MSE vs Invisalign

KingScrew

KingScrew

Shalom Goyim
What's the difference?

Invisalign retracts your teeth, MSE expands and makes room (expanding your cranium)?

What is recommended for a single slightly misaligned front-tooth?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
What's the difference?

Invisalign retracts your teeth, MSE expands and makes room (expanding your cranium)?

What is recommended for a single slightly misaligned front-tooth?
you need high lefort 1 and MSE to fully fix that crooked front tooth

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab
It's over if you need either jfl

mse splits your palatal suture and then expands your palate.

Invisalign is mainly for aligning teeth, but it also can expand the palate a little bit in some cases @retard

• +1
Reactions: KingScrew and Deleted member 4053
mse splits your palatal suture and then expands your palate.

Invisalign is mainly for aligning teeth, but it also can expand the palate a little bit in some cases @retard

1. MSE(Expand palette, make room for forward/wide alignment) -> 2. Alignment (wide smile)

MSE seems so sketchy in my region... will talk it out with an Orthodontist on Thursday, see what he suggests (The assistant said he does MSE).
---
Option a: For the first step I think trying out the method suggested here (https://looksmax.org/threads/what-is-mse.62642/post-1115401) may be more appropriate (my problem is minor, but is centered around a single of the lateral incisor teeth that means it is rather striking).
250 euro palate expander (https://www.bracesshop.com/en/expanders/) (screwless -> potential self-treatment)

Option b: Follow the recommendations of an orthodontist and go outta pocket.

2. Need an alignment method that results in a wider smile and doesn't pull teeth in. Have heard Damon recommended here, but not sure how it compares to Invisalign.

I don’t think invisalign retracts your teeth tbh, it (at least visually) seems to slightly expand the palate, see /r/invisalign for before afters

You can’t really compare the two though, mse is for expanding your palate and invisalign is for fixing crowded teeth

• +1
Reactions: KingScrew
You can’t really compare the two though, mse is for expanding your palate and invisalign is for fixing crowded teeth
Yes... Thought I just extrapolated that above.

I don’t think invisalign retracts your teeth tbh, it (at least visually) seems to slightly expand the palate, see /r/invisalign for before afters
Good. I do believe it is the preferred mehtod.

Invisalign does not retract your teeth, it does not work the same way as braces do. It can actually give you 1-2mm of expansion (why I chose to get invisalign). I definitely benefited from having Invisalign, but it is just not the same as MSE. MSE can give you over 1cm of expansion and have an effect on not just the aesthetics of your smile, but other regions of your face as well. Two completely different procedures.

• +1
Reactions: fvolkek, SexyMofo, Piro and 3 others
Invisalign does not retract your teeth, it does not work the same way as braces do. It can actually give you 1-2mm of expansion (why I chose to get invisalign). I definitely benefited from having Invisalign, but it is just not the same as MSE. MSE can give you over 1cm of expansion and have an effect on not just the aesthetics of your smile, but other regions of your face as well. Two completely different procedures.
Thanks budd. Did you skip out on MSE?

Thanks budd. Did you skip out on MSE?
was unaware of MSE at the time I had started with invisalign. I do not think I would have qualified for MSE in that situation as it is meant to treat severe malocclusion. I am saving up to get MSE (possibly MSDO too) and am hoping to have it installed within the next two years and use it with the facebow.

Update. Short summary from the Orthodontist, a knowledgeable fellow and explained everything well in detail (we talked for about an hour):
> MSE is used on children under the age of 12. (I am 20) He said he had done the procedure [MSE] many times. Instead I would need Lefort.
> MSE (can't be justified/doesn't make sense) because [you] already have a well developed maxilla.
> Your mandible/maxilla won't be affected due to (wisdom) tooth removal at [your] age

Based on the above premises/assertions (which goes contrary to the information spread on here, and the case of Ronald Ead), I would receive the following treatment:
1. Remove a wisdom tooth in one side (I have a 0.75mm "forwardness" in one side, which I have to eliminate)
2. Pull BACK the particular side with the room from the removed tooth.
3. Align the top and bottom for a proper bite/smile using Invisalign or metal brackets which is what he recommended.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
Update. Short summary from the Orthodontist, a knowledgeable fellow and explained everything well in detail (we talked for about an hour):
> MSE is used on children under the age of 12. (I am 20) He said he had done the procedure [MSE] many times. Instead I would need Lefort.
> MSE (can't be justified/doesn't make sense) because [you] already have a well developed maxilla.
> Your mandible/maxilla won't be affected due to (wisdom) tooth removal at [your] age

Based on the above premises/assertions (which goes contrary to the information spread on here, and the case of Ronald Ead), I would receive the following treatment:
1. Remove a wisdom tooth in one side (I have a 0.75mm "forwardness" in one side, which I have to eliminate)
3. Align the top and bottom for a proper bite/smile using Invisalign or metal brackets which is what he recommended.
Autistic orthodontist. So many flaws in that summary, try a new one

You get removable expander like 21st century thing

My teeth expanded along with the bone with visible bone shifting

If u wanna go past that capacity might end up sounding like that guy from yt

• +1
My teeth expanded along with the bone with visible bone shifting

If u wanna go past that capacity might end up sounding like that guy from yt
Thanks, what device did you use, I expressed clearly my dissatisfaction with removing teeth - yet that was his only suggestion.
Also one would expect slow pressure as I chew that causes the poor realignment to resurface, if I only remove on one side.

Only if you have serious crossbite you can get mse without msdo.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab
like the ones u linked

they took a mold and made it

• +1

That's a typical old school orthodonist not aware of asthetics and breathing. If that's the case and he's so experienced how come doctors like Dr.Ting in LA and Dr.Newaz in NYC do MSE for adults?

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers and KingScrew