Money under 18?

jesuischriste

jesuischriste

okay
Title. Is there any way to make money as a minor?

Not many, but I would try and start getting Cybersecurity certificates now like A+, Network+, Security+ and then as soon as you hit 18 you are way ahead of the curve and could get a 25/hr internship and they will pay for more training.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: garfshots, Stare, JustBeCurry and 1 other person
Prostitution

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8908 and sytyl
Construction

Content Marketing

Videography

Self teaching yourself programming is the way to go. High paying and you don’t need college if you get certificates and actually put in the work to learn your way around the programs. Lot of people going into the field but endless job opportunities opening up as the world only gets more and more reliant on software.

My friend dropped out of college after 2 years. Taught himself programming and 3 years later is making $250k per year.

Not many, but I would try and start getting Cybersecurity certificates now like A+, Network+, Security+ and then as soon as you hit 18 you are way ahead of the curve and could get a 25/hr internship and they will pay for more training.
good advice but no one will follow

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
Yo cyber security or computer science?

Yo cyber security or computer science?
Cybersecurity certificates, but I'm getting a degree in comp sci. It's still useful to know both no matter what you choose to do. Programming is useful for writing exploit code to hack into machines, and cybersecurity can help you better understand lower level code so you can further optimize

• +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry
Cybersecurity certificates, but I'm getting a degree in comp sci. It's still useful to know both no matter what you choose to do. Programming is useful for writing exploit code to hack into machines, and cybersecurity can help you better understand lower level code so you can further optimize
is there anything good i can do without a degree? my undergrad is going to be free but everything else i might have to pay for

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
is there anything good i can do without a degree? my undergrad is going to be free but everything else i might have to pay for
You can get some entry level 80k jobs with those certificates, as well as some good paying internships.

• +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry
Get a job at a fast food chain

Self teaching yourself programming is the way to go. High paying and you don’t need college if you get certificates and actually put in the work to learn your way around the programs. Lot of people going into the field but endless job opportunities opening up as the world only gets more and more reliant on software.

My friend dropped out of college after 2 years. Taught himself programming and 3 years later is making $250k per year.

I really don't get the people who throw around this advice and then don't follow it up with anything else. Bro, aren't you gonna mention the fact that you need a portfolio with top-notch projects that will separate you from people who literally go to bootcamps designed to teach them how to make just that? But surely it can't be that hard to have enough discipline, motivation, and IQ to self-teach something so well that employers choose to look at you over all the people with bootcamp/career experience and actual diplomas.

Not trying to shit on your idea. Becoming a software dev. or similar professions is great, but without any type of guidance or headers it's useless to throw around that advice. It's like the people who tell you to make an online business. If it were that easy, why isn't everyone doing it?

Affiliate marketing or an another high income skill