My dad just accused my mum of having seasonal affective disorder

Xangsane

Xangsane

Debby Down syndrome
Because she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts (we wear jumpers and sweatpants) while Lee is pissing on our house. He accused her of refusing to let go of summer (tbh it's a white trait where I live, you see white people wearing tank tops in 10 degree Celsius weather with a glimmer of sunlight in March and October) and when she tried to retort he said "you're white what do you expect?"

She said "what do you expect I was born on this cold wet piece of land called blighty" and both laughed it off

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: try2beme and Deleted member 23558
uk is death. 0 sun.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
uk is death. 0 sun.
She says our summer is the equivalent of autumn in many countries including the US. She says she is getting old and hates winter. She also tends to feel more lethargic, lazy and irritable during November - March (October has halloween and she's a former goth so that keeps her happy)

She says our summer is the equivalent of autumn in many countries including the US. She says she is getting old and hates winter. She also tends to feel more lethargic, lazy and irritable during November - March (October has halloween and she's a former goth so that keeps her happy)
You need way less thyroid in summer than winter

• +1
@Bewusst thoughts?
It's kinda true. Cold temperatures require higher metabolic effort to maintain body temperature. Given the same activity level, TDEE drops in summer, on top of the weather-associated malaise and drop in appetite

• +1
It's kinda true. Cold temperatures require higher metabolic effort to maintain body temperature. Given the same activity level, TDEE drops in summer, on top of the weather-associated malaise and drop in appetite
We were talking about it and we agree on the fact that in the UK we have 11 months of autumn, 1 week of summer and the rest winter.

I like my seasons clean cut but mum loves summer and Halloween.

We were talking about it and we agree on the fact that in the UK we have 11 months of autumn, 1 week of summer and the rest winter.

I like my seasons clean cut but mum loves summer and Halloween.
Autumn (with actual autumn weather) is the best season of the year imo. It's still 30 °C in late September in Berlin, Germany, so I doubt the weather is as you described, unless you live somewhere in Scotland. I can't stand heat and humidity. Wanna swap?

• +1
Autumn (with actual autumn weather) is the best season of the year imo. It's still 30 °C in late September in Berlin, Germany, so I doubt the weather is as you described, unless you live somewhere in Scotland. I can't stand heat and humidity. Wanna swap?
I'm not in Scotland. But this summer apart from 1 week in June and 1 week in September was practically autumn. I love autumn but I'm sick and tired of the same thing again and again. I like snow, I like sun, I like flowers.

Yes please. But I like the lifestyle in california, Florida and Australia. Canada isn't too bad either. Too bad cali is a shithole.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
I'm not in Scotland. But this summer apart from 1 week in June and 1 week in September was practically autumn.

Yes please. But I like the lifestyle in california, Florida and Australia. Too bad cali is a shithole.
I'm going on holiday this October but it's to a cold country.

UK
IMG 20230919 160037

USA
Screenshot 20230919 160029

You dont have a father or mother you SCHIZO
WAKE UP AND TAKE YOUR MEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDSSSSSS

• WTF

• JFL
I'm not in Scotland. But this summer apart from 1 week in June and 1 week in September was practically autumn.
Sounds ideal to me. Nothing beats a golden October with a fresh autumn breeze and golden leaves. My eyes are sensitive to light and I start sweating and itching terribly in bright sunlight and hot and humid weather

• +1

UNGA BUNGA UNGA BUNGA UNGA BANGA
UNGA BUNGA UNGA BUNGA UNGA BANGA...

• JFL
Yes please. But I like the lifestyle in california, Florida and Australia. Canada isn't too bad either. Too bad cali is a shithole.
You're black iirc? The weather in these places would kill me. Only Canada sounds fine

• +1
Alright.
Sounds ideal to me. Nothing beats a golden October with a fresh autumn breeze and golden leaves. My eyes are sensitive to light and I start sweating and itching terribly in bright sunlight and hot and humid weather
I like crisp autumns with clear skies and a slight breeze as you said. Not rainy, wet and windy autumns.

And now Lee and friends have come to spoil it.

Screenshot 20230919 160959
Screenshot 20230919 161008
Screenshot 20230919 161016

Summer is uncomfortable but it's nice to check out the greeneries and vegetation while it's still daylight at 10pm.

You're black iirc? The weather in these places would kill me. Only Canada sounds fine
MENA/white/black

Every other white person here walks about in flip flops, t shirts and shorts when it's 10 degrees Celsius with a glimmer of sun poking through the overcast skies in March and October

• +1
  • +1
Every other white person here walks about in flip flops, t shirts and shorts when it's 10 degrees Celsius with a glimmer of sun poking through the overcast skies in March and October
I know. I can't relate to these people anymore. I used to be able to tolerate the sun better (I even took sunbaths to get a tan), but I can't do these things anymore. Idk whether that is due to my OCD, polycythemia or just getting older, but I just can't anymore

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and Xangsane
I don't like squalls and thunderstorms either (unless I'm inside ofc), but I still prefer it over the scorching summer heat. Good luck to you. Hope you'll be spared by that hurricane
Three are coming (Nigel, Margot, Lee)
Screenshot 20230919 164635
Screenshot 20230919 164645
Screenshot 20230919 164654

I am just praying we get crisp autumn weather for once rather than this blustery mess.

Don't get me wrong, some hurricanes love warm weather and ice cream:
Screenshot 20230919 164922
Screenshot 20230919 164928

Last edited:
I know. I can't relate to these people anymore. I used to be able to tolerate the sun better (I even took sunbaths to get a tan), but I can't do these things anymore. Idk whether that is due to my OCD, polycythemia or just getting older, but I just can't anymore
Older people hate hot weather but love warm pleasant weather.

I also have a tendency to wrap up more than the average person here.

I also take a long time to change to warmer clothes
But it’s because of laziness, not loving shitmmer so much. I also struggle to leave behind warm clothes when winter is over.

• +1
I also take a long time to change to warmer clothes
But it’s because of laziness, not loving shitmmer so much. I also struggle to leave behind warm clothes when winter is over.
Do you think my mum has SAD?