MSE vs ZSO + invisalign

Ampere

Ampere

Silver
I think there is actually too much downsides to MSE (when considered as a purely esthetical procedure).

MSE has 2 main aesthetic benefits :
- wider smile
- better zygo projection

Wider smile : As long as your upper jaw isn't something like at least 2 standard deviations smaller than the average IMW is cope. This is the kind of autistic measure that would only get you praised on aspie internet forums. In fact, you can get a wider smile without the need of MSE, just with invisalign or braces, except if you already got orthodontic treatment that completely maxxed out your potential of course.

Zygo projection : MSE has the big disadvantage of being prone to asymetry, just look at Ronald Ead's experience. ZSO is a much more precise procedure. This is a cut made by a surgeon, not a distraction device.

ZSO also leaves you with much less "downtime", MSE is a big fucking chunk of metal on your palate that you will keep for 2 to 3 months, leaving a big gap in your upper front teeth that will need to resorb with braces, which again can take some time. Whereas concerning ZSO, after 2 weeks you will be back to a normal life and 1 month after you'll be left with negligible bloat in that area.

Finally the alar base widening from MSE can be a big no-no for a lot of people. If you need to have a rhino down the line, then it's a non-argument. But if you don't need a rhino, don't make yourself need one by getting a big wide nose.

Of course MSE mogs from a functional point of view (nasal breathing ability), but that's not at all my main concern.

Me waiting for you guys to tear me to shreds for missing an advantage about MSE invalidating my entire wall of text :
Damien

I must have MSE for my narrow palate. No other options.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the widening of my beautiful narrow caucasoid alar base

I must have MSE for my narrow palate. No other options.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the widening of my beautiful narrow caucasoid alar base
Why ? So that a cock can fit ?
No seriously, have you seen an orthodontist and talked about smile widening ?

The other option is to get palate widening without MSE, like ngl, the thing we mocked before might actually be aesthetically beneficial jfl :lul:
Same, my nose from front is damn fine, and side profile will be fixed by bimax, I really don't want to ruin it.

• JFL
Reactions: Constantin Denis
Why ? So that a cock can fit ?
No seriously, have you seen an orthodontist and talked about smile widening ?

The other option is to get palate widening without MSE, like ngl, the thing we mocked before might actually be aesthetically beneficial jfl :lul:
Same, my nose from front is damn fine, and side profile will be fixed by bimax, I really don't want to ruin it.
Yes, and he recommended MSE. I need it for my smile, my palate, my mouth, my zygos and my maxilla

Yes, and he recommended MSE. I need it for my smile, my palate, my mouth, my zygos and my maxilla
Fuark an ortho that knows about MSE, here in France there's like max 5 orthos that know about this. What about maxilla width ? A narrow maxilla with wider zygos allows for hollow cheeks

Fuark an ortho that knows about MSE, here in France there's like max 5 orthos that know about this. What about maxilla width ? A narrow maxilla with wider zygos allows for hollow cheeks
It expands the maxilla. When coupled with the FM, it causes an upswung and more forward maxilla.

It expands the maxilla. When coupled with the FM, it causes an upswung and more forward maxilla.
Yeah but my question is : is maxilla width expansion really desirable ?
And FM is cope IIRC (maybe it works on youngcels that wear it 20h per day for 1 year but I'm 23 and can't wear it so much)