MagaPutinism

MagaPutinism

Swallow the duginpill
I Think it's 25

For refrence at 5' 10" 11% bf
156 lbs is 20 FFMI
187 Ibs is 24 FFMI

I've considered "ideal" FFMI alot.

In this study it says that cues of upper body strength account for most of the variance in men's bodily attractiveness - a HUGE cue i would assume would be muscle mass.
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspb.2017.1819

Now it seems obvious there would have to be a limit somewhere. We know body builders get more admiration from men rather than women.

So what is the line between normal but above average?

This study looks at the percentile of FFMI index of the population. See table 1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4684827/

The top 1% of the male population has a FFMI of 23.492.
The top 2% with 22.826
And the top 3% being 22.522

Note the big jump between the 1% and 2%, I have an idea this might have to do with some steroid users being SO above the norm it skews the 1%.

Importantly there are some things to consider, the 23.492 FFMI most definitely includes men with high muscle mass AND "high" fat mass. The study DID remove the obese from the the subject pool though so not too high.

So if you can make it to a "lean" FFMI of 23.492 you will be WELL above the top 1% of men atleast physically. Now the top 1% of men includes ALL men 22-80 years old. I imagine for a young man the percentages would skew maybe a TINIEST bit higher.

Might make a post on this. Haven't even talked about the Body Volume Index. There's a lot more science ti this than I think most people want to believe.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lautrec, trueceI, 5.5psl and 3 others
Is this basically the accurate way of measuring size (most people say height when they really mean overall size)?
Well body volume index is probably the most useful. I think there are certain ratio's like waist to shoulder ratio and neck width (which I think is an understated indicator or size) that also contribute heavily to how "big" someone looks.

If BVI was easier to measure I think it would be a great statistic to track.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
I've considered "ideal" FFMI alot.

In this study it says that cues of upper body strength account for most of the variance in men's bodily attractiveness - a HUGE cue i would assume would be muscle mass.
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspb.2017.1819

Now it seems obvious there would have to be a limit somewhere. We know body builders get more admiration from men rather than women.

So what is the line between normal but above average?

This study looks at the percentile of FFMI index of the population. See table 1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4684827/

The top 1% of the male population has a FFMI of 23.492.
The top 2% with 22.826
And the top 3% being 22.522

Note the big jump between the 1% and 2%, I have an idea this might have to do with some steroid users being SO above the norm it skews the 1%.

Importantly there are some things to consider, the 23.492 FFMI most definitely includes men with high muscle mass AND "high" fat mass. The study DID remove the obese from the the subject pool though so not too high.

So if you can make it to a "lean" FFMI of 23.492 you will be WELL above the top 1% of men atleast physically. Now the top 1% of men includes ALL men 22-80 years old. I imagine for a young man the percentages would skew maybe a TINIEST bit higher.

Might make a post on this. Haven't even talked about the Body Volume Index. There's a lot more science ti this than I think most people want to believe.
I want to be 24.9 ffmi, Is this an overkill?
I can see myself getting to the 1% of ffmi in the coming years so it must mean i get to slay

I want to be 24.9 ffmi, Is this an overkill?
I can see myself getting to the 1% of ffmi in the coming years so it must mean i get to slay
Yes, I think 24.9 FFMI is overkill. Not for all girls of course. I think you are most likely underestimating your body fat percentage. Once you get 9-12% body fat (which is probably even more important for body attractiveness than FFMI) you'll probably realize you don't have as much muscle as you think. 25 FFMI is "usually" considered Impossible without steroids.

Impossible for me to confirm but, it's important to watch out for any biases you might have.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
Yes, I think 24.9 FFMI is overkill. Not for all girls of course. I think you are most likely underestimating your body fat percentage. Once you get 9-12% body fat (which is probably even more important for body attractiveness than FFMI) you'll probably realize you don't have as much muscle as you think. 25 FFMI is "usually" considered Impossible without steroids.

Impossible for me to confirm but, it's important to watch out for any biases you might have.
Trust me i had a test they didn't lie to me, I am about 16%bf and 20 FFMI I can show you the proof if you don't believe me

I was 20% and lost 5 kilos which most of it was fat so i'm 16%

Trust me i had a test they didn't lie to me, I am about 16%bf and 20 FFMI I can show you the proof if you don't believe me
I believe you. Thats my bad bro, I must've misread reading you saying you had a higher FFMI.

You said you expected to get to the 1% of FFMI in a couple years though. That is a gain of almost 9 kg of lean mass, depending on your definition of a couple years (2 years?) that could be a hard goal to reach. Are you completly new to the gym?

• +1
Reactions: MagaPutinism
I believe you. Thats my bad bro, I must've misread reading you saying you had a higher FFMI.

You said you expected to get to the 1% of FFMI in a couple years though. That is a gain of almost 9 kg of lean mass, depending on your definition of a couple years (2 years?) that could be a hard goal to reach. Are you completly new to the gym?
I'm not completely new and i see building 9 more kg of lean mass very possible in 1 year or two

Yeah no
Too big starts at around 25.5+
How is that too big when a 6ft2 215lb 8% bf guy has an ffmi of 25.45?

Avg nfl player is around that size, granted this is skewed by the size moggers that weigh 280-300lb+

How is that too big when a 6ft2 215lb 8% bf guy has an ffmi of 25.45?

Avg nfl player is around that size, granted this is skewed by the size moggers that weigh 280-300lb+
8% is too lean
Besides that irl 25 is about bodybuilder size but I say 25.5 to be the absolute end of the too big spectrum. You cam go pretty big and not be considered too big especially if your frame is good

• Love it
Reactions: Chadelite
8% is too lean
Why is it too lean? Sprinters are around that bf %
Besides that irl 25 is about bodybuilder size but I say 25.5 to be the absolute end of the too big spectrum. You cam go pretty big and not be considered too big especially if your frame is good
30 ffmi mogs

Ronnie was 40ffmi

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 27472, MagaPutinism and 5.5psl