Muscle Hyperplasia for Aesthetics: Questions

HealthBrahhh

HealthBrahhh

Iron
Getting back into working out and my coach gave me a plan focusing on hyperplasia telling me going straight for hypertophy wouldn't be intelligent since I'm a beginner (~1.5 years). My goal is to achieve the most aesthetic physique possible I could get

1. Can training for muscle hyperplasia enhance muscle shape and definition more effectively than going straight for hypertrophy?

2. How to balance hypertrophy and hyperplasia for optimal muscle size and symmetry?

3. Which muscle groups benefit most from hyperplasia for aesthetic purposes?

4. What intensity and volume are ideal for promoting hyperplasia with aesthetic goals?

5. Are there specific nutrition or supplements that support hyperplasia for better muscle definition?

6. How crucial is recovery for achieving aesthetic results through hyperplasia?

7. Any personal experiences with hyperplasia leading to noticeable aesthetic improvements?

8. How much do genetics affect the ability to achieve aesthetic benefits from hyperplasia?

9. What are the long-term aesthetic outcomes of focusing on hyperplasia?

10. Recommended resources or research on hyperplasia’s impact on aesthetics?

muscle hyperplasia is not possible in humans period, what did your trainer mean exactly?
maybe he means an increase in sarcomere but the muscle cells themselves can't split

Ask him

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HealthBrahhh
My trainer made me a plan for me to start with hyperplasia-based training to increase muscle fiber count and then it would be followed by hypertrophy training to enlarge the muscle fibers. As far as i know it really was to boost the number of fibers, while hypertrophy would later focus on increasing the size of those fibers for enhanced muscle growth

What exactly do you suggest me to ask him?

My trainer made me a plan for me to start with hyperplasia-based training to increase muscle fiber count and then it would be followed by hypertrophy training to enlarge the muscle fibers. As far as i know it really was to boost the number of fibers, while hypertrophy would later focus on increasing the size of those fibers for enhanced muscle growth

What exactly do you suggest me to ask him?
if he is talking about muscle fibers or myofibrils, the latter is possible

• +1
if he is talking about muscle fibers or myofibrils, the latter is possible
According to gpt "A push-pull-legs (PPL) training program is effective for stimulating myofibrillar hyperplasia. It offers balanced muscle engagement, incorporates progressive overload, and allows for varied rep ranges and frequencies, which supports overall muscle growth and adaptation."

Thoughts? Would you suggest me to just make myself my own routine while keeping the rehab and specific exercises he chose for my physiology? (Instead of following his program purely focused on hyperplasia)

According to gpt "A push-pull-legs (PPL) training program is effective for stimulating myofibrillar hyperplasia. It offers balanced muscle engagement, incorporates progressive overload, and allows for varied rep ranges and frequencies, which supports overall muscle growth and adaptation."

Thoughts? Would you suggest me to just make myself my own routine while keeping the rehab and specific exercises he chose for my physiology? (Instead of following his program purely focused on hyperplasia)
the problem is the terminology, an increase in muscle fibers (cells) is hyperplasia an increase in muscle MYOfibrils (organelles) is not hyperplasia, yes it's possible but the terminology is wrong, no idea how it is called but it is not hyperplasia
not every certified fitness trainer is necceserily a nerd or know that much about what they talk about besides being big
@Rawprimalooks this is my message to you too

if you don't believe just search on google, medical sources online legally have to be accurate

• +1
What u talking about i know then i do miyofibrillar hypertrophy (hyperplasia)and the sarcoplastmic
the problem is the terminology, an increase in muscle fibers (cells) is hyperplasia an increase in muscle MYOfibrils (organelles) is not hyperplasia, yes it's possible but the terminology is wrong, no idea how it is called but it is not hyperplasia
not every certified fitness trainer is necceserily a nerd or know that much about what they talk about besides being big
@Rawprimalooks this is my message to you too

if you don't believe just search on google, medical sources online legally have to be accurate

• JFL
Reactions: MagaPutinism
muscle hyperplasia is not possible in humans period, what did your trainer mean exactly?
maybe he means an increase in sarcomere but the muscle cells themselves can't split

Ask him
I have a degree in exercise physiology. This is it… there is no evidence of hyperplasia in humans. Jfl

• +1
Reactions: HealthBrahhh and MagaPutinism
I have a degree in exercise physiology. This is it… there is no evidence of hyperplasia in humans. Jfl
So it's better to focus on hypertophy?

all fcking cope except food sleep and overload