Music is making you more non-NT, (nonNTcels GTFIN)

starvecell

starvecell

parents are never wrong
So I recently blew out my left eardrum (don’t ask how, it’s tragic), and the doc told me to avoid all earphones or music for at least 3 months. I thought, “Okay, I’ll live.” But then something wild happened…

Week 1: Verbal Upgrade:feelshah:

One week in, I noticed I wasn’t stumbling over my words anymore. Like, suddenly, I wasn’t that awkward guy who couldn’t think of what to say. IRL convos? Smooth as butter. (No, not talking about typing posts on here, everyone.)

Week 2: Going Outside Voluntarily?:feelsez:

By the second week, I wanted to go out more. (Yeah, I was shocked too.) And it wasn’t just that—I started moving differently. Like, my body language was on point, as if I knew what I was doing for once. Didn’t even take up a new hobby—just stopped blasting music 24/7.

Week 4: Anxiety? Never Met Him:feelshmm:

One month in, and my anxiety had hit an all-time low. It’s like when you face your problems instead of drowning them in music, your brain decides, “Okay, we got this.” Not only that, but I started owning up to things—taking responsibility instead of playing victim. (Crazy, right? Actually being an adult for once.)

Month 2: Welcome to the Masculinity Show:chad:

Fast forward to two months, and I’m basically oozing masculine energy. I had this sexy smirk going on 24/7, girls started laughing at my jokes, and my confidence was off the charts. I swear, I was like a walking alpha movie character. All because I stopped tuning into my Spotify like it was a life support system.

The Crash: Music’s Addictive Comeback:feelstrash:

So, last week, the doc says my ears are good to go, and I’m like, “Cool, time to blast my tunes again.” Big mistake. Within one week of listening to music again, I started feeling like a kid, playing victim, not taking responsibility, and stumbling over my words. All because I listened to music. FOR. A. WEEK. It’s addictive, like straight-up brain candy.

The Connection?:feelsmage:

Ever notice how some people are always blasting music? I think it plays like a 70% role in making them less socially confident. I’m not even talking about looks here—those obviously play a huge role in confidence—but this advice is for those who feel a bit off socially. Try cutting out music for a week—seriously, it worked for me. Maybe it’ll work for you too.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Phxx, donkeyskin, whotthehell and 9 others
bumpiosa:feelsmage:

• +1
Reactions: gookcelriceR and YungTrappa
High IQ yet people will overlook this

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: donkeyskin, whotthehell, perpetuallytired and 6 others
Gonna try

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: whotthehell, NZb6Air and starvecell
You mean music altogether or just earphones? If you mean earphones I agree.

• +1
Reactions: Nirvana, Clqs and starvecell
Agree thanks for the reminder

• +1
Reactions: Fusionxz and starvecell
You mean music altogether or just earphones? If you mean earphones I agree.
mainly earphones... some low volume mood setting music in background for small time wont hurt

To add to the thread, ever since I stopped using earphones I no longer feel inhibited when blasting music around my family unless I am listening to something straight up autistic.

• Love it
Reactions: starvecell
I think it is specifically the part you said "Drowning out thoughts by BLASTING Music 24/7 with headphones"
thats the dangerous part and makes you not grounded, thats why you felt more masculine without it because you become grounded(y)

• +1
Reactions: Fusionxz, Clark69 and starvecell
thats brutal music is one of my biggest copes but its true listening to music gives you mental illness

• +1
might be the dumbest thing i've ever read

• +1
Time to go on a music/dopamine detox again. I will only listen to music again next year.

Wearing headphones and using bluetooth is the biggest part of it @Never Get Up

And allowing time for silence and boredom in your day increases creativitiy

• +1
Reactions: Nirvana, Never Get Up and starvecell
So I recently blew out my left eardrum (don’t ask how, it’s tragic), and the doc told me to avoid all earphones or music for at least 3 months. I thought, “Okay, I’ll live.” But then something wild happened…

Week 1: Verbal Upgrade:feelshah:

One week in, I noticed I wasn’t stumbling over my words anymore. Like, suddenly, I wasn’t that awkward guy who couldn’t think of what to say. IRL convos? Smooth as butter. (No, not talking about typing posts on here, everyone.)

Week 2: Going Outside Voluntarily?:feelsez:

By the second week, I wanted to go out more. (Yeah, I was shocked too.) And it wasn’t just that—I started moving differently. Like, my body language was on point, as if I knew what I was doing for once. Didn’t even take up a new hobby—just stopped blasting music 24/7.

Week 4: Anxiety? Never Met Him:feelshmm:

One month in, and my anxiety had hit an all-time low. It’s like when you face your problems instead of drowning them in music, your brain decides, “Okay, we got this.” Not only that, but I started owning up to things—taking responsibility instead of playing victim. (Crazy, right? Actually being an adult for once.)

Month 2: Welcome to the Masculinity Show:chad:

Fast forward to two months, and I’m basically oozing masculine energy. I had this sexy smirk going on 24/7, girls started laughing at my jokes, and my confidence was off the charts. I swear, I was like a walking alpha movie character. All because I stopped tuning into my Spotify like it was a life support system.

The Crash: Music’s Addictive Comeback:feelstrash:

So, last week, the doc says my ears are good to go, and I’m like, “Cool, time to blast my tunes again.” Big mistake. Within one week of listening to music again, I started feeling like a kid, playing victim, not taking responsibility, and stumbling over my words. All because I listened to music. FOR. A. WEEK. It’s addictive, like straight-up brain candy.

The Connection?:feelsmage:

Ever notice how some people are always blasting music? I think it plays like a 70% role in making them less socially confident. I’m not even talking about looks here—those obviously play a huge role in confidence—but this advice is for those who feel a bit off socially. Try cutting out music for a week—seriously, it worked for me. Maybe it’ll work for you too.
Actually not surprised tbh. Though I imagine the type of music you listen to influences this.

• +1
Wearing headphones and using bluetooth is the biggest part of it @Never Get Up

And allowing time for silence and boredom in your day increases creativitiy
Dopamine detox