My dad is a money chaser

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Kraken
My dad, who is about to turn 52 this year, has spent his entire life chasing wealth. For him, the number in his bank account is everything. Despite having saved up enough to retire comfortably 12 years ago, he still wakes up at 8 am to commute to his office and works overtime every other week. He could easily live off the rent from his properties and dividends from his investments, but he refuses to stop and is always greedy for more. People have tried explaining to him that he doesn’t need to continue and at his age he should rest, but my dad refuses to stop and denies being a slave to the grind. He says he works because he gets bored at home.

My mom tells me he’s been like this since his college days, sacrificing sleep, personal and family time just for the extra pay or leave encashment. He’s in the best mood at the end of every month. The surge of dopamine he gets when he receives his big paycheck. What’s funny is that he’s hoarding all this money for no clear reason. He’s not a miser, but he has no interest in spending it on things like a new car or a nice watch—unless it’s an investment. He just enjoys watching his wealth grow. It’s quiet strange to me and honesty idk why my dad turned out to be like this its not like my grandparents raised him in a poor household either, and honestly, I’ve inherited some of his traits too it seems.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Alt Number 3, mrdouchebag, Copeful and 18 others
@ReadBooksEveryday @moredatesmorerapes @TechnoBoss @Chadeep @raleqtambrobret

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Chadeep, moredatesmorerapes, raleqtambrobret and 1 other person
gg

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, iabsolvejordan and Jason Voorhees
a very sad man.

such people are unable to just chill and enjoy rotting

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: TAChipmunk, Nick.Harte, Chadeep and 7 others
People like this are among the worst, pure materialists. They are consumed by avarice and embody the spirit of Mammon. To be a real human one must reject money.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: TAChipmunk, A99, Nick.Harte and 3 others
a very sad man.

such people are unable to just chill and enjoy rotting
True my dad is always greedy. He doesn't like to chill

• +1
Reactions: Nick.Harte and FascisstChad
People like this are among the worst, pure materialists. They are consumed by avarice and embody the spirit of Mammon. To be a real human one must reject money.
My dad doesn't really care about materialistic things in the literal sense. Some people are obsessed with cars, watches etc that is fine but my dad is obsessed with just hoarding wealth. What's even thr point?

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Kaari, liberiangrimreaper and 1 other person
True my dad is always greedy. He doesn't like to chill
I’ve never actively persued or desired money in my life. My brothers the opposite always asking for money and wanting to work. These things mean nothing to me. When I got a job the only time I spent money it was to give rent so my mom would let me stay. So my money just laid there. There’s a sickness in modern man for money and it won’t be cured without great adversity.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chadeep, iabsolvejordan, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
it's is personnality, so its ok

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Jason Voorhees and liberiangrimreaper
You should be like him

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, EdgyFashionist, iabsolvejordan and 1 other person
Based high t jew dad :Comfy::Comfy:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: shia.jihadist, MA_ascender, Chadeep and 4 others
My dad doesn't really care about materialistic things in the literal sense. Some people are obsessed with cars, watches etc that is fine but my dad is obsessed with just hoarding wealth. What's even thr point?
I assume he thinks it will let him live lavishly in his very late years. But the truth is for people like this they hardly spend it all and it’s often repossessed by the government and bank. If he was a decent person I’d assume it was so he could pass it to his children to try set them and future generations up but I doubt it. Is he a boomer?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Jason Voorhees
Is he of Yiddish origin?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: MA_ascender, Chadeep, GigaStacySexual and 6 others
thats hes routine working is probably the only thing he knows my grandpa was like that when he was working

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Chadeep, NZb6Air, Jason Voorhees and 2 others
My dad, who is about to turn 52 this year, has spent his entire life chasing wealth. For him, the number in his bank account is everything. Despite having saved up enough to retire comfortably 12 years ago, he still wakes up at 8 am to commute to his office and works overtime every other week. He could easily live off the rent from his properties and dividends from his investments, but he refuses to stop and is always greedy for more. People have tried explaining to him that he doesn’t need to continue and at his age he should rest, but my dad refuses to stop and denies being a slave to the grind. He says he works because he gets bored at home.

