Mogged

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: boss8055, AsGoodAsItGets, 5.5psl and 9 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 5.5psl, Deleted member 20399, Deleted member 1140 and 5 others
@ceo i can’t reply to your post, but that wasn’t trets fault it’s my fault for incorrect usage

and I found something wrong in my skincare routine that was drying out my skin even further that wasn’t tret lol

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, 5.5psl, Deleted member 1140 and 3 others
If you are already old with no fat in your face than tret is good for getting rid of wrinkles.

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero and Deleted member 23558
If you are already old with no fat in your face than tret is good for getting rid of wrinkles.
Is 29 a good age to start tret?

Is 29 a good age to start tret?
Damn i started last year at 19 , (20 now ) but i think earlier the better because you can prevent your aging significantly

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and Deleted member 27472
Damn i started last year at 19 , (20 now ) but i think earlier the better because you can prevent your aging significantly
i already started last year, in august, but people say muh fat pads, my fat pads were already gone by then

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27472 and edodalic29
i already started last year, in august, but people say muh fat pads, my fat pads were already gone by then
Just dont put it under your eyes but my face looks way more chiseled now , i had bad fat distribution on my face and i believe tret is slimming my nose also so to me this is lifefuel

• +1
Reactions: TheDragon, Deleted member 27472 and andy9432
Just dont put it under your eyes but my face looks way more chiseled now , i had bad fat distribution on my face and i believe tret is slimming my nose also so to me this is lifefuel
the nose thing, also happened to me! thats why i continue to use this stuff. Sure my dark circles maybe have gotten slightly worse, but they were bad to begin with. My nose is very good for being a hapa (mom has a wide as fuck asian nose)

• Love it
Reactions: edodalic29
Exactly fat pad shit is cope, just don’t use under eyes imo

• +1
Reactions: GigaAscender, 5.5psl and edodalic29
Good to know

the nose thing, also happened to me! thats why i continue to use this stuff. Sure my dark circles maybe have gotten slightly worse, but they were bad to begin with. My nose is very good for being a hapa (mom has a wide as fuck asian nose)
isnt better to just use in the nose then?

i have thich skin in the nose, i dont want to use tret cause i saw permanent effects is some people.

i saw a tiktok video with a 36 yo guy who looked like he was 21

i will try to find and post it here , i think skincare is the main reason

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 27472
This hurts my head to look at

i saw a tiktok video with a 36 yo guy who looked like he was 21

i will try to find and post it here , i think skincare is the main reason
JFL

@Maesthetics=King

it's him, I found his before after (he had cheek implant jfl) , I saw him then on tiktok, reminding me at the same time of this "deja vu". Ill try to find this guy on tiktok but I don't have his name, it may be hard but 100% hes 36 yo
Screenshot 20230612 052251 Samsung Internet

On tiktok he looked even younger

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
Jfl at using it if you’re young. It’s meant to palliate, not prevent wrinkles.

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero
Literally dries skin, makes it susceptible to UV (thus susceptible to photoaging) and increases the cell division (with division comes aging)

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero
Does it reduce bloating

• JFL
Reactions: 5.5psl and Schizomogger
Literally dries skin, makes it susceptible to UV (thus susceptible to photoaging) and increases the cell division (with division comes aging)
It doesn’t apply to skin cells they don’t have a division limit, otherwise tret wouldn’t work on older people

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Tretinoin only affects the skin. It does not penetrate all the way to the fat pads. It barely penetrates to the second layer of the skin, let alone the subcutaneous fat that's way underneath.

Tretinoin does however smooth out the skin, and that may give the impression your nose got more slender, for example.

Avoid using it on your under-eyes though, as the skin there is particularly thin and sensitive and may not tolerate tretinoin well (leading to a more sunken look / dark circles).

Facial fat loss during tretinoin treatment is therefore to be blamed on external factors, unless the amount of tretinoin applied is high enough to induce an absurd excess of vitamin A (hypervitaminosis), which I don't think would be possible even if you slathered yourself head to toe with 0.1% tretinoin.

Now, am I saying that it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE that some users experience facial fat loss while using tretinoin?
Obviously, no. Everyone is different and there may indeed people who are so susceptible to tretinoin's vitamin A that a few weeks of application is enough to face unwanted consequences. Or, they may just be very susceptible to tretinoin itself.

But still, there is zero scientific evidence that tretinoin damages fat pads leading to an older-looking face, whereas there is plenty of evidence it stimulates collagen production to a degree that prevents it from sagging.
Tretinoin is a mostly well-understood treatment that has been around for a very long time, there are SO MANY people who have been using it for 20+ years with no long term side effects. It doesn't make much sense to focus on fearmongering anecdotal information that applies to an insignificant amount of people.
It would be like refusing to do heart surgery that could save your life because there's a 1 in 20.000 chance the doctors fuck up and you die on the operating table.

One has to consider risks and benefits, and then take the most reasonable decision. If you want treatments and products that are 100% effective with 0% risk of side effects, you simply will never find anything.

This is a looksmaxxing forum. If you spread misinformation that will make users refrain from using something that could benefit their looks greatly, you are defeating the purpose of the forum.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, blinemaxxer, shalomnigga and 9 others
Tret + daily sunscreen = best anti-aging combo.

Even normie foids don't use sunscreen on a daily basis.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and FutureSlayer
Tretinoin only affects the skin. It does not penetrate all the way to the fat pads. It barely penetrates to the second layer of the skin, let alone the subcutaneous fat that's way underneath.

Tretinoin does however smooth out the skin, and that may give the impression your nose got more slender, for example.

Avoid using it on your under-eyes though, as the skin there is particularly thin and sensitive and may not tolerate tretinoin well (leading to a more sunken look / dark circles).

Facial fat loss during tretinoin treatment is therefore to be blamed on external factors, unless the amount of tretinoin applied is high enough to induce an absurd excess of vitamin A (hypervitaminosis), which I don't think would be possible even if you slathered yourself head to toe with 0.1% tretinoin.

Now, am I saying that it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE that some users experience facial fat loss while using tretinoin?
Obviously, no. Everyone is different and there may indeed people who are so susceptible to tretinoin's vitamin A that a few weeks of application is enough to face unwanted consequences. Or, they may just be very susceptible to tretinoin itself.

But still, there is zero scientific evidence that tretinoin damages fat pads leading to an older-looking face, whereas there is plenty of evidence it stimulates collagen production to a degree that prevents it from sagging.
Tretinoin is a mostly well-understood treatment that has been around for a very long time, there are SO MANY people who have been using it for 20+ years with no long term side effects. It doesn't make much sense to focus on fearmongering anecdotal information that applies to an insignificant amount of people.
It would be like refusing to do heart surgery that could save your life because there's a 1 in 20.000 chance the doctors fuck up and you die on the operating table.

One has to consider risks and benefits, and then take the most reasonable decision. If you want treatments and products that are 100% effective with 0% risk of side effects, you simply will never find anything.

This is a looksmaxxing forum. If you spread misinformation that will make users refrain from using something that could benefit their looks greatly, you are defeating the purpose of the forum.
This should be a separate pinned post. Im tired of seeing threads where people "debunk" tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: looksseg
how easy is it to get doctor to prescribe it

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC

Dnrd

@IndraBC what's funny chapo

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
tret only "ruins" your skin if you dont moisturize

Also, why don't you mention deep chemical peels? That shit is godsend.