Most of you dont understand Jaw / Lefort surgery

S

sapp22

Iron
I have seen a lot of people recommend Lefort / Jaw / Orthognatic surgery just by looking at someone’s face. People saying you shouldn’t do implants that you need to do orthognathic surgery instead or that someone fucked up by getting implants instead of orthognathic, etc, etc. Thing is you cannot say that without looking inside someone’s mouth and looking at position of the teeth. the main objective of orthognathic surgery is to fix malocclusion not your face, that is secondary.

There are 3 classifications of occlusion:

The objective of orthognathic surgery is to reach class I occlusion, it is not to fix your face, although for most people it will do that aswell.

There’s also Skeletal Classification in which you can have a good Class I occlusion but your bones and your face look like you have class 3 or class 2 face. in which case they are not candidates for Orthognathic surgery because if you move the bones forwards or backwards you will give the patient class 2 or class 3 malocclusion, you cant give aesthetics instead of function, Patients with class II or III have a more difficult time eating, drinking, breathing or some might get TMJ problems. The skeletal classification is more complicated than that but there’s no need to get into it.
If you have a class II face with a class I bite like a lot of people here probably do (since class I its the most common occlusion), you are fucked. You need implants to reach the forward face growth you desire.

If the doctor decided to give implants instead of orthognathic surgery its for a reason, doctors know who needs and doesn’t need do orthognathic surgery, they are not trying to milk you by giving implants instead of orthognathic surgery.

EDIT: Your occlusion class is determined by the position of your first upper molar in relation with your first lower molar.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: GordonFreeman, Deleted member 5683, Gaia262 and 5 others
most people are recessed. we are not advising them to move 1 jaw???? we advice most guys to get bimax which will move the whole bite nose chin/lower maxilla etc.... how is that not atheistic!!!!!!! you will not end up with fucked up Occlusion if both jaws moved in symmetry. what are you even talking about!!!!!

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, CursedOne, Deleted member 7125 and 10 others
greycel post

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Danish_Retard, CursedOne, Deleted member 4416 and 7 others
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: KrissKross, CursedOne and thecel
No pics no care

Gaycel want to get access to best of the best

• JFL
Reactions: CrazyFitLover
Op why are you spewing BS?
I have god tier occlusion 1. I also have recessed lower jaw with sleep apnea and tmj pains. My surgeon is making my bite class 2 before the surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Deleted member 4797 and Deleted member 4430
Op why are you spewing BS?
I have god tier occlusion 1. I also have recessed lower jaw with sleep apnea and tmj pains. My surgeon is making my bite class 2 before the surgery
How is your dr doing that? I think I have a similar problem.

If the doctor decided to give implants instead of orthognathic surgery its for a reason, doctors know who needs and doesn’t need do orthognathic surgery, they are not trying to milk you by giving implants instead of orthognathic surgery.

bullshit. lots of surgeons don't know what they're doing and want to make quick bucks putting implants in people's faces. exceptions to the rule, but facial implants are mostly bullcrap quack solutions. I haven't read or heard about anyone keeping facial implants for longer than a couple of years.

not sure if serious tbh

Last edited: