moving to USA to work as a codecel?

Johnny_Sins

Johnny_Sins

Bronze
I plan on moving to the US after I finish my degree because codecels just don’t make shit even in the richest European countries.

I was also considering moving to EE to find a gf unironically but idk anymore, it’s too poor.

If the US is like some of you rotters say i’d have to be 6psl to compete for 2psl black single moms but at least i’d be rich.
I’m considering Texas but this is a new idea so idk yet.

• +1
Reactions: EdgyFashionist and Clqs
Too competitive

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: humanoidsub7, watah, Acion and 3 others
🇮🇳

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: shewantsme, UZB_Strebl and Johnny_Sins
Too competitive
Every good career is highly competitive. If you’re good at what you do, you don’t have to worry.

• +1
Reactions: watah, UZB_Strebl, Jonnyboi and 2 others
I plan on moving to the US after I finish my degree because codecels just don’t make shit even in the richest European countries.

I was also considering moving to EE to find a gf unironically but idk anymore, it’s too poor.

If the US is like some of you rotters say i’d have to be 6psl to compete for 2psl black single moms but at least i’d be rich.
Same

• +1
Reactions: Johnny_Sins
USA is the best place to work as a programmer, go for it

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: EdgyFashionist, ominion and Johnny_Sins

US is only extremely competitive dating wise for ethnics. If you’re white here it’s way easier than Europe.

Codecels make crazy amount of money here but the competition to land a job is way harder than in Europe. You’re up against crazy smart immigrants from China/India on top of whatever talent American college’s put out.

If you’re a top 1% skilled software engineer in the US you can probably get a job making 200K a year in your 20s and get to 300-400K a year by your 30s.

Another thing to be aware of is that US immigration is one of the strictest on the planet fyi. By far the most difficult country to legally immigrate to (European countries are really easy by comparison). I know a lot of people who moved here who lost their job and had to go back cause they couldn’t find a new job which would sponsor them for a visa in time.

• Woah

If your white it'll be fine, but you would need good eye area and be lean, as their are tons of fatties so if your used to slim white foids over their you will be in for a rude awakening, and will find that competition will be a lot for the few slim foids out their.

Obesity is common, 70% of the prime age are kinda fat, so not good

If your not white better be like top 10% face and body, and like 6ft, otherwise for white its like top 30% face and being lean and like 170cm at least to avoid problems.

I would move here in the short term if money is your main goal, but go back to your country to find a attractive women as america isn't abundant in them. Their are hot foids but their pretty narcy here

• +1

They import 3rd world sand niggers by the metric ton to code you won’t find any jobs

Every good career is highly competitive. If you’re good at what you do, you don’t have to worry.
It's competitive for UScels. To be a foreign worker on top of that is ridiculously competitive. They can only hire u if they prove they couldn't hire a US citizen

It's competitive for UScels. To be a foreign worker on top of that is ridiculously competitive. They can only hire u if they prove they couldn't hire a US citizen
The best thing to do then is to join a company in your country and try to transfer with them.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Best computer science field right now is actually cybersecurity because it cannot be taken over by AI yet, and the market isn't filled with cybersecurity analysts, it's filled with programmers. It's easier to get a job in cybersecurity and you can easily make six figures before you turn 30 if you graduate from college at 21-22.

• +1
its not that simple jfl

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
Get in line, there are hundreds of thousands of people with the same idea. Moving to the U.S. is extremely difficult if you're not rich, Canadian, very well respected in your field, married to a U.S. citizen, or have a very close relative who's a U.S. citizen and even then the process can take years

• +1
Reactions: Quantumphysics, 97baHater and ominion
its not that simple jfl
Get in line, there are hundreds of thousands of people with the same idea. Moving to the U.S. is extremely difficult if you're not rich, Canadian, very well respected in your field, married to a U.S. citizen, or have a very close relative who's a U.S. citizen and even then the process can take years
I have a good passport, I could probably move easily, but finding a job might be more difficult.

Idk, online it always seems like everyone tells me everywhere is hypercompetitive but then I speak to people irl and even the average lazy guys get jobs easily. I guess I won't know until I try.

I have a good passport, I could probably move easily, but finding a job might be more difficult.

Idk, online it always seems like everyone tells me everywhere is hypercompetitive but then I speak to people irl and even the average lazy guys get jobs easily. I guess I won't know until I try.
What do you even mean by a good passport? Are you Canadian? For example, I'm Dutch, and I couldn't move to the U.S. just because I wanted to. The same would go for the vast majority of well-off countries.

Finding a job will be extremely difficult, there's a quota on how many internationals the U.S. companies can receive each year, and the process is rather burdensome and costly so usually only huge tech companies would even engage in it en masse. Sponsoring a visa is very competitive, so these companies can be very picky and only choose the brightest applicants (you're competing with the whole world here).

If you're still a student, your best bet is to do your masters in the U.S. after which (if I recall this correctly) you can stay a couple of years if you land a job of some kind or internship. If that company then decides to hire you, and is willing to sponsor your work visa (and there are some restrictions on how quickly you can leave the said company), and you get the work visa, you can stay.

Of course, you'd have to deal with the debts attached to studying in the U.S. as well, so you better hope you land that job

For employment visa you will be competing with a million Indians and all of you will be in the same pool. That is on top of the fact that no one is hiring or ready to sponsor your visa.
Your passport only matters for tourism, with regards to employment all passports are treated the same.

What do you even mean by a good passport? Are you Canadian? For example, I'm Dutch, and I couldn't move to the U.S. just because I wanted to. The same would go for the vast majority of well-off countries.

Finding a job will be extremely difficult, there's a quota on how many internationals the U.S. companies can receive each year, and the process is rather burdensome and costly so usually only huge tech companies would even engage in it en masse. Sponsoring a visa is very competitive, so these companies can be very picky and only choose the brightest applicants (you're competing with the whole world here).

If you're still a student, your best bet is to do your masters in the U.S. after which (if I recall this correctly) you can stay a couple of years if you land a job of some kind or internship. If that company then decides to hire you, and is willing to sponsor your work visa (and there are some restrictions on how quickly you can leave the said company), and you get the work visa, you can stay.

Of course, you'd have to deal with the debts attached to studying in the U.S. as well, so you better hope you land that job
you could get a job in a multinational company with brach offices in europe and then get a transfer to the us

I am Canadian how exactly it is easy to move to the US?

you could get a job in a multinational company with brach offices in europe and then get a transfer to the us
You could, but it's not as straightforward as you write. Let me tell you why:

Most multinational companies have strict policies for international transfers. You typically need to work for them for at least 1-2 years before being eligible. Even then, there must be a legitimate business need for your transfer – your personal desire to move isn't enough.

The visa process for intra-company transfers (usually L-1 visas) is still complex. Your role needs to be specialized enough to justify bringing you from overseas. These visas are usually temporary (3-5 years), so it's not a direct path to permanent residency.

Competition for U.S. transfers is often fierce, especially to desirable locations. You'd need to prove your unique value to the company. While it's a possible route, it's far from a simple or guaranteed path to working in the U.S. It requires patience, exceptional performance, and a bit of luck with timing and business needs aligning.

I am Canadian how exactly it is easy to move to the US?
Well, it's easier relative to most other nations, but it's still not exactly a walk in the park. As a Canadian, you have access to the TN visa under the USMCA (formerly NAFTA), which is less complex than other work visas. However, you still need a job offer in a qualifying profession, and the visa is temporary and doesn't lead directly to permanent residency.

The main advantages for Canadians are:
  1. No annual quota on TN visas, unlike H-1B visas
  2. Faster processing times
  3. Lower application fees
  4. Ability to apply at the border
But keep in mind, that you'll still need to meet specific educational and professional requirements, and your stay is limited to 3 years at a time (though renewable). Also, transitioning from a TN to permanent residency can be tricky, as the TN is explicitly for temporary work.

So while it's certainly easier for Canadians, it's not an automatic ticket to living and working in the U.S. long-term. You'll still face challenges, especially if you're aiming for permanent immigration.

• +1
Reactions: Piratecel
You could, but it's not as straightforward as you write. Let me tell you why:

Most multinational companies have strict policies for international transfers. You typically need to work for them for at least 1-2 years before being eligible. Even then, there must be a legitimate business need for your transfer – your personal desire to move isn't enough.

The visa process for intra-company transfers (usually L-1 visas) is still complex. Your role needs to be specialized enough to justify bringing you from overseas. These visas are usually temporary (3-5 years), so it's not a direct path to permanent residency.

Competition for U.S. transfers is often fierce, especially to desirable locations. You'd need to prove your unique value to the company. While it's a possible route, it's far from a simple or guaranteed path to working in the U.S. It requires patience, exceptional performance, and a bit of luck with timing and business needs aligning.

Well, it's easier relative to most other nations, but it's still not exactly a walk in the park. As a Canadian, you have access to the TN visa under the USMCA (formerly NAFTA), which is less complex than other work visas. However, you still need a job offer in a qualifying profession, and the visa is temporary and doesn't lead directly to permanent residency.

The main advantages for Canadians are:
  1. No annual quota on TN visas, unlike H-1B visas
  2. Faster processing times
  3. Lower application fees
  4. Ability to apply at the border
But keep in mind, that you'll still need to meet specific educational and professional requirements, and your stay is limited to 3 years at a time (though renewable). Also, transitioning from a TN to permanent residency can be tricky, as the TN is explicitly for temporary work.

So while it's certainly easier for Canadians, it's not an automatic ticket to living and working in the U.S. long-term. You'll still face challenges, especially if you're aiming for permanent immigration.
by the time I will migrate those mfs will speak spanish jfl

Yes but do it this way:
  1. Make a new email address specifically for searching job searching. Something like: (your name).jobsearch@gmail.com a personalised email address will likely get you more replies (go search online for personalised email address services) an email address like jobsearch@(yourname).com will really make you stand out.
  2. Ask chatgpt to write you a CV, then upload that CV to chatgpt and ask them to create an email cover letter.
  3. Use the site hunter.io to help you find email addresses for companies you would like to work for.
  4. Personalise every email cover letter before sending to email addresses you have found.
  5. Aim to reach out to 40 leads (as they are called a day)
  6. Ask them if they can grant you a work visa if they are interested.
  7. Make sure to bump old emails 2-4 times if they are unread. Double the amount of time you take to bump an email so 1st = 1 day. 2nd = 2 days 3 rd= 4 days 4th = 8 days.
I recommend you refine your job search by creating a list of American cities you would like to live in and focus your job search on one city at a time whilst. This should make your job search more efficient.

hate to break it to you but your passport is fucking irrelevent buddy boyo (unless its from israel jfl). in order to move to the us you either need to get enough money to enroll in a university there or you need to get a job to sponsor your immigration, which is EXTREMELY difficult because it requires the company to prove that there is nobody already in the us that can perform your role (spoiler: there are already a fuck ton of coders in the us)

• So Sad