More than 1 in 7 men have no close friends. The way we socialize boys is to blame

autistic_tendencies

autistic_tendencies

Charisma Charm and Personality
Thirty years ago, a majority of men (55%) reported having at least six close friends. Today, that number has been cut in half, according to survey data. And 15% of men reported having no close friendships at all, a fivefold increase since 1990.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, PseudoMaxxer, WishIwasChico and 6 others
I dont even have distant friends. Ogre!

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, PseudoMaxxer and niqfan625
over tbh, have no friends.

society has let me down

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, Krakowski, PseudoMaxxer and 2 others
only 1 out of 100 man experience JB love and sex. only 1 out of 1000 of them get caught by fbi.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, PseudoMaxxer, niqfan625 and 2 others
I don't really know how to lock down friendships. My ADHD autism stack makes it difficult to understand and difficult to focus on.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Swarthy Knight, GnosticDemiurge and autistic_tendencies
I think I have 1 close friend, maybe 2 but IDK what the threshold is for "close" as I haven't had long or meaningful conversations with them in years (let alone face-to-face), mainly just sending a funny Instagram video once a week or fortnight.

• +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
i do have close friends how do I get rid of them to focus on sigma grindmaxxing

Thirty years ago, a majority of men (55%) reported having at least six close friends. Today, that number has been cut in half, according to survey data. And 15% of men reported having no close friendships at all, a fivefold increase since 1990.

Your wrong men not having friends is directly linked with the rise is men not having sexual access to WOMEN. Men are viewed in social rank by if they can get WOMEN and said rank of women. Men do not want to befriend losers who can't get pussy. Men have more respect for a guy with little to no friends but who has a decent looking women who acts decent. So if men don't want to be friends with women less losers and their is a RISE in men not getting sexual access of course your gonna see a major decline men friendships.

Has nothing to do with how men socialize. guys meet up in highschool/college or work or out at parks and concerts or shops in the city, what matters is your own SOCIAL RANK.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
So if men don't want to be friends with women less losers and their is a RISE in men not getting sexual access
Chicken or the egg scenario

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Krakowski, kanderior and stamaster21
i have close friends but i cant trust them so I don't consider them close anymore. life in 2023 is a race no one has time to stop and be a friend

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa and autistic_tendencies
I doubt its about numbers. 5 close friend is already good enough. Close means u hang out with them consistently once a week.

• +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
awful article

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30019
i have close friends but i cant trust them so I don't consider them close anymore. life in 2023 is a race no one has time to stop and be a friend
Isn't it paradoxical how we live at a time of unparalleled prosperity where people enjoy better material wealth, luxury and comfort than 99% of human history, yet life feels like a hyper-individualistic dog eat dog race to the top more than ever?

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Isn't it paradoxical how we live at a time of unparalleled prosperity where people enjoy better material wealth, luxury and comfort than 99% of human history, yet life feels like a hyper-individualistic dog eat dog race to the top more than ever?
Luxury is slavery

• +1
Reactions: lookmaxascend
I have one close friend:chad:

reporting in TBH

I have friends but none that I can call close friends