my brother is balding

playboicarti

playboicarti

algerian mogger
how is this happening if my father still have full head of hair at 60 and my moms side legit have hairlines of a 18 yo dude

how is this happening if my father still have full head of hair at 60 and my moms side legit have hairlines of a 18 yo dude
Ask the best man

• JFL
Reactions: ascension and Deleted member 3946
I didnt pay attention to biology in high school but my small knowledge says that nothing is guaranteed on genes. I mean I have bluegreen eyes (think Barrett) which no one of parents/grandparents have.

My brother, who is 6 years younger than me, has started balding at age 18 out of nowhere, but I am fine.
My father got to norwood 3-4 in his mid 50s, he lives an extremely stressful life though, started going bald maybe in his early 50s.
Around 90% of my male relatives have minimal to no hair loss, with both my grandfathers having FULL heads of hair at 80+ years old.

What is my point?
My point is that this shit is RANDOM. Your brother may be going bald but that doesn't mean anything to YOU.
If you want to look at it based on statistics; look at your male relatives on your mom's side of the family, especially her father. Most of the balding genes come from there, so if on that side you see a bunch of bald men, you have a higher chance of getting it too. Still, even if ALL your male relatives are not balding, that doesn't 100% ensure you won't go bald.

Again, this shit is RANDOM.

• Woah
Reactions: ascension
My brother, who is 6 years younger than me, has started balding at age 18 out of nowhere, but I am fine.
My father got to norwood 3-4 in his mid 50s, he lives an extremely stressful life though, started going bald maybe in his early 50s.
Around 90% of my male relatives have minimal to no hair loss, with both my grandfathers having FULL heads of hair at 80+ years old.

What is my point?
My point is that this shit is RANDOM. Your brother may be going bald but that doesn't mean anything to YOU.
If you want to look at it based on statistics; look at your male relatives on your mom's side of the family, especially her father. Most of the balding genes come from there, so if on that side you see a bunch of bald men, you have a higher chance of getting it too. Still, even if ALL your male relatives are not balding, that doesn't 100% ensure you won't go bald.

Again, this shit is RANDOM.
Why is it mothers father again hereditarily?

Why is it mothers father again hereditarily?
I'm no expert, but they analysed the sets of genes that usually cause balding and found that the vast majority of those come from your mother's side. Must be some X/Y chromosome thing.

I'm no expert, but they analysed the sets of genes that usually cause balding and found that the vast majority of those come from your mother's side. Must be some X/Y chromosome thing.
What if your moms moms side is everyone with no Norwood. Native American or smith. Can they be mitigated.

Also if your dad isn’t bald either