MUST READ *WARNING* if you're thinking about orthodontics

D

Doomer

Iron
This is very important advice btw please actually listen

The only bone structure changes I needed to ascend is a wider palate and corrected overbite. At least they put in some appliance that basically instantly fixes my overbite. Appliance is a pain and I'm sure some orthotropic appliance Mike Mew uses is way better. I live in the USA so no chance I can visit him. But the appliance does the job without pulling back the maxilla, so I can't complain too much since instead I could've gotten elastics I'd never wear.

Crazy part is, members on this forum already know how to fix an overbite at home. The appliance just forces you to permajut until your teeth match. Jutting, hardmewing, and maybe facepulling would've done the job. For any overbitecels, obviously be caerful and do your research, but you can literally jut and hardmew, and maybe facepull your mandible or something, and it'll be fixed.

But then, instead of expanding my palate, they put some cucked thing at the top of my mouth that forcefully holds my first molars in place. And it reduces the effectiveness of mewing. So I can't thumbpull or do anything for almost a year and my palate is just held at 28mm :feelswhy:. And I'm getting braces too. I won't be done with this treatment until I graduate high school. At least that's what I need for straight teeth, so that's fine, but I literally NEED a wider maxilla. So I'm just stuck with a narrow palate, bad airway, no cheekbones, and poor under-eye support. The braces will probably tilt my teeth out, but I doubt I'm seeing any authentic facial changes. Pretty sure I got SCAMMED. To anyone with a narrow palate, thumbpull and regularly push your tongue on the sides of your palate as hard as you can to expand it, or just order a custom orthotropic expander that works on back palate mostly.

I'm 16. Instead, if I spent 1 year at home fixing my overbite and expanding my palate on my own, I could've first fixed my bones and now I'm good-looking at 17 and it's all good. My teeth would be just a little crooked, and I'll get Invisalign. I just never realized you can DIY and how effective it is. I could literally have saving thousands of dollars and having a better life.

My point is, orthodontics is never about aesthetics, and it's SINGULAR purpose is straightening the teeth. Correct treatment is CRUCIAL to aesthetics, and DIY will give way better results. If you have a narrow palate or an overbite, try to DIY at home. You can make structural changes, but you can't straighten your teeth at home though, so get braces or Invisalign. Obviously, do your research and don't blindly trust, but it's possible to achieve results, just don't be an idiot and bonesmash your chin or cheekbones backwards or something like that. But you can fix any structural problem at home, just not regular crooked teeth. And obviously if it's just crooked teeth, any dentist or orthodontist can easily fix it.

It now seems like I will be losing my teen years, and I'll never get to really "experience" them much. I'm going to literally have to wait until post-graduation just to be able to finally expand my palate. And finally in college I'll make it.

TL;DR - Don't get orthodontics unless it's just normal crooked teeth. You can fix any facial structure problems far more effectively at home. You save money and it's low-risk. The "just bonesmash" people on this forum are probably giving you better advice than someone telling you to go visit an orthodontist and get it treated.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Vanilla, 5'7 zoomer, TechnoBoss and 2 others
All my teen years just gone GGs never getting these years back :lul: :feelswhy:
Hope nobody else has to experience this just do your stuff at home trust

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend
You are 16, teen years are until 19 and even then people still feel young

What if you have crooked teeth and fucked up palate?

i look like shit if i jut

What if you have crooked teeth and fucked up palate?
Expand the palate by yourself first, then go get Invisalign once your palate is 40mm+
And mew correctly 24/7 during expansion

Go play some football

The only bone structure changes I needed to ascend is a wider palate and corrected overbite. At least they put in some appliance that basically instantly fixes my overbite. Appliance is a pain and I'm sure some orthotropic appliance Mike Mew uses is way better. I live in the USA so no chance I can visit him. But the appliance does the job without pulling back the maxilla, so I can't complain too much since instead I could've gotten elastics I'd never wear.

Crazy part is, members on this forum already know how to fix an overbite at home. The appliance just forces you to permajut until your teeth match. Jutting, hardmewing, and maybe facepulling would've done the job. For any overbitecels, obviously be caerful and do your research, but you can literally jut and hardmew, and maybe facepull your mandible or something, and it'll be fixed.

But then, instead of expanding my palate, they put some cucked thing at the top of my mouth that forcefully holds my first molars in place. And it reduces the effectiveness of mewing. So I can't thumbpull or do anything for almost a year and my palate is just held at 28mm :feelswhy:. And I'm getting braces too. I won't be done with this treatment until I graduate high school. At least that's what I need for straight teeth, so that's fine, but I literally NEED a wider maxilla. So I'm just stuck with a narrow palate, bad airway, no cheekbones, and poor under-eye support. The braces will probably tilt my teeth out, but I doubt I'm seeing any authentic facial changes. Pretty sure I got SCAMMED. To anyone with a narrow palate, thumbpull and regularly push your tongue on the sides of your palate as hard as you can to expand it, or just order a custom orthotropic expander that works on back palate mostly.

I'm 16. Instead, if I spent 1 year at home fixing my overbite and expanding my palate on my own, I could've first fixed my bones and now I'm good-looking at 17 and it's all good. My teeth would be just a little crooked, and I'll get Invisalign. I just never realized you can DIY and how effective it is. I could literally have saving thousands of dollars and having a better life.

My point is, orthodontics is never about aesthetics, and it's SINGULAR purpose is straightening the teeth. Correct treatment is CRUCIAL to aesthetics, and DIY will give way better results. If you have a narrow palate or an overbite, try to DIY at home. You can make structural changes, but you can't straighten your teeth at home though, so get braces or Invisalign. Obviously, do your research and don't blindly trust, but it's possible to achieve results, just don't be an idiot and bonesmash your chin or cheekbones backwards or something like that. But you can fix any structural problem at home, just not regular crooked teeth. And obviously if it's just crooked teeth, any dentist or orthodontist can easily fix it.

It now seems like I will be losing my teen years, and I'll never get to really "experience" them much. I'm going to literally have to wait until post-graduation just to be able to finally expand my palate. And finally in college I'll make it.

TL;DR - Don't get orthodontics unless it's just normal crooked teeth. You can fix any facial structure problems far more effectively at home. You save money and it's low-risk. The "just bonesmash" people on this forum are probably giving you better advice than someone telling you to go visit an orthodontist and get it treated.
Get Invisalign.
Metal braces made me recessed and gave me a narrow palate.
Mewing fixed my palate, but not my recession...

• +1
Reactions: Vanilla

Well how do i fix a crossbite at home

Get Invisalign.
Metal braces made me recessed and gave me a narrow palate.
Mewing fixed my palate, but not my recession...
My braces will expand outwards. Idk if I'll get facial changes but I'll have straight teeth without extractions. I'll just see how it goes.