My mom tells me he’s been like this since his college days, sacrificing sleep, personal and family time just for the extra pay or leave encashment. He’s in the best mood at the end of every month. The surge of dopamine he gets when he receives his big paycheck. What’s funny is that he’s hoarding all this money for no clear reason. He’s not a miser, but he has no interest in spending it on things like a new car or a nice watch—unless it’s an investment. He just enjoys watching his wealth grow. It’s quiet strange to me and honesty idk why my dad turned out to be like this its not like my grandparents raised him in a poor household either, and honestly, I’ve inherited some of his traits too it seems.
Me if I don’t kill myself at 40yo

My dad is the exact same at yours, dude is on the verge of making 200k/year and works tirelessly still. Probably where i picked it up

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Kaari and Jason Voorhees
Fuck boomers tbh
Today while in the car with my mother she asked: "would you not get a high paying job so you can go and buy somewhere to live and sort yourself out?"
I told her that working in some high paying job would be unfulfilling and there's nothing I want to buy since buying a house would tie me to one location when I dont have any desire to settle down in one location (home country turning to shit) and that I enjoy earning money by working for myself.
I then pointed out that my sister has been working high paying jobs for almost a decade and she hasn't bought a house then she replied with "yeah and she will never have money either"
Putting an end to the "just earn more" retardation
If I wanted to buy property I'd cash out at the peak of the next crypto bullrun but what is the point in owning a house as a single male in your late 20s when renting studio apartments gives you the same quality of life/life setup and allows you to travel anywhwere

Fuck I hate boomers/normies/retards/women

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Jason Voorhees, FascisstChad and 1 other person
Meanwhile my cuck dad lay on couch whole day :feelshah::feelshah: and beat my mom when she said he needs to work :bigbrain::Comfy:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: deadstock, GigaStacySexual, Chadeep and 4 others
Maybe hes saving money for you to rest.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Is ur dad jewish?

• +1
I'm sad to see there are people like that. missing out on other things that can make them happy. he could've retired and played golf with the family but choose not to

• +1
Fuck boomers tbh
Today while in the car with my mother she asked: "would you not get a high paying job so you can go and buy somewhere to live and sort yourself out?"
I told her that working in some high paying job would be unfulfilling and there's nothing I want to buy since buying a house would tie me to one location when I dont have any desire to settle down in one location (home country turning to shit) and that I enjoy earning money by working for myself.
I then pointed out that my sister has been working high paying jobs for almost a decade and she hasn't bought a house then she replied with "yeah and she will never have money either"
If I wanted to buy property I'd cash out at the peak of the next crypto bullrun but what is the point in owning a house as a single male in your late 20s when renting studio apartments gives you the same quality of life/life setup and allows you to travel anywhwere

Ireland is a mess, cost of living too high, high competition, getting a job is hard, liberal government, housing problems, bad weather and a destroyed environment with hardly any forest left. My mom also complained about laws that prohibit high hours for people under 18 talking about how she had to work since 13 like it’s a good thing…

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, 6ft4 and Jason Voorhees
Just put the fries on the bag bro 😭 🙏

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chadeep, iabsolvejordan, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
Just put the fries on the bag bro 😭 🙏
No need to do me like this bro… Plus I don’t work so you’ll have to be the one wagie.
IMG 7701

• +1

I mean it's pretty good for you because you can have some of his money

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, FascisstChad and Jason Voorhees
Ireland is a mess, cost of living too high, high competition, getting a job is hard, liberal government, housing problems, bad weather and a destroyed environment with hardly any forest left. My mom also complained about laws that prohibit high hours for people under 18 talking about how she had to work since 13 like it’s a good thing…
they suffered from it so they're jealous from others for living more comfortably than them which is why they cope saying today's generation is soft etc

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Jason Voorhees and FascisstChad
i'd like to work multiple times a week because i enjoy my job and being NEET can be quite boring

but i wouldn't work so hard 5+ days a week to chase money

i never seriously wished to be a millionaire

you need at least 2 days off throughout the week

it's sad how your dad sacrificed sleep, it's probably the worst thing you can do to yourself

