL
Reactions: Trilogy and aspiringexcel
@julianchicago @Mumbai Savior @pneumocystosis @sibience @rand anon @john2

• +1
Reactions: john2 and rand anon