My benchpress is stuck on 80kg for about a few months now

moodless

moodless

Honor and Rigor.
Is this really my natural limit? I'm decently lean and have been natural training for a while now. I hear people online talk as if 225lbs is the standard "high" weight.

Is 225lbs realistic for me if I am stagnating on 80kg ( 175lbs ) at 24 and also what do I do to break stagnant progress?

I've been doing deadhangs and grip training as well as focusing on my form and nutrition more.

@Outerz14 @TechnoBoss @Gargantuan

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and TechnoBoss
Benches me

• +1
Reactions: moodless
Need more info - are you bulking or cutting? How long you lifting for? How much do you weight/height?

80kg is no mans natural limit unless they're disabled

• +1
eat more.

• +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2 and moodless
Is this really my natural limit? I'm decently lean and have been natural training for a while now. I hear people online talk as if 225lbs is the standard "high" weight.

Is 225lbs realistic for me if I am stagnating on 80kg ( 175lbs ) at 24 and also what do I do to break stagnant progress?

I've been doing deadhangs and grip training as well as focusing on my form and nutrition more.

Do you do anything else besides flat bench? Do you do inclines?

If you're stagnating the obvious advice I'd give would be to eat more & increase the weight in very small amounts each time. Add like 2.5kg each time you try to bench.

How much do you weigh?

@ConfusedBolivian

• +1
Need more info - are you bulking or cutting? How long you lifting for? How much do you weight/height?

80kg is no mans natural limit unless they're disabled
Been training for maybe a year and a half now. I weigh 77kg this morning at 6ft3.

eat more.
Do you do anything else besides flat bench? Do you do inclines?

If you're stagnating the obvious advice I'd give would be to eat more & increase the weight in very small amounts each time. Add like 2.5kg each time you try to bench.

How much do you weigh?

@ConfusedBolivian
As for the eating part, I've always been the type to feel full after not eating too much so I usually stuff my face till I am full all the time for good measure.

Do you do anything else besides flat bench? Do you do ininclinesi
I do incline with dumbells sometimes and on lazier days I just use a vertical press machine

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Been training for maybe a year and a half now. I weigh 77kg this morning at 6ft3.

As for the eating part, I've always been the type to feel full after not eating too much so I usually stuff my face till I am full all the time for good measure.

I do incline with dumbells sometimes and on lazier days I just use a vertical press machine
You're kind of underweight for 6ft3. You should be atleast like 180 pounds imo. I've always had that issue with feeling full too fast as well. Have you considered drinking milk for your calories? It should fill you up slower and let you get in more calories for your day. I had an issue where I was maybe 160 pounds for the longest time too, but I just wasn't eating enough.

I also never did inclines with DBs I just personally never felt the activation like some others do with them unlike the activation I feel with a barbell.

Overall, I'd say try to eat more and add weight in small increments each time you lift. You should be able to do 225 if you get your weight up a little bit more.

• +1
How are you 6'3 77kg and benching 80kg? If you were a beginner (>1 month) okay.

• +1
You're kind of underweight for 6ft3. You should be atleast like 180 pounds imo. I've always had that issue with feeling full too fast as well. Have you considered drinking milk for your calories? It should fill you up slower and let you get in more calories for your day. I had an issue where I was maybe 160 pounds for the longest time too, but I just wasn't eating enough.

I also never did inclines with DBs I just personally never felt the activation like some others do with them unlike the activation I feel with a barbell.

Overall, I'd say try to eat more and add weight in small increments each time you lift. You should be able to do 225 if you get your weight up a little bit more.
Yeah it seems like it's a weight issue, my body and muscles looks very "dry" and deflated anyways if you know what I mean.

I'll do that small increment method next chest and triceps day and try to look into some calorie dense foods.

I drink like maybe a cup of milk a day or so but not specifically for gymcelling, I just like to drink milk in the afternoon with some bread and jam.

Thanks, appreciate the response.

• +1
How are you 6'3 77kg and benching 80kg? If you were a beginner (>1 month) okay.
Been training for 1.5 years and am very lean.

Should I be benching more at this weight?

• JFL
Reactions: SecularIslamist
Been training for 1.5 years and am very lean.

Should I be benching more at this weight?
There's no fucking wat. Have you been cardiomaxxxing only?

When you say you can't bench more than 80kg you know I take it you mean 1 rep max.

• So Sad
  • +1
Editing this message, I did not see the message above before sending this.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Yeah, highest was 3 reps on 80kg and I can't do it without a spotter

Actually yeah I love doing cardio, especially the bike.
Oh 3 rep that's actually okay then. But yeah should be higher. I could probably do 3 reps at 80kg if I had a month of training. I've been off the gym for a while but memory muscle should kick in. I'm like 171cm and 65kg tho.

• +1

My black friend benches 100kg natty bro

• So Sad

80kgs is pathetic ngl.
But anyways, do plyometric push ups and work more on youre triceps.

• So Sad