• +1
  • JFL
I assume he thinks it will let him live lavishly in his very late years. But the truth is for people like this they hardly spend it all and it’s often repossessed by the government and bank. If he was a decent person I’d assume it was so he could pass it to his children to try set them and future generations up but I doubt it. Is he a boomer?
I think he just does for thr sake of doing it. I already know I'll inherit all his wealth but I don't think my dad had that in mind when he was grinding for it.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and FascisstChad
they suffered from it so they're jealous from others for living more comfortably than them which is why they cope saying today's generation is soft etc
Yeah I hate that shit from these oldies. They talk about how they used to get beat not just at home but at school and have been working since like 12-13. That’s fucking miserable, imagine you’re in your youth the best years of your life and you have basically no free time. 5, multi hour days at school and then you have to work after and on holidays… These old fucks need to realise work isn’t all that matters.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Jason Voorhees
i'd like to work multiple times a week because i enjoy my job and being NEET can be quite boring

but i wouldn't work so hard 5+ days a week to chase money

i never seriously wished to be a millionaire

you need at least 2 days off throughout the week

it's sad how your dad sacrificed sleep, it's probably the worst thing you can do to yourself
There’s nothing boring about being a neet. It’s the best thing ever, no strees, high entertainment and a relaxed sense of self. The only bad thing is the feeling that it won’t last forever and you’ll eventually have to rejoin the slave system.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Chadeep, iabsolvejordan and Jason Voorhees
Fuck boomers tbh

I don't think property is a good investment in general. It doesn't beat inflation rates unless it's some prime location, ties you down to a place, you need to pay for it's maintenance. There's no liquidity either. Also it's a huge commitment. Equity investments are the best.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, iabsolvejordan and 6ft4
There’s nothing boring about being a neet. It’s the best thing ever, no strees, high entertainment and a relaxed sense of self. The only bad thing is the feeling that it won’t last forever and you’ll eventually have to rejoin the slave system.
i was neet for around 3 years of my life, my social life was non existent and i was highly bored

life's gotten better for me since i started working

i'm in my early 20s and i want to avoid a dull life tbh, each to their own though

• JFL
  • +1
i was neet for around 3 years of my life, my social life was non existent and i was highly bored

life's gotten better for me since i started working

i'm in my early 20s and i want to avoid a dull life tbh, each to their own though
You don’t need work to have a social life, I was going out with people out of a job. But if you want to work to make Jews money go for it. And what social life are you referring to? Do you even get laid once a month to 2 months if not, why bother.

• +1
You don’t need work to have a social life, I was going out with people out of a job. But if you want to work to make Jews money go for it. And what social life are you referring to? Do you even get laid once a month to 2 months if not, why bother.
it's hard to make friends if you're neet

i'm talking about just friends i've met through work and because of work colleagues outside of work

getting laid is hard for me because of my looks, it has nothing to do with my social life imo

• +1
it's hard to make friends if you're neet

i'm talking about just friends i've met through work and because of work colleagues outside of work

getting laid is hard for me because of my looks, it has nothing to do with my social life imo
I like hanging out with people but when it gets to a point where you have to constantly be out it becomes a burden. I don’t see the point in maintaining anything like that unless it helps me get laid.

• +1
Im gonna end up like your dad :feelswhy: but at least I will spend something on travels and betabuxxing like a retard

• +1
Sounds good because you’ll get more inheritance, right? But I guess that’s a long way off anyway

My dad is a similar age and preparing for retirement now. He is more chill but might have been similar when younger
I can somewhat relate tbh. Extra money doesn’t really mean much in terms of, oh you get a slightly bigger house, you get a slightly bigger car. I guess I do need a lot of money for some goals of mine and it’d also help you retire early.
But regardless I can sort of understand why he’s doing it. Achieving something like that would feel good. Life feels so mundane generally. I’m talking large scale though, like starting a company maybe

• +1
you have jewish ancestry by any chance?

Last edited:
  • +1
Do you have any other siblings? He seems like an overachiever.

• +1
@Copeful

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
M

y grandad was like this but it wasn't for wealth he just wanted to work he died like 5 years after he retired

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and NorwoodAscender
hes probably doing it for you
i doubt hes gonna cash everything out when he turns like 60 or something
not much you can do with money once your older anyways

• +1
He's saving enough money to enjoy a full month of hot hookers and cocaine in some tropical place. It's a very expensive endeavor.
The guy got tired of porking your fat ugly mom and decided to spend all of his time grinding to finally bang the women he wanted.
I respect his grind.

Where you see greed, he sees fulfillment.

he got his priorities right. When you got people dependent on you, you can’t relax and afford to be complacent with money.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: greycel