Muslims respect and defend Jesus more than most Western Christians do

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
I say this as being neither Muslim nor Christian.

In response to the Olympic feast display multiple countries in MENA censored or cut the display of the last supper mockery

Reports indicate that broadcasts of the ceremony were cut or censored on television in Algeria, Morocco, Turkey
Also
Iran’s Foreign Ministry summoned the French ambassador for the insulting representation of Jesus Christ during the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, Iranian media reported.
Even in Egypt the Al-Azhar one of the most highly regarded institutions for studies in religious law, theology, and Arabic for Sunni Muslims condemned the action stating
"These scenes depict Jesus Christ in an offensive manner, disrespecting his honorable person and the high status of prophecy in a reckless barbaric way that does not respect the feelings of believers in religions and high human morals and values,”

I would also draw attention to the timeline of these statements. The ceremony occured on the 26th of July and these statements were made by the 28th, so within 2 days prominent Muslim nations and institutions give out strongly worded statements.

Meanwhile the Vatican, the home of Catholicism where theologically it is believed Jesus sent Peter to set his kingdom on Earth overseen by the Holy Spirit, successors to arguably the most successful empire waits until the 3rd of August more than a week after the event to give a meekly worded statement and well after Muslim countries condemned it.

The Holy See was saddened by certain scenes at the opening ceremony of the Paris Olympic Games, and can only join the voices that have been raised in recent days to deplore the offence caused to many Christians and believers of other religions.

In a prestigious event where the whole world gathers around common values, there should be no allusions ridiculing the religious convictions of many people.

Freedom of expression, which of course is not in question, finds its limit in respect for others.
Nothing said about the blasphemous display, nothing about mocking Jesus last interactions he had with his disciples before being crucified the commandments he gave for the communion. Just a weak worded 'The Holy see was saddened, caused offence etc.'

Quite crazy how this is happening.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: maarda, Mewton, n9wiff and 2 others
zero reply pilled

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
One of the dumbest things about Islam is that they have this retarded reverence for Christians and Jews.

When Christians captured Muslim areas they usually genocided the Muslims (in Russia) or expelled them all (in Spain/Balkans/Italy).

On the other hand the Ottomans, Arabs, and the Golden Horde ruled over like 40% of Europe combined and basically didn’t do anything other than tax Christians slightly higher lol.

It’s bit them in the ass like dozens of times now lmao

• +1
Reactions: maarda, arabcelxxx, HarrierDuBois and 1 other person
One of the dumbest things about Islam is that they have this retarded reverence for Christians and Jews.

When Christians captured Muslim areas they usually genocided the Muslims (in Russia) or expelled them all (in Spain/Balkans/Italy).

On the other hand the Ottomans, Arabs, and the Golden Horde ruled over like 40% of Europe combined and basically didn’t do anything other than tax Christians slightly higher lol.

It’s bit them in the ass like dozens of times now lmao
I need to read more about the Ottomans and the history they were fascinating, they spanned such a large and diverse area of people and religions yet managed to maintain it without frequently resorting to genocide. In my opinion the collapse of the Ottoman empire was history's most disastrous event. It resulted in ethnic cleansings, mass population transfer the genocide of turks in the Balkans a rise of nationalism and extremism in Muslim areas but also a power vacuum that allowed to Soviets to ravage EE for decades come.

I don't think many nations and areas of the Islamic world as well as European states by in large has recovered ever since its collapse

• +1
Reactions: maarda
I’ve had this thought too and I’m not religious either so not biased one way or the other either. I thought about how Israel kills Palestinian children, including Christians, and destroys centuries old churches there, but that’s not a dealbreaker for Western Christians at all, they’ll keep making excuses for it and literally anything else Israel does.

There’s an even broader discussion to be had, how the older generations in especially America are way too ok with millions of people dying (unless they’re Jews) or complete degeneracy, where other cultures (including Muslim ones) are not. For instance, the attitudes towards Hiroshima and Nagasaki, most American boomers and older think it’s to be celebrated that the USAAF microwaved hundreds of thousands of innocent people alive. The rest of the world does not. American boomers and older are the absolute nadir of morality, that the world will take literally millions of years to recover from.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
I’ve had this thought too and I’m not religious either so not biased one way or the other either. I thought about how Israel kills Palestinian children, including Christians, and destroys centuries old churches there, but that’s not a dealbreaker for Western Christians at all, they’ll keep making excuses for it and literally anything else Israel does.

There’s an even broader discussion to be had, how the older generations in especially America are way too ok with millions of people dying (unless they’re Jews) or complete degeneracy, where other cultures (including Muslim ones) are not. For instance, the attitudes towards Hiroshima and Nagasaki, most American boomers think it’s to be celebrated that the USAAF microwaved hundreds of thousands of innocent people alive. The rest of the world does not. American boomers are the absolute nadir of morality, that the world will take literally millions of years to recover from.
I think that is mostly an American protestant train of thought they believe that the state of Israel needs to do certain things in order to bring about the end times. American supporting Israel will help that and I don't believe this strain of thought occurs in Catholicism or Orthodoxy. Many of the churches destroyed are apostolic so American protestant boomers don't know or frankly give a fuck because thats how ignorant they are. Many people don't know this but the most highly regarded city the Holy Sepulchre for both Catholics and Orthodox has been overseen by a single Muslim family for over one thousand years now.

I am personally torn on Israel vs Palestine. I on one hand believe the Palestinians deserve a state of their own but their decision not to take the two state solution during the Oslo accords was a death knell. A lot of nationalism and extremism in that region ensued after Britain fucked the handling of the land and its distribution before that during the Ottoman regime Jews, Christians and Muslims co-existed within the region, the collapse of the Ottomans destabilises the region to this day.

To the morality issue imo I think thats a result of rampant individualism and Western exceptionalism its almost like a belief that they are a one of one and justified in any doing.

• +1
Reactions: Whatever
If they make fun of the Lord Jesus Christ, then they aren't Christians. Why are you falsely labelling them as such?

It's even an unforgiveable sin in the scripture? Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

“I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. 9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. 10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Luke 12:8-10

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
If they make fun of the Lord Jesus Christ, then they aren't Christians. Why are you falsely labelling them as such?

It's even an unforgiveable sin in the scripture? Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

“I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. 9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. 10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Luke 12:8-10
I don't think the people making fun of Jesus were Christians, its just that Christians across the West barely respond if at all to such events where Muslims in countries dethatched from Europe do so.

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
Ofcourse that took place in France, the liberal shithole of degeneracy

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, n9wiff and maarda